Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

Nigeria didn't qualify.

Of our thirteen top players, 11 are available.  So the team seemingly picks itself.

However, we have some strong back up players who can make a difference.  Rodgers could go with Thomas with balance of the team in mind bit will probably settle on  Castagne on the left.  He could go with Albrighton as he energised the team but will probably hold him back as an I pact sub.  Praet is high quality but will probably start with Heidi, Tielemans and Maddiso  as they can be brilliant.

Not sure why you've quoted me, but good morning anyway!

Edited by HighPeakFox

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I honestly do understand your point and in theory it should work shouldn't it as I think we're possibly blessed with the best 3 centre halves in the Premiership for that role. However, as pundits have pointed out,  Soyuncu looks uncomfortable when continually asked to cover the left full back area which then negates his potential to get forward. Fofana less so and he's looked better but has the advantage perhaps of playing on his stronger side. At times we have been so overrun in midfield that the opportunity for our centre halves to 'overload' has been negated before it can start.

I hear you (again)  but I go back to the fact that cags has only played in a three with JE and Wes once ..... perhaps that does make a big difference ??  In a three with DA are you comfortable disappearing off up the pitch ?? You don’t - you play the safety first option of holding your space.  

we looked so good against yanited that day so I’m prepared to watch it again today 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

Nigeria didn't qualify.

Of our thirteen top players, 11 are available.  So the team seemingly picks itself.

However, we have some strong back up players who can make a difference.  Rodgers could go with Thomas with balance of the team in mind bit will probably settle on  Castagne on the left.  He could go with Albrighton as he energised the team but will probably hold him back as an I pact sub.  Praet is high quality but will probably start with Heidi, Tielemans and Maddiso  as they can be brilliant.

I love the thought of her in the CDM position 

85B91AAA-4FAC-4C42-886F-787C365EFDC5.thumb.jpeg.836e1131709ea5eaa7b3eb51077a6474.jpeg

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not sure why you've quoted me, but good morning 

Your point about tedious, recycled cliches gave me the opportunity to poi t out Nigeria didn't qualify, surely one of the most repeated assertion ever on this forum.

Good  morning to you  too.

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

So for the sake of one player missing we really have to play one formation? Do you really see Ricardo and Castagne as having played well as wing backs? In the first halves of games we've looked so susceptible to conceding and only poor finishing by opposition teams has stopped that. A solid back 4 with those same players in their best positions would stop that. If we aren't able to play different formations with what we have, how come we suddenly rise like Lazarus from the dead when Rodgers changes it on 68 minutes as he invariably does, it's a miracle!

It’s not quite as black and white as you portray it to be.

You set up a formation that amplifies your assets. At the moment, Kalechi is producing those goods, and it is obvious he has to play with a partner. Vardy is occupying the CB, so Kalechi can fill the gaps, and get into the positions where he is strongest, 6 yards out with a sight of goal. 

Our threat from the flanks tends to come from the full backs, so naturally Timmeh and Riccy can play these positions. The back three in the last two games has been weakened significantly due to not having Cags as part of that back three. 

The last two games we’ve looked poor, but I’d say that’s more to do with not having Cags available, and not the fact we’re playing a back three. There’s more to those performances that the formation. 

The difficulty is Kelch, he simply has to play, but his best work has come with Vardy as a team mate... so it ties Rodgers hands in a way. We will be starting with a back three, unless we play the diamond we did against Villa last season, now Madders is back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I hear you (again)  but I go back to the fact that cags has only played in a three with JE and Wes once ..... perhaps that does make a big difference ??  In a three with DA are you comfortable disappearing off up the pitch ?? You don’t - you play the safety first option of holding your space.  

we looked so good against yanited that day so I’m prepared to watch it again today 

You make a good point re Armarty who in fairness, despite all the criticism he gets does well for me, particularly when pushed out on an unfamiliar left of 3. On that day I would have had an extra more mobile midfielder instead. Soyuncu should make the difference and I very much want you to be right.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You set up a formation that amplifies your assets. At the moment, Kalechi is producing those goods, and it is obvious he has to play with a partner. Vardy is occupying the CB, so Kalechi can fill the gaps, and get into the positions where he is strongest, 6 yards out with a sight of goal. 

Our threat from the flanks tends to come from the full backs, so naturally Timmeh and Riccy can play these positions. The back three in the last two games has been weakened significantly due to not having Cags as part of that back three. 

The last two games we’ve looked poor, but I’d say that’s more to do with not having Cags available, and not the fact we’re playing a back three. There’s more to those performances that the formation. 

The difficulty is Kelch, he simply has to play, but his best work has come with Vardy as a team mate... so it ties Rodgers hands in a way. We will be starting with a back three, unless we play the diamond we did against Villa last season, now Madders is back.

Absolutely agree with you re Iheanacho etc, what a revelation he's been. Whatever the choice, even the 3, I just sincerely hope it goes well. 

38 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree with you re Iheanacho etc, what a revelation he's been. Whatever the choice, even the 3, I just sincerely hope it goes well. 

We shouldn’t put lipstick on a pig though .....kel and vards were toilet last Sunday until v late on when kel woke up ..... Brendan was pretty cross about kel’s poor touch which led to their third ....vards was anonymous 

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I totally agree with your point about personnel, With 3 at the back, when we get caught with our wing backs out of position, Soyuncu's pace has saved us plenty of times, we've missed him. 

There's also an excellent feature about the West ham game from Dominic Wells on twitter with diagrams and analysis showing how much we missed a number 10 with Praet dropping too deep.

So hopefully with Soyuncu and Maddison or Perez we will be better with that formation looking more like the Man U game.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We shouldn’t put lipstick on a pig though .....kel and vards were toilet last Sunday until v late on when kel woke up ..... Brendan was pretty cross about kel’s poor touch which led to their third ....vards was anonymous 

Then when he decided to set us up to attack, Kel came alive and did what he does best 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You mentioned the only two good performances we've had with it and one of those played like Burton Albion. Be honest and ask yourself how many of the other matches should we have been 2 or 3 goals down by halftime only to miraculously recover some kind of form when things got changed in the second half. Yes, the pure statistics of the table doesn't lie but it doesn't tell the full story of poor mind numbing performances and a great deal of fortune.

That is just not true mate, why lie? Man City 2 Leicester City 5, Leicester 4 Leeds 1. there's another 2 straight of the top of my head, (im sure there's plenty more If I could be bothered too research)

Mind numbing performances? If you want mind numbing you should try reading your own posts once in a while!!!

cheer up man for gods sake. The sun is shining the pub (gardens) are open for the first time in months and leicester are at Wembley. 

Up the city!!! 

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You make a good point re Armarty who in fairness, despite all the criticism he gets does well for me, particularly when pushed out on an unfamiliar left of 3. On that day I would have had an extra more mobile midfielder instead. Soyuncu should make the difference and I very much want you to be right.

Just realised that the three played together in another fixture— sheff u ...

• 2 weeks later...

Always felt the scheduled time out was ambitious for a knee injury. Hopefully able to rest now rather than trying to get back this season, and come back pre-season ready to go. I worry for someone like Barnes who relies on his running ability when it comes to recovery from knee injuries. 

• Like 2