Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

3 minutes ago, winter-magpie said:

I can assure you that is absolute nonsense. Perez is quite clearly one of our very best players. He used to get a lot of unfair stick because we have been forced to play a defensive game for most of Rafa's time due to low investment, which meant the strikers receiving the brunt of abuse when games don't go our way. He has matured into a seriously good player, £15m would be an absolute steal.

Do you think £15m is the asking price? Im sure he wouldnt leave for that would he? 

I can assure you that is absolute nonsense. Perez is quite clearly one of our very best players. He used to get a lot of unfair stick because we have been forced to play a defensive game for most of Rafa's time due to low investment, which meant the strikers receiving the brunt of abuse when games don't go our way. He has matured into a seriously good player, £15m would be an absolute steal.

Is his contract nearly up? 

7 minutes ago, winter-magpie said:

Ha, thanks. No worries though - most fans are just numb to it now. The club is pretty much dead. Even seasoned ST holders are packing it in.

This saddens me. I lived in the Toon in the mid 90s and your club looked like it was becoming everything I wanted for my own. You deserve better

• Like 2

1 minute ago, winter-magpie said:

Seems low but wouldn't surprise me given the shambles of an operation going on at our club. 

Feel sorry for the Newcastle fans. We're lucky to have an incredible owner (sounds weird not saying 'owners') but I realise we won the owner lottery. It could easily have been us that your fat **** of an owner bought and the club would look very, very different.

Sometimes seems like a southern billionaire who doesn't even like football took over a northern club just to run it into the ground because he can. 

• Like 3

Seems low but wouldn't surprise me given the shambles of an operation going on at our club. 

Meh would surprise me tbh, Ashley is not one to be low balled :( As much of a dickbutt owner he is, he's good when money is concerned. 

I would expect £20/25m obviously if its £15m then woo hoo but still i dont see any figures quoted so far ? 

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Shearer was raving about him on MOTD after he scored a hat trick near the end of the season. 

Said he was a brilliant buy for them etc...

Shearer's twitter will be interesting if Ashley sanctions Perez leaving as well as Benitez. 

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

This saddens me. I lived in the Toon in the mid 90s and your club looked like it was becoming everything I wanted for my own. You deserve better

I lived in the north east most of my life. So many of mates have text me saying they are done 

• Sad 1

It seems to add up. Accept a big bid for Maguire which now seems likely.

Buy Tielemans for around 40M

Buy Perez for around 15M (maybe)

Leaves room for one or two more big signings without breaking the bank. I think most will be happy with that window.

Could possibly spend another 25 - 50M(?! ) in addition to Tielemans and Perez.

Guest SO1
7 minutes ago, sdb said:

Surely we wont get him for £15 mill 

That number is a joke. If it isn't then maybe we could give them 20mil. Just to make us all feel better. We do have a conscience don't we? :)