Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

2 hours ago, adam said:

Barnes wasn't offside. What you going on about. It's pretty clear as long as your eyes work.

Totally agree Barnes goal should have  stood, both were extremely tight calls and the benefit should go with the attacker. Difference is Man Utd and all the other 'big' teams get the marginal calls whilst we don't.

I'm also convinced if Faes makes a stud high tackle on Fernandes knee cap he gets a red, because Fernandes would have screamed, rolled around for about 10 minutes, Utd surround  the ref and he would show a red.

Faes and Leicester made very little fuss and the tackle wasn't even punished.

• Like 3

So VAR decisions, in general, are largely against Leicester unfairly?..

The Waes incident is definitely a massive nail towards the ethics of fair play in this league coffin - a very absurd decision.

They won't, but the Premier League should apologise for costing clubs many points always for incorrect VAR decisions.

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No they weren't, read the bloody thread FFS. 

As far as I can see it's just you insisting var offside decisions are flawless because of "perspective". If anyone can show me evidence that Dier's shoulder or Davies' head aren't beyond Barnes' toe for the goal last week, then fair enough, but it certainly doesn't look that way to me. It looks more like they make up where to draw the line as they go along, so why not provide fuller explanation to the fans? 

Edited by dfs
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That angle they have for the offsides at Old Trafford is absolute nonsense, it's completely inconclusive and another example of how half-baked the system actually is and why it needs sacking off.

Interesting to know how long that took today compared to others that seem to be forensically analysed. I'm sure the obvious Liverpool goals yesterday took longer to confirm.

The officials today were absolutely appaling.

Normally games we've lost this season os down to our failings alone bit today we were screwed over something chronic with the decisions.

Had no issue being a goal down at half time. We didn't take our chances but the yellow cards for mendy and the 2nd goal being allowed was sickening. 

Of course they couldnt wait to give a nothing penalty in 2019 or to rule out one of our goals last season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The officials today were absolutely appaling.

Normally games we've lost this season os down to our failings alone bit today we were screwed over something chronic with the decisions.

Had no issue being a goal down at half time. We didn't take our chances but the yellow cards for mendy and the 2nd goal being allowed was sickening. 

Of course they couldnt wait to give a nothing penalty in 2019 or to rule out one of our goals last season.

Just amazing that the fouls Manure were committing were far worse than the yellow for Mendy and Faes also so many disgraceful fouls Atwell & VAR were letting go unpunished, it was absolutely shocking that he was just overlooking fouls committed by utds players just letting them get away with cheating a win the studs up foul on Faes the look of the offside for the Rashford 2nd goal Sanchos goal where Nacho was fouled in the build up to the goal ?
It was a disgraceful disappointment of a display from Atwell & co in VAR, PGMOL probably won’t look at or into this like they did last week as they won’t want to admit another cock up by their officials but they have to sort their shit out both on and off the field of play we have the best for all league in the world and we deserve the best officials to officiate in the best league in the world ?

SORT IT OUT PGMOL FFS

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

That angle they have for the offsides at Old Trafford is absolute nonsense, it's completely inconclusive and another example of how half-baked the system actually is and why it needs sacking off.

Amount of money in the prem, they need a cameras fitted along the side of the pitch to capture in line angles rather than the crap we see 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

This week VAR used Faes outer arm, last week VAR used Dier’s armpit/knee line. Makes no sense other than big 6 sense.

A977798C-F169-474D-841D-3600B7ED1A3C.jpeg

isnt just me thinking that then; 

as on the Faes one today it does look like they are lining it up with it shoulder and he was side on too
then again cant really tell fully from the grainy pics

• Like 1

How don't people realise that the line on the ground is at an angle down from where they judge the last point and not a line through the last point? 

I mean, it's still not reliable for various reasons... but the line is on the ground and not in the air. 

Edit - This is more in relation to last weeks.

Edited by Craig

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is right. 

Perspective or not, it literally shows the line not going through the armpit. If it does, Rashford is off. 

No, you're wrong, it's because of perspective. Just read the thread ffs 😉

1 minute ago, Craig said:

How don't people realise that the line on the ground is at an angle down from where they judge the last point and not a line through the last point?

I mean, it's still not reliable for various reasons... but the line is on the ground and not in the air. 

Eh???

The line on the ground is directly under the point that they determine to be the nearest to the goal on the last defender.

Think of it like a wall built under the players armpit - the line is the base of that wall.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is right. 

Perspective or not, it literally shows the line not going through the armpit. If it does, Rashford is off. 

He can defend with the t shirt line and it’s not handball - that why the line is drawn from the side of the arm 

no one can show me the down lines plotted from dier and Davies upper bodies to the ground  last week 

And the Twitter guy is just embarrassing himself with the second last man stuff 

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Eh???

The line on the ground is directly under the point that they determine to be the nearest to the goal on the last defender.

Think of it like a wall built under the players armpit - the line is the base of that wall.

I know, that's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the perspective of it, and how the camera angle isn't always facing straight on. 

Today's is a joke as clearly it isn't placed at the correct point, but the Barnes one is not actually how it looks if you look at it as a flat image. 

Both should stand, mind. This isn't what offside is for.