Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How come the Community Shield this year is Liverpool vs Man City?

Why were runners-up in the league chosen over runners-up in the FA cup?

If a team wins both it always goes to runner up in league instead. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Yeah in the 60s? 

71 it seems and Arsenal not Spurs, I thought it was the 60s after the Spurs double.

Apparently Arsenal were on a pre-season tour that clashed meaning that we played Liverpool instead at Filbert Street. Didn't realise Arsenal were the original club to turn their back on domestic football, United got so much stick for the FA Cup drama after their CL win. I suppose the Charity Shield isn't half as big as the FA Cup, but still! 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

very poor body language... he is being shafted by Levy... he should have got out by now... we have seen peak spurs...

His standing might improve if he actually won something. There is a massive hole in the middle of that club where its heart and soul should be 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm then it does sound weird as it should go to the FA cup runners up. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Community_Shield

Made me question myself if I'd made up Man City winning both there! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If a team wins both it always goes to runner up in league instead. 

Is there a reason or just something that's just what they do?

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How come the Community Shield this year is Liverpool vs Man City?

Why were runners-up in the league chosen over runners-up in the FA cup?

Hmm... I wonder why the Premier League would want Liverpool and Man City to play each other instead of Man City and Watford...

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size

Nah, still drawing a blank here.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hmm... I wonder why the Premier League would want Liverpool and Man City to play each other instead of Man City and Watford...

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size

Nah, still drawing a blank here.

Getting warmed up aren't you? :fc:

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's making all the noises that suggest he wants out. This isn't a single season thing and he's been pissed on this type of thing for a while now. Wouldn't be surprised if he left at any point tbh.

I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later. Getting far, far too ahead of myself here I know but I've already envisaged this scenario where their top target to replace him is Rodgers. At least if it was soon it probably wouldn't be.

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later. Getting far, far too ahead of myself here I know but I've already envisaged this scenario where their top target to replace him is Rodgers. At least if it was soon it probably wouldn't be.

You need to get off of that crack pipe Kemosabe;). I remember Rodgers saying at Liverpool something to the effect of 'why would i destroy my career' by going there.

Granted that was in the days of Levy bringing in a new manager every 6 months. Rodgers is not going to Spurs to give up the opportunity he has here.

'Ambition' is not loving what you do only to discard a challenge by taking up another job for a few dollars more. With Levy of all people?

Rodgers is being backed here. He has the passion to be the best. Hungry for the challenge Leicester City brings. You really think this is just another job for him?

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

pochettino is such a massive cu nt 

He's pretty comparable to Mourinho in his demeanour to be honest, he just gets a free pass because he's at a media darling club and they're getting results playing decent stuff. Doesn't change the fact that he's a miserable sod with all the personality of a cup of tepid tea. :fishing:

3 hours ago, David Guiza said:

71 it seems and Arsenal not Spurs, I thought it was the 60s after the Spurs double.

Apparently Arsenal were on a pre-season tour that clashed meaning that we played Liverpool instead at Filbert Street. Didn't realise Arsenal were the original club to turn their back on domestic football, United got so much stick for the FA Cup drama after their CL win. I suppose the Charity Shield isn't half as big as the FA Cup, but still! 

We were invited as Second Division champions as opposed to FA Cup Runners-Up. 

More should be made of the game as the Spanish Super Cup is. Possibly play at somewhere like the Millennium Stadium to make sure fans of the big clubs have a variety. Make a thing about it kicking the season off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

You need to get off of that crack pipe Kemosabe;). I remember Rodgers saying at Liverpool something to the effect of 'why would i destroy my career' by going there.

Granted that was in the days of Levy bringing in a new manager every 6 months. Rodgers is not going to Spurs to give up the opportunity he has here.

'Ambition' is not loving what you do only to discard a challenge by taking up another job for a few dollars more. With Levy of all people?

Rodgers is being backed here. He has the passion to be the best. Hungry for the challenge Leicester City brings. You really think this is just another job for him?

He will drop us like a bad habit the second something slightly bigger comes along.

• Like 1

Uh oh, this will rattle a lot of people on here :ph34r:

https://sport.bt.com/the-script/the-script-how-leicester-2019/20-premier-league-season-will-pan-out-according-to-google-opta-and-squawka-S11364379125335

Just seen this a few pages back but meh, have another look. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

He will drop us like a bad habit the second something slightly bigger comes along.

Yep.

Can't believe people still don't see that, Rodgers is here to do a good job and then get himself of the biggest jobs going.

Just now, MattP said:

Yep.

Can't believe people still don't see that, Rodgers is here to do a good job and then get himself of the biggest jobs going.

If he wants a gig at the top 6 then I think he'll have to have us comfortably in the top 7 and into the latter stages of the Europa League.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Uh oh, this will rattle a lot of people on here :ph34r:

https://sport.bt.com/the-script/the-script-how-leicester-2019/20-premier-league-season-will-pan-out-according-to-google-opta-and-squawka-S11364379125335

Just seen this a few pages back but meh, have another look. 

Vardy to only get 10 goals with all thr extra service he'll be getting and the change to a more positive style. Be amazed if he's not in the high teens again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's making all the noises that suggest he wants out. This isn't a single season thing and he's been pissed on this type of thing for a while now. Wouldn't be surprised if he left at any point tbh.

Probably around October when OGS gets the Spanish archer from Yanited