Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

said before the wolves game that we just need to win a fu cking match. the fact we still haven't has now landed us right in the shit. i think we have one more chance, tomorrow, or it's done. 

I bet you like toast...at least you know where you are with toast...

when its brown its done,when its black its buggered....

I reckon,when  Nobody is looking,we can Let ourselves Pop out of the toaster,and give ourselves a quick scrape while still warm,

then we can still Butter ourselves up..!!

If we are Lucky Enjoy a topping of CL Jam :P

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Never like you to be pessimistic though is it mate?

Well it’s the predicaments we get ourselves in isn’t it.

It seems like a lot woke up and joined in now though instead of burying their heads in the sand like a month or 2 ago.

Even though I used the word pessimistic I wouldn’t actually call it that, I’d call it realism and actually seeing things for what they are. People have trouble being honest with themselves though and would rather make excuses until they really have to.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

There were plenty of know nowts on here cheering on our CL rivals against Liverpool and Man City in the last couple of months who were too fixed on second place and were prepared to lose a CL spot to get it when in reality the risk/reward dictates finishing 2nd ahead of 3rd has minimal benefits whilst finishing 5th instead of 4th is a catastrophe for the club.

Still boggles my mind that people wanted United/Spurs/Wolves to beat Man City and Liverpool. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If it's any consolation Manchester United have been better against the 'good' sides all season. It's largely the dross they've struggled against.

This isn't the case anymore though, is it? Fernandes was their missing piece and they're racking quite the amount of points at the moment.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, ozleicester said:

How is it that, a so called expert pundit doesnt know about the changes to the drop ball rules

It's like getting an electrician in who has no idea how to wire a plug. For all the money they get, they should be all over the basics.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

This isn't the case anymore though, is it? Fernandes was their missing piece and they're racking quite the amount of points at the moment.

Not totally sold yet but this could be the case.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Well done Leicester. Couldn't have been a better time to hit your stride again than against those chumps. 

Villa's next four games:

Chelsea A

Wolves H

Liverpool A

Man Utd H

Let's hope for four identical scorelines! 

Plus they've got Sheffield United and Arsenal, then throw in the likes of Everton away and Palace at home. They're gone, especially after the last two league games. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Well done Leicester. Couldn't have been a better time to hit your stride again than against those chumps. 

Villa's next four games:

Chelsea A

Wolves H

Liverpool A

Man Utd H

Let's hope for four more identical scorelines to tonight. 

Couldnt agree more, orrible team

Relevant fixtures for the next week:

Man City vs. Arsenal

Brighton vs. Arsenal

Man City vs. Burnley

Newcastle vs. Sheff Utd

Villa vs. Chelsea

WHU vs. Wolves

Spurs vs. United

If we can get a win on Saturday we'll be miles ahead come 3pm. It would be nice at least one of Sheff Utd, Man Utd, Chelsea or Wolves would drop points.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2020 at 19:03, Fightforever said:

**** me I am a bipolar twat at times but I still don't see it happening if we lose to aston villa.

You alright tonight mate? Thinking about what to moan about?:chant:

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

You alright tonight mate? Thinking about what to moan about?:chant:

They also should have won by 7 not 4 and albrighton can't finish we are gonna lose all our remaining games get relegated then die of coronavirus.

Any questions?

Edited by Fightforever
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Villa's next four games:

Chelsea A

Wolves H

Liverpool A

Man Utd H

Easy 3 nil win for villa that...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, pds said:

If I'm honest I hope Villa win every one of those matches!

ditto

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Oh and Mings really does ming. He's shite. God knows how he gets a game for England. 

He's got to be the most over-rated player in the league. Cannot get the fuss over him whatsoever.

Ndombele did not make a single sprint during his 45 minutes on the pitch

Just seen this on Sky Sports... if this was a Leicester player they would be crucified! 60m record signing, but hasn't completed 90 minutes once, made zero sprints, interception attempts and tackles in 45 minutes for Spurs at the weekend. 

All sorts of crazy because when he was at Lyon he looked like the next great French central midfielder. On the ball he is very good indeed.

Even though we have had a bad patch recently, I respect the work ethic in our team. Nacho was off form last night but he still chased down and worked hard for the team. Ditto Chilwell, Tielemans and all other players who have dipped performance levels of late. Teamwork and workrate are very important... it's no surprise that the key player missing in Liverpool's recent defeats is Jordan Henderson. Not the most technical player, but the heartbeat of their team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

Villa's next four games:

Chelsea A

Wolves H

Liverpool A

Man Utd H

Would much prefer Villa got a result at Chelsea, Man Utd and (sorry @The Bear) Wolves. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1