Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

All very true, but instead of finding a Crystal Palace he joined a team that won the Premier League. I always felt he could have given us just one more season. He had the security of the release clause if anything went wrong.

The title winning team all get a free pass as far as I’m concerned. That’s why I’m not bothered about hanging on to every quote from Mahrez - but Kante has tarnished his legacy somewhat by jumping at the very first opportunity. It’s only the difference between being a Leicester great rather than a greatest ever, but it’s still there and still grates a little. 

Would we have landed Ndidi with Kante still in the team?

He never had any intention of hanging around, but, bloomin’ heck he was good when he was here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think the best way to get barnes in to this system is to play him in one of the 2 up top positions, it's the only place he could really play and I don't see a reason to change the system until we endure a few hiccups or personel problems then he can slot in to his natural wing position. 

Yeah this is my thinking, 20 mins at the end for either Vardy or Nacho will give us that freshness at the end of games, he may be available for 3-5 games. 

22 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think the best way to get barnes in to this system is to play him in one of the 2 up top positions, it's the only place he could really play and I don't see a reason to change the system until we endure a few hiccups or personel problems then he can slot in to his natural wing position. 

Problem with playing Barnes further forward is you tend to lose one of his great strengths and something no one else can do in the squad and thats getting the ball deep powering forward and beating players.

We're going along nicely so I don't see any reason to rush him back. Which is nearly always a mistake. 

He'll need time to regain confidence in the Knee and get up to speed also. So if he's not needed then I'd give him the time.

I'm sure he will be working hard in the GYM. But it's not quite the same as playing.

With the importance of the upcoming games, We need everyone 100 %. 

Let's just hope we have top 4 secured by May, then to give him all the game time he needs..

• Like 1

The way Vardy plays in this 3412 system he is normally operating in the forward left position, receiving the ball and trying to set up Iheanacho. Could definitely see Barnes operating similarly in that position. Then once Barnes is fully fit again we have the option to rotate systems really effectively depending on opposition/personnel. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

HB’s is going to be the biggest headache for Brendan. 

his inclusion means a change of formation. A decision on which 2 cbs to play. A decision on how to use iheanacho. 

I’ve gone from desperate to have him back, to happy to wait. Especially given what’s gone on 

• Like 2

Barnsey is going to need time to get upto his usual speed even if he is all healed up. Look at Ricardo although out much longer but its a mental thing. JJ will be the same as Ricardo when he comes back. It just takes time thats all. My guess is we won't see Barnes until the very last few games of the season and he probably won't be sprinting, dribbling or shooting anything like he was at peak pre-injury. We need to be patient with the kid and give him space to figure it all out. We are what we are now without him and JJ. Just need to play to our potential every game as a team and not look for individual brilliance to bail out poor performances.

Foxes march on! :scarf:

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

HB’s is going to be the biggest headache for Brendan. 

his inclusion means a change of formation. A decision on which 2 cbs to play. A decision on how to use iheanacho. 

I’ve gone from desperate to have him back, to happy to wait. Especially given what’s gone on 

He'll be a great option to have on the bench either way.

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Barnes still 'a number of weeks away' then. 

Not great as was hoping to have him back and up and running for the run in. 

Could miss the rest of the season? 

Back for the last 3 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Barnes still 'a number of weeks away' then. 

Not great as was hoping to have him back and up and running for the run in. 

Could miss the rest of the season? 

He won't be back will he. Might make the FA cup final and last few games, but Brendan's "few weeks" effectively rules Barnes out till mid may.

I was thinking about this earlier and wasn't sure what thread to put it in or to maybe start a new one.

Throughout the season due to our injuries, people have always said 'Will we ever get to field our strongest team' this season. Going into the game this weekend, could we potentially be playing our 'strongest team'? 

Kasper

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi 

Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy 

Iheanacho

Barnes has been arguably one of our players of the season, but in his absence we have been forced into the 5-3-2-1 / 3-4-1-2 due to our lack of depth on the wing. 

By bringing Barnes back into the side, this changes our formation back to 4-2-3-1 which forces one of Fofana, Evans or Soyuncu out the side and either Maddison or Iheanacho for another winger. 

Would Justin replace either Ricardo or Castagne? To be fair, I think he would replace Castagne based on current form. 

5 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I was thinking about this earlier and wasn't sure what thread to put it in or to maybe start a new one.

Throughout the season due to our injuries, people have always said 'Will we ever get to field our strongest team' this season. Going into the game this weekend, could we potentially be playing our 'strongest team'? 

Kasper

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi 

Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy 

Iheanacho

Barnes has been arguably one of our players of the season, but in his absence we have been forced into the 5-3-2-1 / 3-4-1-2 due to our lack of depth on the wing. 

By bringing Barnes back into the side, this changes our formation back to 4-2-3-1 which forces one of Fofana, Evans or Soyuncu out the side and either Maddison or Iheanacho for another winger. 

Would Justin replace either Ricardo or Castagne? To be fair, I think he would replace Castagne based on current form. 

we are much better with Barnes in the side, as there is bugger all pace otherwise

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

we are much better with Barnes in the side, as there is bugger all pace otherwise

I agree, opens up so much more space for Vardy too, it’s interesting that Vardy hasn’t scored and we haven’t won a penalty since Barnes has been injured. 

With Barnes in our ‘strongest side’ who from my above list would miss out as the formation would surely need to change?

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I agree, opens up so much more space for Vardy too, it’s interesting that Vardy hasn’t scored and we haven’t won a penalty since Barnes has been injured. 

With Barnes in our ‘strongest side’ who from my above list would miss out as the formation would surely need to change?

Probably Kelechi but I would take out Vardy on current form.

If Justin was available Ricardo would likely be the one to make way. His effort has been admirable but he's lost that bit of spark pre injury understandably. 

Edited by Blue ROI