Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

fa cup is a one off game though so im sure we will go full strength winning the eruopa would have seen 2 legs, travelling etc 

I hope so and pragmatism is going to look pretty stupid if we fail CL qualification. 

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

fa cup is a one off game though so im sure we will go full strength winning the eruopa would have seen 2 legs, travelling etc 

+ we have no mid week game leading up to the FA cup fixture followed by the international break. With a few players expected back over the next 2 weeks we will hopefully be in better shape by then.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not really - they're just knackered.

Oh agreed sir. However we have a significant number amongst us here who fervently believe that we should have exerted every sinew in pursuit of the EL. If we drop off a physical cliff then I doubt levels of understanding will be very high. 

I would prefer us to win the FA Cup as it is the missing domestic trophy. 

However CL qualification may mean better future progression and less imperative to sell our Crown Jewels - even one of them. 

I am hopeful, but as others have said, far more eloquently than I, da next free games are make or facking break, innit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh agreed sir. However we have a significant number amongst us here who fervently believe that we should have exerted every sinew in pursuit of the EL. If we drop off a physical cliff then I doubt levels of understanding will be very high. 

However CL qualification may mean better future progression and less imperative to sell our Crown Jewels - even one of them. 

I am hopeful, but as others have said, far more eloquently than I, da next free games are make or facking break, innit. 

Totes.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Watching Chelsea United at the weekend....Maguire, Chilwell, Kante, all in action £160 million incoming, and we are still third........it is amazing....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Watching Chelsea United at the weekend....Maguire, Chilwell, Kante, all in action £160 million incoming, and we are still third........it is amazing....

Also bearing in mind that Ngolo was practically stolen from us.

It could have been over £200 million.

23 minutes ago, Buce said:

Also bearing in mind that Ngolo was practically stolen from us.

You know I love you Buce, but this canard is one of the most inaccurate on FT, and it is oft repeated. £32m equates to 'practically stolen'? Hyperbole on coke after several whisky chasers.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You know I love you Buce, but this canard is one of the most inaccurate on FT, and it is oft repeated. £32m equates to 'practically stolen'? Hyperbole on coke after several whisky chasers.

Bless you, Peaky, but that puts you in a very select group... lol

How much do you think he would have fetched without the clause in his contract?

42 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ordinarily we wouldn't have sold for less than £50 million. Chelsea got a bargain. Of course this is all relatively speaking.

Fortunately our stance has hardened and we're now getting great fees for our big players.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Bless you, Peaky, but that puts you in a very select group... lol

How much do you think he would have fetched without the clause in his contract?

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Ordinarily we wouldn't have sold for less than £50 million. Chelsea got a bargain. Of course this is all relatively speaking.

Fortunately our stance has hardened and we're now getting great fees for our big players.

Exactly - they got a bargain. That's very far from 'stolen' :) 

As for being of a minority opinion, nobody should ever be afraid of that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Exactly - they got a bargain. That's very far from 'stolen' :) 

Semantics, Peaky.

If one is forced unwillingly to part with something for less than its value, I think one has the right to feel 'robbed'.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Semantics, Peaky.

If one is forced unwillingly to part with something for less than its value, I think one has the right to feel 'robbed'.

Not if one set a too low release clause... listen we sold then Drinkwater for more ffs, swings and roundabouts.

On 01/03/2021 at 22:44, fox in the sox said:

What’s the point of keep getting in the Europa League if we can’t cope with it?

In a non condensed, non Covid season where two thirds of the squad have been injured, we'd probably cope fine. And the more often we can qualify for Europe, the better quality of signing we can attract. Which enables us to rotate more and then compete more aggressively in all competitions. 

Unfortunately, this season our situation means it's been very difficult. 

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/03/2021 at 12:15, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Barring a catastrophic collapse, like last season, I would still be happy with 5th or 6th.  For a club like ours it has proved to be quite detrimental to have a season in the Europa but league forms suffers, so if we were to make it again that would be a great achievement.

Would love CL football and I am not being defeatist but more of a realist; we could gradually improve our squad each season.  The only problem is if we lose BR or again a major player every summer.

Do think we need to spend in the summer though. 

...we have little room to spend this coming summer!!!

If we can negotiate our way through free transfers and develop the squad then great. As for finishing 5th or 6th, just imagine if our players are thinking on those lines.

You can't afford to not look forward, for as soon as you start to expect less, you get less.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Would rather him take his time and heal properly than get back a little too quickly and potentially sabotage himself next season. I think if Maddison can come back, we should be able to cope for the time being.

Agree - the system we are playing at the moment is more reliant on either Perez or Maddison in that creative role, rather that the need for a winger. I really rate Barnes, but like you said, ease him back gently, even as an impact sub, for the last 20 minutes if things aren't going our way.

• Like 2