Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Bastos - Lazio CB

https://readleicester.com/2019/07/29/leicester-city-make-contact-over-bastos-deal/

Leicester City have reportedly been in touch with the representatives of Lazio defender Bastos.

According to claims from La Lazio Siamo Noi, as translated by Sport Witness, the Foxes have initiated contact with the Angolan centre-back’s entourage as they ponder a swoop for the player.

Big, physical center half who has a few goals in him. Basically a better then Wes insurance policy you wouldn’t expect to dislodge Evans, Soyuncu or Benkovic as a starter but would be acceptable in case of injury. 28, as good as he’s going to be. I’d think somewhere in the 5-7 million range.

8 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'd much rather we take a punt on someone like this than blow £45m on someone like Dunk. There's no way Dunk is around 8 or 9 times better than this fella, and they're the same age.

Agree. I would rather we re-sign Graham Cross than spunk 45M on Dunk.

• Haha 1

.. uses his body very aggressively as per Soyuncu, pretty risky way of defending!! 

Looks like a converted midfielder the way he carries the ball which is quite impressive. Not seen his ability to head the ball and that would be a big part of defensive responsibility and also at set pieces. 

This is an interesting one... his price could be a factor, if we are looking to take a chance! 

53 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

As far as YouTube videos go... that’s terrible. Should’ve given two pens away! 

Looks worse than what we already have but confess to never seeing him until those clips 

Him and Wes in tandem should ensure bottom 6 finish.  This has to be a joke?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Big, physical center half who has a few goals in him. Basically a better then Wes insurance policy you wouldn’t expect to dislodge Evans, Soyuncu or Benkovic as a starter but would be acceptable in case of injury. 28, as good as he’s going to be. I’d think somewhere in the 5-7 million range.

Agree with the idea and your thoughts

But...28 -30, that's when quality CBs start to peak..then with a good 5-8 years in front of them. ..one could say a potential future WES.

I don't know really how the market will work out...if these silly millions for above AVG. Players will continue!!

But at present it seems for clubs like Leicester £12-25 will become the over the top prices. Look at Perez for £30mil.

That's why it's still imperative we carry on with the 2 sided youth policy..

Developing our own,or investing in outside young players then developing them...We ain't either Man.ciy,Liverpool,

Chelsea Money wise,nor Spurs and Arsenal catchment area of London and still high finances.....

We went crazy after the title,and paid the cost....of having and still paying for poor investment...But nobody at the time could foresee it!!   We can't just go on the blame trail every time..Overall our transfer deals since mahrez until now,still runs in the  positive ,or holding their own...Our owners and management had also to learn. The owners can Pay for the odd 1-3 top named players,and higher quality squad-fillers with risks. Top teams can carry their bad lemons transfer deals,clubs like Leicester just can't afford to throw money around. Our owners are willing to put the money down,but don't belong to

the high rollers...." Thankfully"

Because I think it's the PL middle clubs,that will make the market find its level..There is always those seasons of reckless stupidity in the market!!

Plus...the RMs ,Barcelona's man.city,PSG.Manutd are a few.

Look at Germany Bayern,Dortmund, Italians can't really afford it!! Though they may have started in the 60s  the high transfers- boom won't or can't get involved in this contradictory FFP corrupt racket,of moral lying to its Football associations & WWide fans..