Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

773833994_Screenshot2019-07-02at17_00_57.thumb.png.4472e7c9cf928232a318c0d694be23b2.png

Overperformed his xG in his better goalscoring seasons but he'd be playing for a more attacking team in us so might be more sustainable. I'd rather him than Gray, Albrighton or Ghezzal but there's better options out there especially considering he's got 2 years on his contract so will cost at least £20m surely?

If we shift Ghezzal and sign a 'marquee winger' as well as Perez I'd be happy with this but I'm doubtful.

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Too hot and cold for me and is now 25 and hasn't really been much more than an average PL player up to now,

I'd much rather the club take a chance on some 21 yo who has done really well in a foreign league over the last year or two. Last season we were linked with Pepe and he now looks like going for £80m to a top club. I'd rather us take our chances elsewhere. I want us to sign a wide forward who instantly becomes our best winger and has a Tielemans type impact on the team. 

I posted his goals tally in the PL the other week and he substantially outscores our current wingers. 12, 8, 6, 7 goals in four seasons.

Id view it as an Albrighton signing. A reliability to it 

Could be a shrewd acquisition, really cracked on in the past couple of seasons and coming into his prime, an experienced player in the League aswell.

If he's available, for the right price. We need a versatile striker given Shinji has left.

I’m excited by this. But can’t see how he wouldn’t be our main signing with Tielemans. He can play wide right and back up to Vardy... Can’t see us going for another winger as well in this window.

• Like 2

I'd buy him purely to stop him scoring against us. Doesn't create much as a winger but he is the perfect t sort of player who can play out wide or through the middle, so I get it. £25m or under and I'd not be annoyed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd buy him purely to stop him scoring against us. Doesn't create much as a winger but he is the perfect t sort of player who can play out wide or through the middle, so I get it. £25m or under and I'd not be annoyed.

i wonder if this is the 30-50m winger Tanner was on about...

Guest SO1
14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This is kind of the ideal profile for us. Can be back up to vardy but also get in the side in other positons and in different systems. Still would want a deluxe wide man (+ Youri obvs) in an ideal world but like the ideal of this signing provided it’s not too expensive. 

This. I was pissed off when I saw this thread. Watched a little YT and realized that he might actually be perfect for the reasons you describe.

We're going to have to be careful as to how we play this one to not get screwed by Newcastle. We'll have competition from Italy,Spain and wherever Rafa is going.

I can see letting them(europe) set the price and us coming in at the last minute with a better offer. We'll have to be all onboard with the player to pull this off.

This seems like a late window deal.

2 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

He’s a 20-25m player at most and not really a winger. But still could be who he was referring 

i agree with you on all of this but prices seem to be getting more and more inflated!

3 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

He’s a 20-25m player at most and not really a winger. But still could be who he was referring 

He's exactly the sort of player we'd sign for £50m and call our new star winger tbfh.

That's exactly what worries me.Like I said, Perez as a squad player alongside other signings and I'm happy. Perez as the new star man, uhoh.