Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Have to give Bayern Munich a lot of credit mind you, look at the highlights, Lewandowski and Gnabry were outrageous. The skill Lewandowski pulls off twice in his first goal is sublime.

How clean were all the strikes! Accurate and powerful including the first from Kimmich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

On a serious note, Poch has taken them as far as he can with limited resources. I know he hasn't won anything but he's taken Spurs to another level to where they were pre-2014. He is a great manager and you wonder how much better he could do if he was given the funds available at United or Liverpool. 

Spurs are in a delicate place though. Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld all out of contract next summer. Dele Alli has stagnated. Lloris isn't what he used to be. Big rebuilding job at Tottenham, and if I was Poch I would bounce and say thank you for the memories but it's time to go.

I agree. I also think that IF the rumours are true about players shagging other player's wives then I feel for him because that's completely beyond his control and has nothing to do with football.

Obviously I'm not comparing like for like but a similar thing happened at Hinckley when I was there and it's horrible. Everyone is tense, people pick sides and people blank each other, training is painful. It's a nightmare for any manager.

• Like 3

This was predicted yesterday by the Munich players. They were asked if they thought it would be a game with lots of goals and they replied "Nine".

The clubs supporters group have angrily rejected the offer of a free soft drink at the next home match due to its name and the fact it's not canned but bottled...

image.jpeg.28fed9b897da68a0d48b7d99ff2fda41.jpeg

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Koke said:

On a serious note, Poch has taken them as far as he can with limited resources. I know he hasn't won anything but he's taken Spurs to another level to where they were pre-2014. He is a great manager and you wonder how much better he could do if he was given the funds available at United or Liverpool. 

Spurs are in a delicate place though. Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld all out of contract next summer. Dele Alli has stagnated. Lloris isn't what he used to be. Big rebuilding job at Tottenham, and if I was Poch I would bounce and say thank you for the memories but it's time to go.

It's getting to that time where his 'legacy' of how he's brought this team up in the world could be ruined by in house fighting and some dismal results.

Not sure what he can do without some serious backing. He should've left post champions league final, let someone else take over the job and try again  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

lol Which Bayern player booted the match ball into the away end? 

I was at the game yesterday (in the away end), I missed who booted it in but Gnabry looked a bit upset as it was his matchball for scoring a hattrick. Him and then Neuer were asking the fans to throw it back out and they duly obliged which was nice.

What a crazy game and Spurs really collapsed in the end. They were good for 15 minutes, put us under pressure but in the end quality showed and Bayern were ruthless. Even better as some arrogant Spurs fans were giving it large in the pub before the match.

• Haha 1

I am not one that gets pleasure from seeing Spurs crumble (Man U, yes. I had sh!t at school as a kid in the 70’s and 80’s as a City fan).

I didn't know about the shagging rumour at Spurs. Something wasn't right earlier in the season when he was saying the window closing couldn't come soon enough. It felt like there was something more going on than a couple of unsettled players. 

I totally agree with @UniFox21 that with hindsight, I agree he should have walked after the Champions League. I only say with hindsight as I put us in their position and would feel gutted if Brendan walked after losing a final (and not knowing about the capitulation and turmoil that lied ahead). I'd feel there was unfinished business. 

I just think with each week he stays, he's doing damage to his CV. Saying that, Spurs are rotten throughout and things are clearly not right behind the scenes. 

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I was at the game yesterday (in the away end), I missed who booted it in but Gnabry looked a bit upset as it was his matchball for scoring a hattrick. Him and then Neuer were asking the fans to throw it back out and they duly obliged which was nice.

What a crazy game and Spurs really collapsed in the end. They were good for 15 minutes, put us under pressure but in the end quality showed and Bayern were ruthless. Even better as some arrogant Spurs fans were giving it large in the pub before the match.

Believe it was Javi Martinez.

Assume the away end was a belter? Saw a few Ultras Bochum there also.

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I agree. I also think that IF the rumours are true about players shagging other player's wives then I feel for him because that's completely beyond his control and has nothing to do with football.

Obviously I'm not comparing like for like but a similar thing happened at Hinckley when I was there and it's horrible. Everyone is tense, people pick sides and people blank each other, training is painful. It's a nightmare for any manager.

Bloody hell, I never heard about this? Obviously their demise has been well documented but were there players dipping other players missus?

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Believe it was Javi Martinez.

Assume the away end was a belter? Saw a few Ultras Bochum there also.

For German standards (and Bayern standards, I have been to about 8 or so matches) it was actually fairly average for most of the game, a bit livelier again in the last quarter of the match. Still much better than the majority of away ends in this country these days, it was non-stop for 90 mins, how it should be.

I am not sure if a few of the normal fan groups (like the Schickeria) stayed away yesterday (maybe due to them not agreeing with UEFA pricing etc.) and whether that had any impact.

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Surely there's like 20 odd match balls. He might not have even scored all his goals with the same ball lol

Yes, there should be, but I believe the ref just has the one ball which gets handed to him. I guess he could have gone to a ballboy and grabbed another though...

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

For German standards (and Bayern standards, I have been to about 8 or so matches) it was actually fairly average for most of the game, a bit livelier again in the last quarter of the match. Still much better than the majority of away ends in this country these days, it was non-stop for 90 mins, how it should be.

I am not sure if a few of the normal fan groups (like the Schickeria) stayed away yesterday (maybe due to them not agreeing with UEFA pricing etc.) and whether that had any impact.

Do you know what restrictions they were given in term of drums and flags there last night?

UFS regularly get knocked back on this despite literally the week before at the same grounds European teams being allowed drums in.

26 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Do you know what restrictions they were given in term of drums and flags there last night?

UFS regularly get knocked back on this despite literally the week before at the same grounds European teams being allowed drums in.

Oh yes, that was another major factor. No drums, no megaphones, which affects the ability to get the whole end going in sync. So it seems as strict as PL games. Small flags were allowed and you could hang flags over the front of the blocks like normal. But there were no exceptions for it being a European game.

Has anyone in the media said that the likes of Kane,Vertonghen, Erikssenn etc should move to a bigger club like they do with our key players?

Or is it like how Spurs are still one of the most exciting clubs in Europe like Jamie Redknapp said on Sky a year or 2 ago?

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bloody hell, I never heard about this? Obviously their demise has been well documented but were there players dipping other players missus?

Their forums are mentioning this a lot - might account for some batshit body language, refusal to re-sign contracts oh and playing like a pub team after an all nighter 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes mate. Obviously it could be bollocks but there are rumours flying about that Jan Vertonghen has been at it with Cristian Eriksen's missus. Would explain a lot IF it were true.

10 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Yes mate. Obviously it could be bollocks but there are rumours flying about that Jan Vertonghen has been at it with Cristian Eriksen's missus. Would explain a lot IF it were true.

No smoke without fire, they say... Still would advise for caution believing this source here:

https://www.sickchirpse.com/reports-claiming-jan-vertonghen-slept-christian-eriksens-wife/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It was Javi Martinez, seen it on twitter lol 

4 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Has anyone in the media said that the likes of Kane,Vertonghen, Erikssenn etc should move to a bigger club like they do with our key players?

Or is it like how Spurs are still one of the most exciting clubs in Europe like Jamie Redknapp said on Sky a year or 2 ago?

Somebody on talksport this morning suggested that Harry Kane should move if he wants to win trophies, possibly Alan Brazil 

• Thanks 1