Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I can’t stand Liverpool, well more accurately I can’t stand the huge amount of plastic fans that I’ve had to endure since childhood. 

How old are you?

I'm just past 50. When I was young it was Man U that was the goto destination for supporters who were, ahem, 'new to the game'. Unless I have missed something, it can only really have changed since Klopp came in, so you must be about 12 by my reckoning. Maybe it was before, but I don't remember Benitez's Liverpool being pilloried like this, when they were pretty strong.

Maybe the top side of the day gets the hate, and it is as simple as that. The hate of Man City, for example, seems less intense now Pep is having a bit of trouble.

I also remember all the 'plastic' people of Leicester who suddenly found an interest in footy in 15/16. Do we need to hate on them too?

ps this moan isn't really aimed at you (apart from the age bit), because you don't descend into the full-on expressions of hate that many post on here, and if you have had that experience I guess it is a pretty reasonable response. I try and save my hate for actual terrible people who do actual terrible things. And the tories, obviously! :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

3 points separating Sheff Utd in 5th and Everton in 15th :blink:

The next games after the break

Bournemouth (9th) vs Wolves (8th)

Sheff Utd (5th) vs Man Utd (7th)

And perhaps more importantly, Man City (4th) vs Chelsea (3rd).

If we beat Brighton, we could conceivably widen the gap between ourselves and 5th but not only that, potentially widen the gap between ourselves and 4th...

The league is impossible to predict. Who would have said Norwich would beat Man City? No one would have said Sheffield United would go to Spurs and deserve to win pre-season. To break into the so-called big 6 is going to take a monumental effort. Five of the current top 7 places are occupied by members of the so-called big 6. Man Utd are starting to play quite well and are scoring more goals now. I can see them winning at Sheffield United. Wolves are playing well and coping with the Europa League excellently.

People say the standard of the league is poor. But if the so-called big 6  were all at the top and there was the usual gap between them and the rest no-one would be saying this. It is fashionable to denigrate the efforts and perfomances of sides like us but the truth is that every side in the league has players of decent quality, capable of hurting the opposition. How they are managed and made into a cohesive team is another matter.

All ifs, buts and maybes at the moment. We just need to keep it one game at a time and see where we are with 10 to go. Brighton away will be a very hard game.

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

How old are you?

I'm just past 50. When I was young it was Man U that was the goto destination for supporters who were, ahem, 'new to the game'. Unless I have missed something, it can only really have changed since Klopp came in, so you must be about 12 by my reckoning. Maybe it was before, but I don't remember Benitez's Liverpool being pilloried like this, when they were pretty strong.

Maybe the top side of the day gets the hate, and it is as simple as that. The hate of Man City, for example, seems less intense now Pep is having a bit of trouble.

I also remember all the 'plastic' people of Leicester who suddenly found an interest in footy in 15/16. Do we need to hate on them too?

ps this moan isn't really aimed at you (apart from the age bit), because you don't descend into the full-on expressions of hate that many post on here, and if you have had that experience I guess it is a pretty reasonable response. I try and save my hate for actual terrible people who do actual terrible things. And the tories, obviously! :ph34r:

I’m 46 and clearly grew up around a lot of plastic pool fans, I dunno maybe is was because they were winning quite a lot then, and yes I can use the word hate because it’s how I feel about these irritating people but I’ll accept it’s more what they do by “supporting” these teams then them personally!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

How old are you?

I was at school though the mid 70’s and I remember it was both Man Utd and Liverpool who were the go to teams for youngsters getting into football, Liverpool were dominant at that time so it it makes sense that they’d attract a lot of new support. Thankfully most “supporters” grow out of it when they reach maturity and support their home town club.

• Like 1

I also dislike Liverpool mainly because their ex players are flooded in the media and Koppp is a cvnt. But I'm kinda over them. I dont really care if they win the league or not. We should aim to finish above Man City. Liverpool are too good, we wont catch them.

12 hours ago, One Arm Babba said:

We’re in a perfect position, media writing us off again already. It suits us just fine. Keep performing and keep winning games. 

lets see where we are come December 21st and face city away before Liverpool at home on Boxing Day. We’ve on paper a good run of fixtures between now and then, if we can stay in touch then the 2 games against the big boys could be interesting.

Definitely better to be the chasers than the one being chased. Rodgers knows all about title races and the mentality required.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Wolves could learn how to best the dog shit in this league instead of drawing a lot of games, they could quite easily follow up last seasons success with a top 6 finish.

They're a bit too one dimensional for me. Not enough creativity which results in poor results against terrible teams. They cease possession and cease control of the midfield to teams who dont deserve it. 

I know Wolves fans dont wanna hear this but if they want to go up another level then Nuno has to be moved on. He's done amazing for the club but his tactics sometimes are too negative. 

24 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Pep is a different class to Klopp, at least Pep recognises us and Chelsea are up there, all Klopp was saying was 9pts lead over Man City it’s as if ourselves and Chelsea don’t exist, I really do hope Liverpool blow up. 

I was listening to 606 last night and every Liverpool fan talked about a 9 point gap/lead, I was starting to think my maths was out!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

They're a bit too one dimensional for me. Not enough creativity which results in poor results against terrible teams. They cease possession and cease control of the midfield to teams who dont deserve it. 

I know Wolves fans dont wanna hear this but if they want to go up another level then Nuno has to be moved on. He's done amazing for the club but his tactics sometimes are too negative. 

a) Ric was poking fun at Wolves, I don't think he was making a serious point at all.

b) I'm not sure what word you're reaching for when you say 'cease'. I can normally work out what people are trying to say, but not on this occasion - maybe 'concede'?

40 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Pep is a different class to Klopp, at least Pep recognises us and Chelsea are up there, all Klopp was saying was 9pts lead over Man City it’s as if ourselves and Chelsea don’t exist, I really do hope Liverpool blow up. 

Same as 2016  but look at what happened then.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Still find it funny that Arsenal, THE Arsenal, came here with a back 5 and had Laca and Auba pushed wide to stop our fullbacks. 

Imagine its 1998 and Arsenal came to Filbert Street with 7 defensive minded players and had Bergkamp and Ian Wright play out wide to stop Steve Guppy and Pontus Kåmark from causing havoc. 

To be fair, Emery adapting his tactics for games is what Wenger needed to do. Problem is that the personnel isn't good enough to carry it out. Look at the amount of times they gave the ball away around their area, plus not tracking the movement for our first goal.

He had the right idea but at the wrong time.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

a) Ric was poking fun at Wolves, I don't think he was making a serious point at all.

b) I'm not sure what word you're reaching for when you say 'cease'. I can normally work out what people are trying to say, but not on this occasion - maybe 'concede'?

'Cede' works best