Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's only natural when teams chasing us look good and we only just scraped through against a poor championship side, unless there's a complete transformation in the side I'd say he has a point 

No he hasn't. It isn't all over is it?

Yes we're out of form but we're still in the box seat. I'm not saying we're guaranteed to finish top 4, but to say it's all over, or that we have zero chance, is absolutely insane.

• Like 2

Slightly worried after Utd won that the gap is only 5 points now but with wilf and vardy hopefully back tomorrow we can get back to winning ways. Win tomorrow and on Saturday it looks a lot better for us so let’s hope the lads are up for this. Maybe now the pressure is on us again they may get back to how we played before Xmas. 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

The way we’re playing, we’ll do well to win 3 of our last 10 ffs

Well I think our form should only improve from here. The players might get that extra bite now they are coming under a bit of pressure. Vardy and Ndidi now back and we're due some goals. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What about when we were bottom of the league 5 seasons ago, not winning, losing when we could have drawn, in poor form - what happened after that? Escaped relegation with a game to spare, finishing the season in 14th.

People saying 'we don't deserve Europe', 'we'll finish 7th', 'guaranteed to lose out' etc etc is fvcking boring now.

We're 3rd. Even if we lose tomorrow, we're still 3rd. There's more than enough games to get enough points to qualify for Europe while other teams around us take points off each other. 

Until it's mathematically impossible to qualify/not qualify for CL, we are still in within a shot and I have faith in the manager & players to turn it around. We, as 'fans', need to get behind the squad and show them we still believe in them. If not before now, then starting tomorrow.

/birchtalk.

Your last paragraph, is Spot on....this is wants it is all about for me even After 66 years, of frustration,trauma ,

tears of joy( no tears for relegation or those Dark moments),excitement,extasy,gobsmacked shocks on both sides of positive & negatives,the Jagged Never smooth twists and turns..

but no matter what !!! during the individual season campaigns, you Take your Team hold it Close to your Heart then support & encourage,not only the

Great performances & periods (thats easy!!!) But also through your own frustrating,doubtfull moments at your Teams low moments...

Today supporters have forgot the word,I understand accept the critic,Bit will Never understand the consistent henpecking,bordering on hate campaigns,that

continually demean individual players,or managers ,especially on the individuals Learning Phase of their still Short careers,or First seasons.

We are still developing,we have jumped into the Top 4....but We call football entertaining,so for me life is about being allowed to enjoy the ups und downs,und

Not fear those twists n turns,take both sides of karma,with the same Pinch of Salt attitude....

The experience of recognising other peoples strife,success,achievements,and looking for und Chasing the negatives,is singularly selfish und egoistisch when looking for points of blame.    People Take in apprenticeships,gather their qualifications,but its After those years the actual serious Learning begins...

Sports People Learning Curve is more dramatic,they have a Shorter period to Cover those Learning curves...and prove their delivery of value...!!!

Our present  young guns,that have taken us up that extra notch in quality are under 23,actually in their First Real season....

Its The Mix with the old heads,where with also a new manager thats given us a bite and View of what a potential future of competing for a Top 4 would be like.

The moaners were Happy and gagging just for Top 6....

Our lads have to prove,to is and themselves,not if they have the footballing skills,but now, and more than ever in our history the mental discipline Skill set,that is needed to Complete the season on a high...

I actually Think on this forum,some fans just have neither the undertanding but more importantly the balls,to last at a Top competetive level....

They themselves are worse than any players,manager,und Team selections,they OTT consistently criticise ....

Then some cant Take life,and start to make up Silly conspiracy theories....

Manutd,Spurs,L'pool,Arsenal  have within their clubs a hard earned tradition of a certain amount of long Term success,they have an Ethos and character cemented to continually hold those hights withinside their walls...

We are at the beginning of a journey,still stuttering to see if we can Build an era,where we can Stand up and against These Top clubs...

We might Not succeed,but our present owners have at least given us those first......glimpses,chances,steps in realising the possible potential...

Therefore IMO we should Not be looking at or for every chance to put our team,players,manager down,or Demean their attempts....und Chase the Blame-factor in errors und Slip ups....(ie...Ricardo,Soyu,Evans First games)

This Club has taken on that serious Challenge of targetting the higher echolons ,obviously there will be dips and the hights,...I would Love to see more support

und encouragement of Any Player wearing our badge over the whitewash..

.Instead of waiting up every fking day and reading "News of the World" style trashing of someone or something LCFC,from so called supporters...!!! :P

Old fashioned,thats my trouble...

3 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Chance to catch Man City. Thanks United! :bounce::pearson::banana::schmike::filbert_2:

1 hour ago, Matt said:

And to think people were getting mocked for being concerned a month/month and a half ago.

How dare they be so pessimisitic?! So critical?! Not make excuses for poor results and performances.

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Image result for not sure if serious gif

We did the ' Great escape'... Now lets Rally for the.  'Great chase'

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Never like you to be pessimistic though is it mate?

It was never about being pessimistic but recognising the fact that we weren't home and hosed and that the scenario of us blowing a 14pt lead was always a possibility that far out.

Personally i'm still confident but a win tomorrow is very much welcome as we really need to settle this before the last two games of the season. 

There were plenty of know nowts on here cheering on our CL rivals against Liverpool and Man City in the last couple of months who were too fixed on second place and were prepared to lose a CL spot to get it when in reality the risk/reward dictates finishing 2nd ahead of 3rd has minimal benefits whilst finishing 5th instead of 4th is a catastrophe for the club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

said before the wolves game that we just need to win a fu cking match. the fact we still haven't has now landed us right in the shit. i think we have one more chance, tomorrow, or it's done. 

2 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

As fans we are totally invested in our club so I totally understand some of the negativity on here right now. On an emotional level, I'm fighting that feeling myself. However, the players' confidence is so low that if we transfer our anxiety to them it will create a lethal cocktail. Conversely we can play a huge part in galvanizing the players by encouraging every kick, starting against Villa. Let's do everything we can to drag this inexperienced team over the line! 

Nice thought but our fans aren't great at proactively making a difference.

Don't get me wrong, we create a comparatively good atmosphere when things are going well. But when they're not, we're a nervous, quiet, fickle bunch.

If we come out the blocks, get a goal and generally perform well, the resulting atmosphere should see us over the line.

Start in the cagey fashion that we have done of late and expect to hear a pin drop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

said before the wolves game that we just need to win a fu cking match. the fact we still haven't has now landed us right in the shit. i think we have one more chance, tomorrow, or it's done. 

It won't be done though will it. 

We really could do with the win, but it won't be 'done' if we don't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It won't be done though will it. 

We really could do with the win, but it won't be 'done' if we don't.

if you are still confident then that's cool, i'm just looking at it from how i see it. don't really like all these "AM I ALLOWED TO PANIC NOW" posts, but like i said, i said similar a month ago and did get told we were fine because we'd immediately start winning again once we played teams nearer the bottom of the league, but that's not how football works. a win tomorrow and i think we win 3 or 4 of our next 6 because the pressure eases, the confidence comes back a bit and it'll all be ok. a loss and what little confidence we have left completely disappears and the pressure increases ten fold. 

i just can't see where we get the 10-12 points needed if we don't get most of them in the next 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, srex9 said:

Calm all. It's still in our hands. Bear in mind City were awful today and Man U won't win every game from now until the end of the season. We are still in the driving seat. Win tomorrow and it's back to 8 points.

Think that's what worries me most lol 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

if you are still confident then that's cool, i'm just looking at it from how i see it. don't really like all these "AM I ALLOWED TO PANIC NOW" posts, but like i said, i said similar a month ago and did get told we were fine because we'd immediately start winning again once we played teams nearer the bottom of the league, but that's not how football works. a win tomorrow and i think we win 3 or 4 of our next 6 because the pressure eases, the confidence comes back a bit and it'll all be ok. a loss and what little confidence we have left completely disappears and the pressure increases ten fold. 

i just can't see where we get the 10-12 points needed if we don't get most of them in the next 4 weeks. 

Exciting...innit..:celebrate:...:chant:

• Haha 2

The way I see it is that united will not get more than 20 points from their remaining games and therefore we need 15 points from our remaining games to guarantee us CL football assuming 5th doesn't get us that. 

5 more wins from 10 more games, all of which on paper are winnable. I'm not worried yet, but we do need to start to put a run together.