Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

It is absolutely lazy papertalk, but for what its worth, Dunk is probably Brighton's best player, after Ryan. Wouldn't want us to buy him, but I'm not sure why there's some who think he isn't good enough for us, he is. I just heavily doubt we will seeing as the club seemed to plan for Maguire leaving last summer with Benkovic and Soyuncu.

12 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Why can't we just trust in benkovic and soyuncu?

We probably would, but dullard reporters with no clue about LCFC beyond first team regulars and who don't do their research see unlikely rumours like this as "news".

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This this and this. If we do sell Maguire (rather him stay after all this if we're going to blow half on another CB) and don't start the season with Benkovic and Soyuncu vying for Maguire's place then we can suck a dick as far as I'm concerned. Why stockpile CB's last summer otherwise? Not to mention we have Josh Knight who given time will be a PL player. 

We can hark on about this vision we think our club has but some of the decision making is erratic to say the least.

Got to be paper bollocks surely? ?

With you both on this too. I thought those two were effectively his replacements if he left. I wouldn't buy another centre half even if we sold him. Renders both of those signings a waste of money.

Don't think Dunk is bad (but not better than Maguire) but this would be stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

40 mill no thanks already got 2 brilliant CB in the soy and benk

I don't know why Soyuncu is getting such a high reputation, he hasn't featured that much and from what I've seen he's got big mistakes in him, maybe he'll improve but he's nowhere near the finished article imo

• Like 1

If we sell Maguire and go into next season with Evans, Morgan, Soyuncu and Benkovic then it's risky business.

Soyuncu has little experience of playing Premier League football, Benkovic has none. 

I'd rather get someone in who will not only strengthen us long term, but who we know can be trustworthy.

I'd personally loan out Soyuncu or give Benkovic another year at Celtic.

Then for the 20/21 season, Wes will be gone, then Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic and possibly Dunk can be our CB options.

23 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don't know why Soyuncu is getting such a high reputation, he hasn't featured that much and from what I've seen he's got big mistakes in him, maybe he'll improve but he's nowhere near the finished article imo

Its bot the high reputation but he shows a lot of potential.

A player that will only get better and better when given games.

Dunk is a great defender but would should we spend 40m on a player that's has only been called up for 1 selection is a no.

20m max and that's being fair

Edited by Fox85

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If we sell Maguire and go into next season with Evans, Morgan, Soyuncu and Benkovic then it's risky business.

Soyuncu has little experience of playing Premier League football, Benkovic has none. 

I'd rather get someone in who will not only strengthen us long term, but who we know can be trustworthy.

I'd personally loan out Soyuncu or give Benkovic another year at Celtic.

Then for the 20/21 season, Wes will be gone, then Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic and possibly Dunk can be our CB options.

That's very safety conscious though isn't it? We don't afford ourselves that in other areas of the pitch and to what cost would it restrict us if we did? Why be so eager to bring in Soyuncu AND Benkovic if we were never going to trust them? Why not buy just one of them and if and when Maguire went then bring in an experienced PL player?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Mistakes in him? - and what about Wes and Maguire, Ricardo, Kasper etc etc.  The bloke deserves to be given a run in the team.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Its bot the high reputation but he shows a lot of potential.

A player that will only get better and better when given games.

Dunk is a great defender but would should we spend 40m on a player that's has only been called up for 1 selection is a no.

20m max and that's being fair

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Mistakes in him? - and what about Wes and Maguire, Ricardo, Kasper etc etc.  The bloke deserves to be given a run in the team.

He does show potential but next season is a golden opportunity to do some serious damage in the league, with Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea all looking like they could be mediocre next season and Wolves tied up with Europa, this won't last so the club must put out the best team possible and challange for top 4/6, never been a more perfect time to go for it imo. 

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's very safety conscious though isn't it? We don't afford ourselves that in other areas of the pitch and to what cost would it restrict us if we did? Why be so eager to bring in Soyuncu AND Benkovic if we were never going to trust them? Why not buy just one of them and if and when Maguire went then bring in an experienced PL player?

Go ask this numpty :claude:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He does show potential but next season is a golden opportunity to do some serious damage in the league, with Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea all looking like they could be mediocre next season and Wolves tied up with Europa, this won't last so the club must put out the best team possible and challange for top 4/6, never been a more perfect time to go for it imo. 

Agree about next season but we cannot go spunking 40m on Dunk!!!  Play Benkovic.  In fact Darnell Johnson feels me with more confidence than Dunk.

You build a team on solid foundations. To fight on a few fronts next year and maybe have a good cup run or 2 replacing Maguire if he goes is essential as we will be left exposed with only really Evans as a first choice centre back. Hypothetically, signing Dunk for 40mill and having change left over for other quality/young players would be a great bit of business. He is powerful, PL experienced, has been recognised by England and not far off Maguire’s age.  Would love the remainder to be spent on Tielemans but obviously that all depends on Harry’s sale price. 

Gonna stick my neck on the line here and say that Dunk is every bit as good as Maguire and worth the investment if we do sell him on for more than the £40m they're supposedly asking. Has a similar record in terms of goals and assists from corners too, so well capable of filling in Maggie's role of ghosting in at the back post to finish / knock it back across. 

Friendly reminder that most people's first choice centre back last season ended up being £3.5m Jonny Evans. Harry had a few immense performances and his attacking threat is in no doubt, but I still think he's inconsistent and also got a free pass from the media, and a lot of us too, for some dire ones too and on that basis I'd sell if someone does come in above £50m.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

you surely must of seen how many mistakes Maguire mistakes in a positional sense  ?? 

Edited by les-tah