Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

34 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Vardy to only get 10 goals with all thr extra service he'll be getting and the change to a more positive style. Be amazed if he's not in the high teens again.

I would stake a tenner on him bagging 20+ again.  If our more positive approach and the likely service he will get from Youri and Madders materialises rather than him being frozen out and isolated like he was for a large part of last season then he could even be up there challenging for the golden boot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If he wants a gig at the top 6 then I think he'll have to have us comfortably in the top 7 and into the latter stages of the Europa League.

Maybe, but sometimes the top sides make rash decisions mid season and although interim managers then usually take over I could envisage a few of the top 6 needing a new manager in the next season and he will do well for us this season.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Stats shmats! I'll take the intangibles over them any day.

Can you measure a Hamza tackle? What about Albrighton's heart or Vardy's balls? 

No, I didn't think so!

You probably could measure Vardy's balls.   If you really wanted to.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Juve fans are gutted they've sold Kean, Milan fans are delighted they've got 17m for Cutrone.

From what i've seen.

Not sure if you're on a wind-up here, but most Milan fans didn't want him sold,  and can't understand why they didn't get more money for him. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/thrown-wolves-ac-milan-fans-16655060.amp

Edited by The Bear

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's making all the noises that suggest he wants out. This isn't a single season thing and he's been pissed on this type of thing for a while now. Wouldn't be surprised if he left at any point tbh.

Man Utd should have gone all out to get him .

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Especially after the final defeat. Promise him huge funds and freedom in the market and they'd have got him

Maybe... United don’t have huge funds? 

They’re top heavy on wages and don’t have Champions League income at the moment - and isn’t there still a debt to service from the takeover? 

Could further explain why they haven’t paid the money for Maguire.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Vardy’s xG per game is about 0.6 off the top of my head. He’s on course for another 20 goal season 

Since Rodgers has come in, the service has been much better. With Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, Ricardo supplying him he should bag over 15 at least.

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Maybe... United don’t have huge funds? 

They’re top heavy on wages and don’t have Champions League income at the moment - and isn’t there still a debt to service from the takeover? 

Could further explain why they haven’t paid the money for Maguire.

They spaffed £70mill on 2 players, I'd be hugely shocked if they were penny pinching 

Just now, Corky said:

Since Rodgers has come in, the service has been much better. With Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, Ricardo supplying him he should bag over 15 at least.

If he can score ~30 goals in ~60 games under Puel it’s not out of the question he could get over 25 next season. He really is an elite striker.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe, but sometimes the top sides make rash decisions mid season and although interim managers then usually take over I could envisage a few of the top 6 needing a new manager in the next season and he will do well for us this season.

I’d be amazed if Rodgers would eject himself at all this season. 

He’ll know leaving within a year / without a full season looks bad, plus I’m sure he feels he has a great project underway here. 

You might point to his departure from Celtic as a counterpoint, but that was a different scenario.

I don’t see him leaving this or next season - it’ll be the third, after we’ve won the FA Cup and had an amazing run to the Europa League Final that he moves on... to Real Madrid! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They spaffed £70mill on 2 players, I'd be hugely shocked if they were penny pinching 

No doubt James is going to be a decent player - but that is at the bargain basement level of fees these days.

And we don’t fully know how the WBS deal payments have been structured.

Ultimately the owners are looking to make a regular profit from the club, so it’s not a money no object situation.

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

No doubt James is going to be a decent player - but that is at the bargain basement level of fees these days.

And we don’t fully know how the WBS deal payments have been structured.

Ultimately the owners are looking to make a regular profit from the club, so it’s not a money no object situation.

Of course it's not a money no object, but suggesting they don't have money to spend is a different thing. 

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I’d be amazed if Rodgers would eject himself at all this season. 

He’ll know leaving within a year / without a full season looks bad, plus I’m sure he feels he has a great project underway here. 

You might point to his departure from Celtic as a counterpoint, but that was a different scenario.

I don’t see him leaving this or next season - it’ll be the third, after we’ve won the FA Cup and had an amazing run to the Europa League Final that he moves on... to Real Madrid! 

Real Madrid. Please no.

Maybe I'm wrong. He seems like a guy with his feet in the here and now. Always looking to build something special until you give him a reason to look elsewhere. Like Celtic.

Villa having spent  £133 million is a big gamble, a complete overhaul isn't always what you need to stay up and as Fulham showed it can be disastrous.

Sheffield United haven't spent too much but that seems to be on a player or two and you wonder if they've added enough depth to the squad to cope. Same goes with Norwich who have spent basically nothing.

It'll be interesting to see how all 3 cope in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if all went down again. 

• Like 2