Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Tom Heaton signing for villa. Not sure on a few they have bought, but this is a very astute signing 

A bit off subject but I met Tom Heaton on a plane to Corfu this summer. With his family but still took the time to chat with me about football. He'll be a shrewd signing for them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Is Dybala that good?

He's one of these I must be unlucky with.

Ability yes, consistency no. 

On his day he's absolutely brilliant. Last season I think his stock dropped a little, he struggled for form and didn't adjust to Ronaldo very well. 

Could almost certainly get in to any other champions league club. Would be surprised if he was all that eager to go to united. 

Wtf are Burnley thinking. He's clearly their best keeper. Results improved massively when he returned last year. Senior player, club captain, good keeper, selling for £8m. Mental.

49 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wtf are Burnley thinking. He's clearly their best keeper. Results improved massively when he returned last year. Senior player, club captain, good keeper, selling for £8m. Mental.

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Burnley have three decent keepers. They can't pick and choose who they sell, depends who gets bid on. 

I'd say Nick Pope is better but even so, that's a bargain for Villa! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

It's a good business move. Heaton only has a couple of years left in him whilst they still have Pope who will go up in value. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd say Nick Pope is better but even so, that's a bargain for Villa! 

15 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It's a good business move. Heaton only has a couple of years left in him whilst they still have Pope who will go up in value. 

Hmmm see imo Pope had a great spell pre injury, but lots of players have short bursts of form. There no saying he'll come back as good, or continue the form over a longer spell. Heaton is proven, and imo the best English keeper around atm. I know they can't pick who gets bid on, but in a similar way we have 3 senior keepers in Kasper, Ward and Jakupivoc. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't listen to anything but a huge offer for Kasper, a decent one for Ward and we'd probably be happy to let Jakupovic go. Burnley should be roughly the same, happy to keep Heaton and Pope unless very good bids come in and happy to let Hart leave, who is only mentioned because of his name, hasn't been a decent keeper in years.

19 hours ago, The Bear said:

;)

IMG_20190730_135702.jpg

Nick gets around a lot!

Cutrone has half the number of Italy caps as Bobby Zamora does for England, so i'm not sure that's a great yardstick. Also, Cutrone's goals in Europe have been against the likes of Olympiacos and a team from Luxembourg whilst Kean was making substitute appeareances against Europe's elite clubs, so i'm not sure that works either. Both have got great potential, but Kean is younger and  has been challenging in one of Europe's best sides and scoring on the international stage too, Cutrone had a great breakthrough season and then stagnated a little before finding himself down the pecking order. 

Both could easily turn out to be Zola-esque or replicate Corrado Grabbi. Players coming from Italy seem to either be huge hits, or huge misses. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's making all the noises that suggest he wants out. This isn't a single season thing and he's been pissed on this type of thing for a while now. Wouldn't be surprised if he left at any point tbh.

very poor body language... he is being shafted by Levy... he should have got out by now... we have seen peak spurs...

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

very poor body language... he is being shafted by Levy... he should have got out by now... we have seen peak spurs...

Imagine Levy is great in terms of keeping players just not when it comes to buying. 

It does seem like he's being shafted and all things arent pleasant. Am really surprised he hasn't left yet.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I might get shot down for this but having watched both a number of times, Kean is significantly better than Cutrone currently. I'm staggered Juventus are letting him go.

I think Juventus know he's not going to make it at the top level, he scored a few but wouldn't in that team?

Kean could easily be another Iheanacho.