Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

On 16/04/2020 at 10:17, foxile5 said:

When he came to us he had something to prove. Since then he's become entitled and sulky. 

He needs a kick up the arse by a manager who's prepared to tell him he's not that good. 

I don't buy this idea he's sulky.

I think he just has a demeanor that people take as sulky.

Puel clearly believed he could be adaptable and go somewhere which means he must have seen gray as being up for learning.

He's also talked quite sensibly about his need to improve since Rodgers came in.

I expect he'll leave, he's got some ability but he needs to stretch his legs and run and make good decisions and it won't happen unless he can find somewhere where he gets a proper run in the first team.

Shame for my Leicester team on FIFA to lose his pace though.

23 minutes ago, dayday said:

Probably the most frustrating player I’ve seen wearing a Leicester shirt.

Really, did you miss most of the Taylor years and ten years after? Think we could have a top ten worse. Not a fan of Gray but there have been more frustrating players over the years! (Sorry if you have only been a fan for a couple of years) :fc:

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He needs to be playing regular first team football and he's not going to get that here. For his own sake he needs to leave.

I do think there is a decent player there, somewhere.

In a side that requires a bit less from him, he might begin to find some form.

He has had enough time with us now though and it’s just not working out.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I do think there is a decent player there, somewhere.

In a side that requires a bit less from him, he might begin to find some form.

He has had enough time with us now though and it’s just not working out.

Completely agree however think that quality lies within the championship. Could become a brilliant player again like he once was with Birmingham at times. Made the jump too early in his career. 

1 hour ago, WarehamFox said:

Really, did you miss most of the Taylor years and ten years after? Think we could have a top ten worse. Not a fan of Gray but there have been more frustrating players over the years! (Sorry if you have only been a fan for a couple of years) :fc:

I’ve been a fan for 40 years, I was referring to natural talent, I used to think he had the attributes to go to the very top, only very rarely do we see his talent.

I was always thinking when Demari had a decent game, nows your time to kick on and cement your place, and to be honest he never has, the talent is there, I just think now after quite a few managers trying to get the best out of him, he’s become a lost cause, and needs to moved on

Out of interest which players do you find more frustrating?

Edited by dayday

On 15/04/2020 at 23:23, Tanya said:

Rumour on Twitter Bournemouth and Palace are interested in Gray this summer. 18 million asking price. Too good to be true, surely....

On 16/04/2020 at 00:15, Gerard said:

Sean from Enderby said it.

I'd take that with a huge pinch of salt. 

If you link a player with most clubs, like Sean and IndyK do, you're bound to be right now and again.

12 hours ago, Toddybad said:

I don't buy this idea he's sulky.

I think he just has a demeanor that people take as sulky.

Puel clearly believed he could be adaptable and go somewhere which means he must have seen gray as being up for learning.

He's also talked quite sensibly about his need to improve since Rodgers came in.

I expect he'll leave, he's got some ability but he needs to stretch his legs and run and make good decisions and it won't happen unless he can find somewhere where he gets a proper run in the first team.

Shame for my Leicester team on FIFA to lose his pace though.

I think your right, this thing about him being sulky is purely based on appearance, on the few occasions I’ve spoken to him and got him to sign something for my nephew he was very pleasant and accommodating, in fact the only player who completely ignored us was Kasper, obviously that opinion is based on 2-3 short times of speaking to a player but I would imagine most people who say he is sulky have never even met him.

• Like 1

Loan, sell or back up squad player... but saying that, I’d want a sell on clause with profit and buy back options! May sound crazy but he does have youth and some ability on his side - If he does turn it all around I don’t want to end up with us kicking ourselves further down the road.

I think he just has a resting bitch face so comes across a bit sulky and grumpy! 😁 He isnt naturally as smiley as the other youngsters. By all accounts he is actually a nice lad. I agree though that I think he needs to move on for his own sake. He isnt progressing at Leicester.

He's half decent, but is he good enough for a club in the top 10 or that wants to regularly challenge for the top 4/6? No!

Like others have said, he's a good squad player to have but he's had chances prove his ability and hasn't taken it and we have better players in that position.

We've had him what 4 and a half years now and he's not got any better, he's very much proved that he can play in the PL but it probably needs to be with a bottom half team, if we had been fighting a relegation battle the last 4 years, we probably wouldnt have been able to sign the players we have and he would probably be a regular starter.

If we do have offers and accept them he needs to decide if he's happy to be a squad player or if he wants to play regularly. He could end up being the next Andy King, theres no surprise that all our young talent have been signed up on bigger money 5 or 6 year contracts and he hasn't!

Hope it's true. We could end up eating our words - he doesn't get enough game time to ever really get into the swing of things and he's got the raw ingredients to be a top PL player. But he lacks a footballing brain at the mo and his lack of any real development is infuriating. 

Yes 18m sounds good business but look at what Bournemouth have paid for worse players of a similar age. He's a bargain when put next to Ibe, Solanke et.al

There is definitely a player in there. He needs to leave leicester for the sake of his career, he has never had a decent run of games in 4 years under numerous managers and just not happened, but think he could be really good in a different environment. Get as much money as we can and wish him well. Never forget his goal at cardiff. Think he would be perfect under someone like Bielsa. 

13 hours ago, dayday said:

I’ve been a fan for 40 years, I was referring to natural talent, I used to think he had the attributes to go to the very top, only very rarely do we see his talent.

I was always thinking when Demari had a decent game, nows your time to kick on and cement your place, and to be honest he never has, the talent is there, I just think now after quite a few managers trying to get the best out of him, he’s become a lost cause, and needs to moved on

Out of interest which players do you find more frustrating?

I agree DG is frustrating but players like DJ Campbell and Beckford to name but two, for the money and the effort they put in had me pulling my hair out :thumbdown:. Can't remember the name of that midfielder we got from Forest about ten years ago, but he was not so much frustrating just crap! :cool:

50 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

There is definitely a player in there. He needs to leave leicester for the sake of his career, he has never had a decent run of games in 4 years under numerous managers and just not happened, but think he could be really good in a different environment. Get as much money as we can and wish him well. Never forget his goal at cardiff. Think he would be perfect under someone like Bielsa. 

Why is Bielsa going to bring out something special in him that our numerous have failed to do?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Why is Bielsa going to bring out something special in him that our numerous have failed to do?

The quality of leeds players was mid table championship at best when he joined. He has made nearly every player better.

It's not a slight on our managers as its easier to do it in championship than premier league as our managers have all had other options. Just they play with at most 16 trusted players and that brings something out of them, even though they inevitably are dead by march/april and as a team would suffer. We can chop and change a lot easier and that means gray doesn't get the game time needed to develop. 

2 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

I agree DG is frustrating but players like DJ Campbell and Beckford to name but two, for the money and the effort they put in had me pulling my hair out :thumbdown:. Can't remember the name of that midfielder we got from Forest about ten years ago, but he was not so much frustrating just crap! :cool:

That would be Gareth Williams, came from Forest, that’s probably why he was crap :D

Why does everyone want to get rid of him? He may go to another club & fulfil his potential & then everybody will be saying we should have kept him.

As long as he is not causing problems behind the scenes ( no evidence of that as far as I'm aware) then keep him, he is a good squad member. For some reason everyone seems to be on his back, perhaps if he got some encouragement from the crowd it may help him. There is no doubting that he has more ability than certain other members of our squad, but people think they are marvellous

• Like 1