Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Relevant fixtures for the next week:

Man City vs. Arsenal

Brighton vs. Arsenal

Man City vs. Burnley

Newcastle vs. Sheff Utd

Villa vs. Chelsea

WHU vs. Wolves

Spurs vs. United

If we can get a win on Saturday we'll be miles ahead come 3pm. It would be nice at least one of Sheff Utd, Man Utd, Chelsea or Wolves would drop points.

Ideal results for me would be Man U draw at best, Chelsea lose, and Sheff Utd and Wolves win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Ideal results for me would be Man U draw at best, Chelsea lose, and Sheff Utd and Wolves win.

Spurs winning would be ok they'd still be behind Man U.

Sheff Utd are potentially nearer to us than Man U as they have a game in hand and Newcastle are relatively safe being 8 pts clear of relegation.

i'd still prefer Wolves to lose WHU still have plenty of games left to lose.

52 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Reina certainly made a sprint towards Barnes was shit on a shovel 😀

Smith has made a huge error over his keeper choices. Nyland has done nothing wrong when called on, and Reina has at times been rash and unreliable. It's like he's picking the name over form, unless Reina signed a contract that insisted he played when available. If that's the case Villa have been even more stupid. When you're struggling to score, you've gotta be solid at the back, and I think playing Reina is making them shakier not more solid. Look at Newcastle. In the most part they don't concede too many, Dubravka has kept plenty of cleansheets and they'll stay up easily. Kind of feel the keeper choice is pushing Villa towards the drop.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Oh and Mings really does ming. He's shite. God knows how he gets a game for England. 

Agreed, if you look at England's options at centre back it's not hard to see why though, as poor as it's ever been in my lifetime.  Guys like Mings, Keane, Stones and a few others I've probably forgot, all garbage.

2 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

After 29 games of 2014/15 we were more adrift than Norwich are now :whistle:

Goes to show how ridiculous the great escape really was. 15/16 of course is the pinnacle of what we have achieved as a club, but that truly was the greatest escape so far by any club in the Premier League. We were dead and buried!

I remember during that sequence the game away to Chelsea who went onto win the title, where we took the lead and gave them a really tough game. In fact it was one of the hardest games they played that season despite winning, and it really showed how much we had improved. We really turned on the performance levels massively in that end to the season.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Goes to show how ridiculous the great escape really was. 15/16 of course is the pinnacle of what we have achieved as a club, but that truly was the greatest escape so far by any club in the Premier League. We were dead and buried!

I remember during that sequence the game away to Chelsea who went onto win the title, where we took the lead and gave them a really tough game. In fact it was one of the hardest games the played that season despite winning, and it really showed how much we had improved. We really turned on the performance levels massively in that end to the season.

Home to Chelsea!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Spurs winning would be ok they'd still be behind Man U.

Sheff Utd are potentially nearer to us than Man U as they have a game in hand and Newcastle are relatively safe being 8 pts clear of relegation.

i'd still prefer Wolves to lose WHU still have plenty of games left to lose.

Only reason I want Wolves and Sheff Utd to keep winning is so they beat man U and Chelsea to 4th/5th. We are fine as long as Man U and Chelsea keep dropping points.

Sheff Utd and Wolves won't catch us, and if they do fair play as long as we stay top 4/5.

• Like 2

my ideal final table would look something like this

Liverpool

Us

Man City

Wolves

sheff Utd

Unfortunately, with Man city likely banned from Europe and having already won the LC, it is still likely that Man utd and Spurs will scrape into Europa via 6 & 7th place

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just realised we're closer to 2nd than we are to 4th.

What was all the panic about :ph34r:

Also we are nearer to the bottom club than we are to Liverpool :unsure:

Edited by norwichfox
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ndombele did not make a single sprint during his 45 minutes on the pitch

Just seen this on Sky Sports... if this was a Leicester player they would be crucified!

On his Fighting Cock thread they can’t agree on whether to crucify Ndombele, or Mourinho, or both.

So it's back to their default setting ... trying to rip each others’ faces off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

15/16 of course is the pinnacle of what we have achieved as a club, but that truly was the greatest escape so far by any club in the Premier League. We were dead and buried!

West Ham were 10pts behind fourth bottom (Manchester City!!) with 10 to play and survived on the final day

Portsmouth were eight points from safety in 2006 with 10 to play and stayed up

Bradford were six points from safety with just five games to go in 2000 and stayed up (inc 10pts from last five games)

Fulham were six points from safety in 2008 with 10 to go and survived

We were seven points off safety with nine games left. It was a great escape but maybe not the greatest in the PL era.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

West Ham were 10pts behind fourth bottom (Manchester City!!) with 10 to play and survived on the final day

Bradford were six points from safety with just five games to go in 2000 and stayed up (inc 10pts from last five games)

We were seven points off safety with nine games left. It was a great escape but maybe not the greatest in the PL era.

They all survived by the skin of their teeth though, with a lot of those seasons being relatively low points needed for survival.

We were dead and buried, but turned it around and finished comfortably outside the relegation zone with games to spare. In 9 games we went from 7 points off safety to being 6 points clear of the drop.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

They all survived by the skin of their teeth though, with a lot of those seasons being relatively low points needed for survival.

We were dead and buried, but turned it around and finished comfortably outside the relegation zone with games to spare. In 9 games we went from 7 points off safety to being 6 points clear of the drop.

Yeah we survived with a game to go with the draw against Sunderland, and ended up finishing 14th and scoring 5 goals on the last day too. But I suppose it depends on what you mean by an escape being "great." As perhaps scoring a 94th minute equaliser ala Jimmy Glass is more exciting. But I think our turnaround is the best in PL history, and that's not even taking into account the season that followed. But I would be biased!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah we survived with a game to go with the draw against Sunderland, and ended up finishing 14th and scoring 5 goals on the last day too. But I suppose it depends on what you mean by an escape being "great." As perhaps scoring a 94th minute equaliser ala Jimmy Glass is more exciting. But I think our turnaround is the best in PL history, and that's not even taking into account the season that followed. But I would be biased!

Let's just say they were all great escapes. Maybe we've slightly overplayed ours in light of some of the others. And winning the league the following season certainly added to the narrative.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Blimey, bet your DJ sets are a right blast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Let's just say they were all great escapes. Maybe we've slightly overplayed ours in light of some of the others. And winning the league the following season certainly added to the narrative.

We set various records in our great escape though.Longest spell spent in last place.No one having 19 points at a certain point ever surviving etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

On a slightly different tangent did anybody see Sven on MNF. He agreed that our owners were right to sack him and generally was a really good listen. 

Saw that he was on but wasn't sure how insightful it was. Will give it a listen because for all people's opinions of him you can't deny he must have a treasure trove of great stories and insight to offer.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

If we're being technical, I'm pretty sure Jimmy Glass scored the winner, not the equaliser.

Oh, and here's a starter for ten... who was in the dugout for Carlisle that day, in his first managerial post? :wub: 

7 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

If we're being technical, I'm pretty sure Jimmy Glass scored the winner, not the equaliser.

Oh, and here's a starter for ten... who was in the dugout for Carlisle that day, in his first managerial post? :wub: 

I know the answer to that one!

:pearson:

• Thanks 1