Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We could all see it wouldn’t work out, was never getting in that Chelsea midfield, and actually wasn’t playing that well for us just before he went. 

Perhaps he really believed that he could rekindle the Premier League winning dream midfield with NG. Or it could have been a dream Bank balance that was of more interest. 

Or even that he was no longer getting on with his LCFC team mates and felt he had to move on. 

So much goes on that we don't know about. 

After 2015/16 Drinkwater is a player I could never wish any ill will. He had some great moments for us.

I’m sure Pearson said he was a: “complex character” and he has probably not reacted well to his career going backwards. 

It was clearly a mistake to leave us and I can’t see his career recovering from here - certainly not in the short term. I hope he gets the support he needs and good advice. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 3

It's all guesswork but I got the impression after he'd "climbed Everest" with us it seemed he felt he had nothing left to prove. Always thought he used his release by United to give him that extra edge, by the time he'd moved to Chelsea it had vanished.

I find it incredible that anybody could begrudge him a move to Chelsea at the time, but I think he dropped a massive bollock with regards to leaving Simpson, Vardy, Wes et al behind if he's as fragile as it appears. Going from that to a new place, being in and out of the side, and having a more intense spotlight on him has knackered him. 

• Like 1

The guy was at the very top of his career and had just been poached by the reigning English Champions who put him on their 2nd or 3rd highest wage band.

That same club in reality only bought him to fulfil their squad's home grown quota and had no intention of ever playing him. Two years without even being able to get in the match day squad and being publicly shamed by two managers is bound to have had an affect on him. 

Yes, he's not helped himself, but the guy clearly needs help and support which he isn't getting from any of the clubs involved with him for the last few years.

Personally I hope Nigel takes him to Watford.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

That is a brutally savage and refreshingly honest assessment of where Spurs are as a team. It's great journalism, though it would pain me to no end if it was about a club I supported, regardless of how true it was.

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Was he violent and drunk before? He never came across like that before. He’s making Simpson look like an elder statesman. Sad to see his decline.

Probably got an issue given everything that's happened to him since he left here.

People talk about mental health yet laugh at stuff like this. Sad to see when a footballer goes this way, especially a player who was key for us.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Guesty said:

They're going to cancel today's game and then let them play at the weekend without testing anyone? Doesn't really make much sense to not test the Arsenal players if they're that worried.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51834736

Friday is two weeks since they had contact. if no one is ill by Friday then no one has it if anyone at asrenal has symptoms by Friday then their sat game will be called off and testing will begin!

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think this is just the end of his woes. I think it's probably pretty likely he has numerous mental health issues and his downturn is only going to get worse. I honestly think he needs an intervention and real help, because I can only see things getting worse and worse.

Someone mentioned Nigel Pearson helping him out which would be ideal for him, but I think he may need more extreme help than that and needs time out of the game like Leigh Griffths for Celtic. I've got friends with mental health problems myself and there are so many familiar signs I see in Drinkwater... even just when the camera panned to him on the bench he didn't seem "all there." Forget football for a second, I think he has real issues that need sorting out.

So sad, he was one of my favourite players for a time with us.

Thats what he's been doing:ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Friday is two weeks since they had contact. if no one is ill by Friday then no one has it if anyone at asrenal has symptoms by Friday then their sat game will be called off and testing will begin!

Yeah I understand that. But isn't it just better to test everyone concerned instead of cancelling a match with less than 24 hours notice.

They played West Ham a few days ago; it would be good for them to know as soon as possible. 

They've already managed to test all the Forest players and staff.

3 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Yeah I understand that. But isn't it just better to test everyone concerned instead of cancelling a match with less than 24 hours notice.

They played West Ham a few days ago; it would be good for them to know as soon as possible. 

They've already managed to test all the Forest players and staff.

Tests aren't 100% accurate especially in the early stages.

Sad for Drinkwater to have fallen so badly.

Wouldn't have much reason to hold the Chelsea move against him. 

It's probably worse for him that he is more or less finished considering how well he did to rebuild and reach the peak he did with us.

Others sometimes look at Vardy and Kasper and might say they could have moved on to another club but you get the impression that they knew they were in a good place and happy with what they have. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Man Utd looking to inflate the transfer market by spending 50m on a kid and then getting upset when we don't accept a 60m bid for Maddison lol I really hope they do get Bellingham for stupid money

This is a problem that they have made for them selves now most teams in the prem and even in the championship don’t have to sell unless they really want to now they have to throw big money at teams. Never seen this Bellingham play but if I was him and Dortmund are Interested I would go there at the minute as they are doing well with the young players they are getting in where as Utd would probably ruin him play him for 4 games play crap and then you will see him on loan for the next 7 years 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Probably got an issue given everything that's happened to him since he left here.

People talk about mental health yet laugh at stuff like this. Sad to see when a footballer goes this way, especially a player who was key for us.

But where do you draw the line with mental health, if that is even the reason he is acting this way?

I'd imagine a large number of the prison population have some kind of mental health problem, it's not always an excuse for someone's behaviour and shouldn't just be dismissed because 'he's a footballer'.

He's out of order and his actions have been for a while by the looks of it. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

But where do you draw the line with mental health, if that is even the reason he is acting this way?

I'd imagine a large number of the prison population have some kind of mental health problem, it's not always an excuse for someone's behaviour and shouldn't just be dismissed because 'he's a footballer'.

He's out of order and his actions have been for a while by the looks of it. 

I don't know because personally I don't talk about it but he's obviously got some sort of issue.

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Man Utd looking to inflate the transfer market by spending 50m on a kid and then getting upset when we don't accept a 60m bid for Maddison lol I really hope they do get Bellingham for stupid money

If you keep going on about how huge your revenue streams are and the size of the brand, don't complain when other clubs want some of that money.