Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Yeah I agree I think. It’s worrying me how much better Wolves look than us at the moment. Worried they’ve peaked at the right time. 

Especially when you factor in their terrible start.  They're on fire and a real threat.  Why can so few of us see that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Perfect result for us keeps us in the race for Champions League football. The title race is over now.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion? :S

There is more chance of Wolves finishing top four than Man City finishing 5th or lower so that makes us less likely to finish in a CL spot. 

• Like 2

Amazing result for us that! Will put a thorn in Man City's side. They will focus on other competitions now I would have thought. 

Liverpool will continue to storm other teams, while we continue to tick along quietly in second place. Happy days. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

How the **** is it a terrible result? Our nearest rivals dropping points? It’s the Christmas present our lads couldn’t deliver. 

I don’t think so. Long term Man C will be second and we’re looking for 3rd and 4th. Those teams chasing 3rd and 4th, Chelsea, Wolves Spuds Utd we want to drop points. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't see how. If we falter enough for Wolves to catch us we don't deserve top 4

Can't agree

If we falter enough then I want the likes of Wolves and Spurs to lose as many as possible to give us the best chance possible of European football whether we deserve it or not

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Looks like I'm in the minority then... That's a terrible result for us imo

If we drop out of the top 4 it won't be because Wolves picked up 3 points against 10 man Man City. They play Liverpool twice in the next 5, there will be points dropped. 

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

fancy Wolves to be top Midlands club this season. Nine point behind us but can close the gap. 

Jeez, the Xmas fixtures have been hard on some people. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

awful result for us. there's no difference between finishing second and third. there's quite a big difference between finishing fourth or fifth. 

finishing above or below man city is irrelevant. finishing above or below wolves might just be the difference between champions league football and europa league football. give your heads a wobble if you think that is good for us. 

If we drop out of those places we have only our selves to blame.

• Like 1

Wolves winning is a fantastic result for us.

First off they’re a decent side, who are currently nine points behind us, if you’re worried about wolves catching us then you’re willing to accept we will throw away a nine point lead..... if that was to happen we wouldn’t deserve a place in the top four.

It’s a physiological boost for us, can you imagine how those players would feel going into tomorrow having lost to both City and Liverpool and slipping down to third? As it goes we haven’t, and we’re still a point clear, our team talk tomorrow is done, dust yourselves down go out there and restore the gap between us and them.

It is a great result, and cheers to our neighbours for doing us a favour, now stop being a bunch of ostriches, pull your heads out of the sand and cheer us on tomorrow to batter West Ham.

COME ON YOU BLUE BASTARDS! 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Amazing how quick people forget the winning run we went out. All of a sudden we're an inferior side to Wolves lol

it's mad cause we've learnt nothing new from this game, wolves' problem has always been beating teams worse than them which they havent exactly fixed. Whereas that's where we've shone and are where we are, we might not be a big game team but we'll wrap up top 4 if we keep doing what we doing and get back on track

• Like 1

I am not worried about Wolves, they have so many games to navigate, we have dipped granted but we will pick up again.

Wolves have Liverpool next up, I would be more worried if I was Chelsea tbh. Finishing above Manchester City will be good for us.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

How the **** is it a terrible result? Our nearest rivals dropping points? It’s the Christmas present our lads couldn’t deliver. 

I find it utterly amazing that by definition of this post you think there is more chance of Man City finishing 5th or lower than Wolves finishing 4th or higher. 

If we have written off the title which we all should have done by now then our competitor isn't Man City but the teams chasing that 4th placed finish. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Especially when you factor in their terrible start.  They're on fire and a real threat.  Why can so few of us see that?

It’s by no means the end of the world, but they are picking points up. I’m fully in the camp of win tomorrow and we’ll cement it easily though. With us at the mo it seems like when we’re good we’re ****ing unplayable and when we’re bad we look like relegation fodder lol I can’t work it out 

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

No way Liverpool will blow this, no way. Fair play to them as well as they’ve been streets ahead of the rest of us. The one thing though will be the constant rimming from the media which means I’ll have to go into a football coma this summer and only come out when England are playing, and only then with the sound off!

Be the funniest of funny things if they did

• Like 1