Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fuchs signs for one more year!

14 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Great news for us but I bet that was one uncomfortable phone call to the missus. 

I somewhat doubt he's gone and signed a contract then rang his missus up and gone "oh btw love"  lol I imagine he's discussed his future with her at length.

I know his plan was going to play in the MLS but it's not really as simple as just leaving Leicester and walking straight into the MLS club of choosing. He's been allowed to talk to foreign clubs for months 

Anyway on topic will be 33 for the majority of next season so far from over the hill very steady backup/rotation player to have about. Possibly even into 2021 if he legs don't go and he wants another year.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I somewhat doubt he's gone and signed a contract then rang his missus up and gone "oh btw love"  lol I imagine he's discussed his future with her at length.

I know his plan was going to play in the MLS but it's not really as simple as just leaving Leicester and walking straight into the MLS club of choosing. He's been allowed to talk to foreign clubs for months 

Yep. Unless he goes to the MLS as one of the 3 designated players it would be a serious reduction in wages to sub 5k.

I imagine there isn't much interest in him as one of those players so another year here picking up 50k a week is a no brainer. 

Happy either way to be honest. With Luke Thomas and Calvin Ughelumba well thought of in the academy the ideal situation would be for Fuchs to hold the fort as Chilwell's understudy for one more year and one of these lads stepping up next season. 

In an ideal situation you don't want to be spending good money on a player who is just coming to be cover. 

Edited by Gerard

Wasn't expecting this. Perhaps his NY plans didn't work out or he's delaying it til next year. Perhaps Brendan's given him some assurances he'll feature in cup games? Or is looking to go in to coaching/doing some courses here with us?

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wasn't expecting this. Perhaps his NY plans didn't work out or he's delaying it til next year. Perhaps Brendan's given him some assurances he'll feature in cup games? Or is looking to go in to coaching/doing some courses here with us?

I imagine this is the reason tbh: 

Unless he goes to the MLS as one of the 3 designated players it would be a serious reduction in wages to sub 5k.

I imagine there isn't much interest in him as one of those players so another year here picking up 50k a week is a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

He must really hate New York.

Had a row with wife & kids over shopping allowance,spending money & couldn't agree the size of the swimming pool,compared to the new kitchen...:)