Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Alli clearly has his arm up, the ball clearly hits that arm... I don’t see how it can be anything other than a penalty. At the World Cup I remember this given often 

And the Everton player was leaning on top of him, not saying your wrong it’s just what it looked like to me. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Nobody ever quite means THAT (except Roy Keane) but its a stupid tackle on a guy who just clattered him in the face. 

He accelerates when he sees Gomes getting the ball and deliberately trips him. 

He might not be trying to cause him an injury and he obviously regrets the extent of it but he was deliberately trying to foul him. 

The Son tackle did not do the damage though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Well I mean, it does, doesn't it? If Son doesn't trip him up it never happens.

Incidentally, in a weird way I do agree with @ttfn, it's kinda only really a yellow card tackle.

But he does foul him, it is a deliberate trip and he wouldn't have fallen in to the Aurier challenge if Son hadn't done anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

This is what I don’t get, Aurier has committed a pretty blatant red card tackle there and Son’s been sent off for it?

Given the way Gomes was travelling as well, it’s fortunate Aurier didn’t get injured too. 

Dreadful injury but that’s not been caused by Son’s tackle. You can’t start sending players off based on whether the player gets injured.

I'm no Tottenham fan but I'd be absolutely livid if I was. How can VAR not rescind that red card? The referee shouldn't be changing his mind about the card he's showing based on the injury anyway, but for VAR to not intervene and save Son from suspension is ridiculous.

Son trips him, that's a yellow, similar to Choudhury on Salah. Aurier comes steaming in and clatters Gomes as he's falling, totally out of control, and he actually causes the injury, and injury or not probably deserved a red.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Son trips him, that's a yellow, similar to Choudhury on Salah. Aurier comes steaming in and clatters Gomes as he's falling, totally out of control, and he actually causes the injury, and injury or not probably deserved a red.

Potential for the suspension to be flipped? 

Surely this is what VAR should be for?

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Potential for the suspension to be flipped? 

Surely this is what VAR should be for?

Shouldn't need reviewing after the game, it should have been reviewed during it like you say.

• Like 2

Putting the emotion aside, as referees are supposed to, again shows what a rubbish referee Atkinson is. Not sure it was even a yellow. But horrible accident. Similar to the David Busst injury. Also shows what absolutely classless/we’re victims wankers everyone from Liverpool (ok- slight exaggeration) are. All the boo-ing from the Gladys St end. Melts...