Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Can you imagine the state we'd have been in under previous management/recruitment with this seasons injuries!! Just shows how well we've done buying players that can play in several positions.

On another note, fortunate for the likes of JJ, Madders and Barnes that the World Cup is essentially straight after the Euros rather than the usual gap (granted it's in winter not summer) as it probably increases their chances of slotting back in. There's every chance they could have been lost of Southgate had the time to bring through the latest even younger talents than those three, before Qatar. 

I'm not saying it's a good thing but having seen the likes of Ricardo attempt to make a comeback in the midst of a fixture congested season has been fairly gutting. 

Barnes can now ramp up his recovery through the course of pre-season rather than trying to get fit and over-try (Maddison anyone?)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Real shame as would've been a great impact sub for the remaining games . Also limits our options to go back to 4 2 3 1 formation if needed

Absolutely

Leaves us as we are or going 4-2-1-3 when chasing with:

Castagne Evans Soy Thomas

Tielemans Ndidi 

Madders

Perez Nacho Vardy

(which I guess is 433 or 4123)

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Very Very sad for both him and JJ to miss the opportunity of an FA cup final, the stuff boys dreams are made of. Here's wishing them well for potential Champions League football next season to make up for it. What an exciting revelation they've both been this year. 

• Like 1

Such a shame.

The luck we've had with injuries this season is just unbelievable. Really makes what we are doing in the league and FA Cup that much better when you think about it. I wonder what we could have achieved if we'd been able to put our best team out a few times, at least.

Hope he's back for pre-season and back to his best before too long.

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Such a shame.

The luck we've had with injuries this season is just unbelievable. Really makes what we are doing in the league and FA Cup that much better when you think about it. I wonder what we could have achieved if we'd been able to put our best team out a few times, at least.

Hope he's back for pre-season and back to his best before too long.

The question is would the likes of JJ and Iheanacho been given chances? Things might have helped us a bit too. We cannot be certain that if we remained injury free that we would have done better. We'll never know but I am more than happy with where we are and doubt we could have done much better (other than in EL).

• Like 3

That's annoying but in some ways if he is back for pre-season then that's fine. This season is only a month from being done and I was fearful any return and involvement with England could cause more trouble than its worth.

We've got to try and maintain top 4 and get the FA Cup win without him, once that looked unthinkable but now is very much achievable so let's keep going.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

FFS. 

Setback FC.

Have had quite our fair share of injuries this season.

Wonder if any is to do with training schedules etc, or had a contribution towards this.

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The question is would the likes of JJ and Iheanacho been given chances? Things might have helped us a bit too. We cannot be certain that if we remained injury free that we would have done better. We'll never know but I am more than happy with where we are and doubt we could have done much better (other than in EL).

You're absolutely right. Without Barnes being injured, would Kel have even been involved recently? There are some games where you can say we'd have probably done better with one or two missing players available, but I completely agree - our squad players have deputised fantastically this season, especially in the cases of JJ and Nacho.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

You say doomed, but it's not serving us badly, is it?

It's not serving us well IMO, apart from convincing Rodgers to keep Kelechi on the pitch.  The games we're winning - CP, Southampton - aren't really the result of strong performances.  We're relying on gutting them out and Kel playing hero ball.  West Ham was dominating enough but truthfully they were so lifeless that they'd have lost to most Championship sides the way they played.

I think we're winning matches - against bad teams - in spite of the formation rather than because of it.

• Sad 2

It's bad that he's not going to be fit for the rest of the season, but hopefully having a return date pushed back might mean that he's better off in the long run.  Given his age and his pace, it would be cruel if he did something lasting to make the cup final.  Even if he was getting back to fitness, we've less than a month of the season left and he might have struggled for match fitness.  Maddison still doesn't look up to it yet since his return and he's had 2 weeks back?