Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

13 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I know one thing if it had gone against us we'd all be screaming UNFAIR!!!

Yup but we got one against us last week that definitely shouldn't have been a peno. So que Sara. 

Wood does clip his heels. I think Evans would have cleared it off the line if Wood hadn't caught him.

One hopes that sky or MOTD will use their tech to show if JE would have reached the ball before it gets to the line had he not been clipped 

I fancy he may just have done so but making sure it didn’t go in could have been tricky 

irrespective of whether it’s a clip or not, most people will judge this re fairness on whether the ball could have been cleared 

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

One hopes that sky or MOTD will use their tech to show if JE would have reached the ball before it gets to the line had he not been clipped 

I fancy he may just have done so but making sure it didn’t go in could have been tricky 

irrespective of whether it’s a clip or not, most people will judge this re fairness on whether the ball could have been cleared 

Surely most people judge it on whether it's a foul or not? Not the possibility of clearing it or not?

If he's not fouled at all, he certainly has a better chance to clear it, no?

Just now, StanSP said:

Surely most people judge it on whether it's a foul or not? Not the possibility of clearing it or not?

If he's not fouled at all, he certainly has a better chance to clear it, no?

Yes if he fouled jonny when jonny couldn't have clear the ball he has himself to blame

Again, nobody in the ground is sure what is being checked for (offside, handball, foul?).

The fans in the ground need better guidance. You don't need to show the incident, just say what is being checked then goal or no goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Again, nobody in the ground is sure what is being checked for (offside, handball, foul?).

The fans in the ground need better guidance. You don't need to show the incident, just say what is being checked then goal or no goal.

The only problem with this is it might limit what they can do, for example today’s Wood decision they reviewed for a foul, what would happen if in checking for a foul they noticed a handball or an offside.

Maybe at the end it could come up on the screen, no goal, foul by player x on player y.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The only problem with this is it might limit what they can do, for example today’s Wood decision they reviewed for a foul, what would happen if in checking for a foul they noticed a handball or an offside.

Maybe at the end it could come up on the screen, no goal, foul by player x on player y.

Yes, fair point. I just feel frustrated that in the ground we aren't getting much information.

On Dyche's comments, there is no guarantee the referee looking at the screen wouldn't have changed his mind. I'm fairly sure they are looking for contact in these situations, especially if they've been asked to judge themselves.

• Like 2

The frustration is not overturning penalties when players dive.

Then disallowing goals when players could easily stay on their feet.

Then disallowing goals for hand balls absolutely no one is aware of.

Whilst not disallowing goals when exactly the same thing happens

And not giving penalties when players are blatantly fouled.

Its not made a jot of difference to the pants refereeing we were all used to.

Except now we can rule out goals for offside that no linesman could have ever seen so our games can have less goals.

Yipeeee for VAR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yes, fair point. I just feel frustrated that in the ground we aren't getting much information.

On Dyche's comments, there is no guarantee the referee looking at the screen wouldn't have changed his mind. I'm fairly sure they are looking for contact in these situations, especially if they've been asked to judge themselves.

Agreed, I'd love a "No Goal, Foul/Handball" to let us know what's going on

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sometimes the official signals offside, but in the case today I had no idea why it was ruled out until post match 

Get yer phone out grandad, its the 21st century 🤣

But seriously, we at the match know less than derek in his dressing gown who's just switched over.

Tbh i gave up the day the match kicked off when the ticket readers had stopped working because it was on tv. Unfortunately my smartphone is the only way i know why the var decision was made.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Get yer phone out grandad, its the 21st century 🤣

But seriously, we at the match know less than derek in his dressing gown who's just switched over.

Tbh i gave up the day the match kicked off when the ticket readers had stopped working because it was on tv. Unfortunately my smartphone is the only way i know why the var decision was made.

For the record I may have been in my dressing gown, but I hadn’t just switched over.

• Haha 1