Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

Couple of Newcastle supporting friends I know have been slagging him off no end last couple of seasons until he hit form in the 2nd half of last season. 

Underwhelming but if he's willing to replace Okazaki and play a bit part role as back up to Vardy then could be a shrewd signing.

Good player. Decent record. Prem experience. Can play wide or through the middle. Approaching what should be his peak years. Could be a cracking signing provided the price tag isn't something silly.

• Like 2

Comparison to our wingers last season:

P - A - G
Perez        - 37   2   12
Albrighton - 27  3    2
Gray          - 34  1    4
Ghezzal     - 19  1    0
Barnes      - 16   2    1

Upgrade if you look at the stats, although he sometimes plays up top.

• Like 2

Was thinking about him as a possibility the other day weirdly but didn’t think we had a chance with Benitez there. Improved no end last season and looked a real handful.

Would be a big yes from me for the right price.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

I've been saying (like many on here) that we needed a striker and a winger (as well as Tielemans). I think if this happened, we would get one or the other in alongside him. My preference would be a winger and use Perez up top when needed. Or, and I'm being greedy here, a winger who could also play up top, similar to Perez. 

..... Sarr and Ayoze Perez would be absolutely ideal. Both can play either wing and up top. They would strengthen the first 11 and also add incredible depth to the squad. 

• Like 1

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I've been saying (like many on here) that we needed a striker and a winger (as well as Tielemans). I think if this happened, we would get one or the other in alongside him. My preference would be a winger and use Perez up top when needed. Or, and I'm being greedy here, a winger who could also play up top, similar to Perez. 

..... Sarr and Ayoze Perez would be absolutely ideal. Both can play either wing and up top. They would strengthen the first 11 and also add incredible depth to the squad. 

Sometimes Greed is Good.:)

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Sometimes Greed is Good.:)

Sometimes maybe, but on the whole i dont think so.. The ability to differentiate between need and greed is way better?

Greed can and does cause many problems and thankfully something that LCFC have not had to encounter. I think :P 

• Like 1

19 games last season as a right winger - 11 goals 1 assist

10 games as a support striker - 1 goals 1 assists

So definitely a very good option for a winger with premier league experience, only 25 as well

Plus it would piss off the Newcastle fans even more after losing Rafa as they love Perez as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Is this the top winger we’re meant to be signing 

Don’t think so. The ever reliable Sean has informed us that Thauvin is that winger, this guy is coming in to join the bowling team.