Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 22/02/2021 at 17:00, Babylon said:

It's not crap, Barnes need to beat his numbers and then do it again next season. Then there is a discussion to be had. If we are making bold statement about x y z player then I'll measure it in years and not months. 

It's also relative, what would Heskey have done in this team? Let alone a 23 year old Heskey. 

And just to clarify, I've only joined this since you said "Barnes is clearly better than Heskey was and much better than Joachim." I have no idea how this started or what else has been said. 

:wasyl:

On 22/02/2021 at 20:04, Rain King said:

Heskey was brilliant for us. Maybe gets the inconsistent tag because he wasn't a prolific scorer but watch back any highlights from that time and it's staggering how many goals he was involved in.

Loved Heskey and love Barnes too!

I was too young to remember Heskley in a City shirt really but during lockdown I've watched a lot of past season reviews and there were defenders, including top defenders, that couldn't handle Heskey. 

My favourite assists of his was probably where rolled Sol Campbell, a superb defender, with ease at White Hart Lane (I think it was away) and put the ball on a place for Cottee.

As I've said before, people forget just how good players were. Not just at Leicester but in general when people try and compare players.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Absolutely necessarily, he's currently our best player and probably worth around 60m given he's English. As the man most likely to take over from Vardy as our primary offensive outlet, we've got to tie him up!

Might be worth more than that if he keeps putting the ball in the net. On his game he's a handful for anyone.

1 hour ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Might be worth more than that if he keeps putting the ball in the net. On his game he's a handful for anyone.

He will be, that's just his value now.

Barnes could be a 15 goal / 10 assist a season wide forward, and those players are some of the most highly coveted in the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester are in advanced talks over a new deal with Harvey Barnes as they look to fend off interest from a growing number of clubs.

The 23-year-old has been one of the Foxes’ star performers this season and the club want to reward his progress by bringing him into line with other top earners.

Barnes, whose side face Arsenal today, has scored 13 goals and chipped in with four assists, and become an integral part of Brendan Rodgers’ plans.

Manchester United and Liverpool have both had the midfielder watched, and Leicester want to nip speculation over his future in the bud by tying him down long term to the King Power Stadium.

The player came through the ranks at the East Midlands club and is happy there, and is ready to commit to the new deal.

His current deal has three years to run from the end of this season but does not reflect his status at the club.

Fully deserved. He’s in pole position for my player of the season at the minute. 

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Gutting news.

Bad news.

However, if the recovery time estimate is accurate, he would probably miss only about 4 league games (of course it might also take a up to a couple of weeks to shake off the rust), since we have a 2-week international break coming up.

SPEEDY RECOVERY HARVEY!! 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Gutting news.

Would take 6 weeks. It didn’t look good, right now I think 6 weeks would be an absolute result. Whilst not helping us for much of this season, it would be massive for next season and is also less risky in terms of genuine 100% recovery. I think more likely to be 3 months. I’m not an expert, but It didn’t have the hallmarks of an ACL like the others I have seen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How the hell do they know it's a six week job and needs an operation already? They already been down the hospital for a scan, or was this something they already knew about?

Maybe they've seen the injury before? There was an hour between him going off and Rodgers interview.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

How the hell do they know it's a six week job and needs an operation already? They already been down the hospital for a scan, or was this something they already knew about?

There’s no way they can know that yet surely. Good news if so though I was thinking it could be another serious one.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Sounds like it’s been hinted they knew he was a risk and has been carrying something for a few weeks. To admit that publicly is outrageous and makes me think what the **** are they playing at?

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Sounds like it’s been hinted they knew he was a risk and has been carrying something for a few weeks. To admit that publicly is outrageous and makes me think what the **** are they playing at?

Not really. Every player plays with niggles, every time they play it's a risk. 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Not really. Every player plays with niggles, every time they play it's a risk. 

I fully understand that and obviously agree to a certain extent, but they’ve been very quick to decide what needs to be done here. It makes me think that they had a feeling that he might need treatment anyway but they’ve pressed on to see how it went - and given the current injury situation at the club I think I would be taking a less risk averse strategy. Like I say, speculation and I’m just annoyed it’s happened. 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I fully understand that and obviously agree to a certain extent, but they’ve been very quick to decide what needs to be done here. It makes me think that they had a feeling that he might need treatment anyway but they’ve pressed on to see how it went - and given the current injury situation at the club I think I would be taking a less risk averse strategy. Like I say, speculation and I’m just annoyed it’s happened. 

Annoyed as well mate, I agree with you that if he was a risk you'd start on the bench and bring in later on. It's a gamble that we've lost.