Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

Take 6th and end the season now. 

No chance. All still very much to play for.

I sincerely hope the players are not as defeatist (though I do worry that they might be after what happened last season).

• Thanks 1

no idea what injury that is a "bone has come off"

"A bone in the knee has come off. He’d had niggles with it. He had a clash of knees in the game a few weeks ago so it has been irritable. Then there was a challenge on it today that made it worse.

“It’s a bad one for him and a blow for us.”"

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harvey-barnes-jonny-evans-jamie-5055647

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Maybe they've seen the injury before? There was an hour between him going off and Rodgers interview.

According to Rodgers in the post match interview it was an existing injury from knock he took in a game a few weeks ago

If a bit of his knee cap has chipped off then it will be just a case of removing it it so a small surgery. If that's all it is he is almost lucky as floating bone in the knee is so dangerous around the tendons / ligaments. 

Strange injury that though as there was no impact and didn't even look like it gave way.

Might just about have him Praet and hopefully Maddison back by mid April then.... 

I criticised Rodgers for not starting him on Thursday. Just shows how little us fans know about what is going on behind the scenes.

I had already accepted it was another ACL, so although gutted we lose him for 6weeks+, I am very relieved it wasn't a lot worse. 

Can't replace him, so Rodgers has to figure out a different way of playing, with who he has available. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am sure Rodgers said that it was something they were aware of!!!

Exactly. They knew the risk of playing him and I guess it took another direct hit and now a small op to remove the bone fragment is required. Gutted for him but wow what a season he has had 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Exactly. They knew the risk of playing him and I guess it took another direct hit and now a small op to remove the bone fragment is required. Gutted for him but wow what a season he has had 

...massive risk to take with a players career!!!

I just hope the situation was explained to him and options given to him prior to this. He has been outstanding and I believe he now believes himself that he is now the go to player in the team.

Hands down one of the worst injury situations in the league! Saying that Newcastle have had it pretty bad as have burnley and I’m sure many other teams. You only hear media reports more on Liverpool or man city because their managers moan about it. The rest of us just get back up, dust off and go again.

10 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The injury situation seems one of the worst since I started supporting the club.

Short (non existent) pre-season, compressed season if I had to guess, but as to why we are worst hit than most? Not sure about that. Just bad luck? Not interested in pointless conspiracy theories about Dave Rennie either lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what he is saying is...!!!

See, it wasn't all my fault, the decisions the manager took despite my reservations are as much a factor,  the pandemic doesn't help. 

You can make someone words meet any narrative if you try hard enough.  

• Like 3