Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

That's good news for the chasing pack. 

Confucius says best not screw with Karma. Best of health to all competitors and may the best club (Leicester City) win.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He might have farted near him during the match 2 months ago.

Hamza farts are scientifically proven to weaken the cellular structure of any lifeforms that come into contact with them, increasing the likelihood of injuries. It’s true. 

Think Rafa is probably the best manager available for them in terms of being the best fit, but not the most inspiring appointment I guess. Allegri has a lot of noise around him and I do rate him to some extent, but he kind of rode Conte's coatails a bit and soon as he lost Ibra it went tits up for him at Milan. So I'd be wary. Would be quite funny if they make the same mistake as united though

• Like 3

Newly-appointed Premier League chief executive David Pemsel has resigned before starting the job.

Pemsel was appointed in October, and was due to start in February, but has stood down following newspaper allegations about his private life.

The Premier League said Richard Masters will stay as interim chief executive.

Pemsel was the third person to be offered the job following the departure of ex-chief executive Richard Scudamore, who left in November 2018.

Susanna Dinnage was originally named as Scudamore's successor but later declined the role to remain at media organisation Discovery.

Senior BBC executive Tim Davie also turned down the chance to take up the post.

The Premier League said in a statement: "Following media disclosures earlier this week and discussions with David Pemsel, the Premier League has today accepted David's resignation and he will no longer be joining as chief executive."

Pemsel's appointment was unanimously approved at a special Premier League shareholders' meeting in October.

At the time, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, who is also chairman of the Premier League nominations committee, said of Pemsel: "His straightforward style and personal integrity make him an ideal person to lead the business."

David Pemsel is the CEO of The Guardian and a 51 year-old married man. Above are some of his texts to a twentysomething female colleague. He was about to transfer to become the CEO of the Premier League. Unfortunately now these texts have come to light that won’t be happening. According to one Guardian source “it is amazing really, the common consensus in Kings Place is that the only person he fancied in the whole building was himself.” Pemsel’s wife is not impressed about his attempts to play away either…

CM-COMPOSITE-PHONE-P51.jpg?resize=900%2C600&ssl=1

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Newly-appointed Premier League chief executive David Pemsel has resigned before starting the job.

Pemsel was appointed in October, and was due to start in February, but has stood down following newspaper allegations about his private life.

Pemsel was the third person to be offered the job following the departure of ex-chief executive Richard Scudamore, who left in November 2018.

Susanna Dinnage was originally named as Scudamore's successor but later declined the role to remain at media organisation Discovery.

The Premier League said in a statement: "Following media disclosures earlier this week and discussions with David Pemsel, the Premier League has today accepted David's resignation and he will no longer be joining as chief executive."

Pemsel's appointment was unanimously approved at a special Premier League shareholders' meeting in October.

At the time, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, who is also chairman of the Premier League nominations committee, said of Pemsel: "His straightforward style and personal integrity make him an ideal person to lead the business."

David Pemsel is the CEO of The Guardian and a 51 year-old married man. Above are some of his texts to a twentysomething female colleague. He was about to transfer to become the CEO of the Premier League. Unfortunately now these texts have come to light that won’t be happening. According to one Guardian source “it is amazing really, the common consensus in Kings Place is that the only person he fancied in the whole building was himself.” Pemsel’s wife is not impressed about his attempts to play away either…

Not a peep in the Guardian article about this matter. Protecting their own.

Poch must surely be tempted by the Arsenal job cause I think he do wonders there, considering what's he's done on the budget at Spurs and we know how Arsenal don't like to part with cash much...I mean match made in heaven for Arsenal board. But I dunno Poch seems a decent guy even though he's been treated quite crap by the Spurs board, I don't think he's the type to rub salt in wounds and join their rivals Arsenal. United possibly and I'm quite certain they will happen eventually and possibly be a better fit for him, at least at United he would have money to spend. 

5 hours ago, davieG said:

He’s not taking the job because someone hacked into his phone and found him cheating on his wife? Please, as long as he’s not a knife wielding maniac with half his brain removed he’d probably improve the place. But I see the PL are looking for integrity and cheating on your wife is a difficult sell. This is will be the FOURTH person they’ve tried to give the job too? Fking hell.

31 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He’s not taking the job because someone hacked into his phone and found him cheating on his wife? Please, as long as he’s not a knife wielding maniac with half his brain removed he’d probably improve the place. But I see the PL are looking for integrity and cheating on your wife is a difficult sell. This is will be the FOURTH person they’ve tried to give the job too? Fking hell.

He did look an absolute arse in the press shots of him tbf, the type of person to be really loud in first class on a train.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He did look an absolute arse in the press shots of him tbf, the type of person to be really loud in first class on a train.

I quite liked that last quote about him from the anonymous gu source

19 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Or next to a shop window corner doing that thing......Edit that was Harry Worth(very underated ).One for the kids!

19 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Harry Worth? Blimey, that is going back a bit!

(I don't know why, but there it is).

19 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Just struck me but Harry Hill is basically copying Worth even down to the accent!

13 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

The difference being Harry Hill can be funny. 

12 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

But Worth was funnier 50 years ago.;)

12 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

Give over, he was shite. 

Z0SLTCB.jpg.8fdf89ceb0ca1a1a49b01211d925e2f7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So Newcastle v Man City; Chelsea v Hammers and Liverpool v Brighton....

I do wonder today if there will be a banana skin for one or more of those top four sides today.... Newcastle are up against it and could frustrate City who have not been firing on all cylinders lately, Chelsea will be without Tammy Abraham and West Ham and Pelegrini are fighting for their lives after a run of poor results and Brighton I expect to fully shut up shop against Liverpool following their recent defeat to us.

13 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So Newcastle v Man City; Chelsea v Hammers and Liverpool v Brighton....

I do wonder today if there will be a banana skin for one or more of those top four sides today.... Newcastle are up against it and could frustrate City who have not been firing on all cylinders lately, Chelsea will be without Tammy Abraham and West Ham and Pellegrini are fighting for their lives after a run of poor results and Brighton I expect to fully shut up shop against Liverpool following their recent defeat to us.

I'd like to channel FIF and tell you how wrong your post is, especially about Mahrez. And boxing. :)