Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fuchs signs for one more year!

So pleased with this news. It was always made clear that it was his decision to leave at the end of his contract so Brendan/the club have obviously come up with a plan and deal that has persuaded him to stay on.  I think this is a great move and solid business. a well liked and influential member of the dressing room, an experienced head to help guide and bring on some of the youngsters and above all a model pro who has never winged moaned or thrown his toys out of the pram.  As mentioned earlier, now he has his academy thing up and running I suspect that part of the deal is that he will be given mentoring and time to study for his coaching badges in return for staying as a more than able back up, and thereby probably saving the club £10+Ms in recruiting a replacement in the short term (The way that the current thinking at the club is going this also makes me think that there may be another gem lurking in the academy that may well be ready to step up in the next year or so)

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 22:34, weller54 said:

Think he's secretly seeing Suzie the Fox so he's obviously reluctant to go back? 

Who could blame him then?  And if true, his stamina and fitness levels will surpass anything our Sports Science Team has ever recorded.

• Haha 1

Happy for Fuchs to stay another year, but surely this just confirms Chilwell's departure, I hope I'm wrong but the club wouldn't want to enter a transfer window without a senior LB in the squad. Just hoping if this is the case we already have someone lined up. 

34 minutes ago, 1884Foxes said:

Happy for Fuchs to stay another year, but surely this just confirms Chilwell's departure, I hope I'm wrong but the club wouldn't want to enter a transfer window without a senior LB in the squad. Just hoping if this is the case we already have someone lined up. 

Take it you haven’t watched Fuchs “I am staying” video! :)

I think he truly and genuinely loves us :wub:

One of those cult heroes who just has that kind of mutual positive connection with the fans

The former Austria national team captain and Premier League title-winner committed to extending his spell at King Power Stadium into a fifth season on Wednesday.

Fuchs, who has made 188 appearances for the Foxes across four competitions, including the UEFA Champions League, spoke passionately about the Foxes' 2019/20 ambitions.

Under Rodgers, Leicester City are building a vibrant, youthful and talented first team squad with the intention of challenging towards the top of the Premier League table.

While 33-year-old Fuchs admits that his career is in its twilight stages, he is nonetheless excited by the role he can still have at King Power Stadium over the coming 12 months. 

Speaking to LCFC TV this week, he explained: "I’m very happy to be here for another year. I know I’ve expressed my wish to go to America several times, but you know what?

"Everything we have experienced in these last couple of years, with all the ups and downs… all the way up, all the way down, it just brings us together.

"Not only the players, but the staff, the coaching staff [and] the manager... we're much closer together. I didn’t want to miss out on that yet!

"Also with Brendan coming in and expressing his satisfaction with me and saying that he wants to keep working with me obviously meant a lot to me as well.

"I can tell that, even though I’m already one of the older ones, I can still learn from him and that’s something that I don’t want to miss out [on]."

With Ben Chilwell impressing at left-back for the Foxes, Fuchs hopes to continue helping the Academy graduate and England international progress his career even further.

Combined with his proven ability to perform at the highest level when called upon, the Neunkirchen-born defender says there is a clear purpose for him at the Club next year.

The reaction of the fans, meanwhile, has also delighted Fuchs and he says that their continued backing has always been a source of personal motivation since he joined the Club in 2015.

"It’s special, very special," he continued. "Not only the reaction after it was announced, but also before... the people were sending me letters, pushing me to sign for another year!

"It clearly wasn’t their decision, but it’s nice to see the support. Also with the Goal of the Season award that I got [from] the supporters... as a defender, it means a lot to see how appreciated I am.

"I’m not in the same position anymore, but I understand that Chilly (Chilwell) is playing a really good season, that he’s the future of Leicester, and that’s also where I see my role.

"That’s what Brendan expressed, that whenever there’s a need I’ll be there. I’ll be here to support the team as much as a I can and support Chilly in his development as well.

"I can’t tell you how happy that I am that I have another year here."

While the popular title-winner admits it may still take time for the achievements of 2016 to settle in, he also outlined the enthusiasm which is felt among the first team squad concerning their future potential. 

"[Winning the title] has a lasting effect on the Club because it is building step-by-step," he continued. "Every year it’s getting better, and I think there’s a really good opportunity to challenge.

"The way we’ve played lately, the character that we’ve shown, and also the good football that we’ve played - against bigger teams as well - that shows there’s real potential.

"If we can nurture that and have a good pre-season now to the upcoming year, I think there’s a lot possible."

• Sad 2

• 3 months later...

Such a talented footballer. OK he hasnt the pace but was aggressive at times, his positioning was great and that wand of a left foot can do great things! Im delighted he stayed on because he seems like a great fun character and I dont mind the prem winners staying on as long as possible to pass on that winners mentality to the younger lads.

15 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

looked completely fu cked first half but somehow turned into prime roberto carlos second half 

This. First half was an embarrassment yesterday but he really pulled it together in the second. That little drag back to get us on the counter was lovely.