Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

.. the way we play, passing out from the back does not suit him!! 

Although Barnes had a more positive approach to the game he was also stymied by our style of play and showing for passes, only to see the ball moved out to the other wing. 

This is not a, let's give Demarai another chance post, just an observation of his predicament within the team structure. 

When we pushed him more central and further up the pitch he seemed more switched on and looked like he could cause the opposition problems. I know a young lad who was played on the wing constantly because of his speed and he never saw much of the ball as his team mates failed to utilise his assets and he himself failed to find the space to receive a pass .

I watched him play a few times and suggested that his best position would be central  as a withdrawn striker as he came to life and was demanding the ball, when his coach had to change things, due to injury. He eventually gave the game up, as he was not progressing in the wing role and finding the games passing him by. 

I think Gray is the same, he needs to be central up front but not main striker. He made intelligent runs in that position tonight and should he leave, I hope he leaves the wing and come inside. It is a better role for him and he looks like he understands the position. 

Guest Cujek
9 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Rodgers played him out of sympathy because it’s his old club, hopefully he can go back to them .

I am surprised we didn't just put him back on the Birmingham bus with them.

9 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Next to Conrad Logan he has to be one of the longest club servants who has actually done er nothing.

I wouldn’t quite say that. I hope we never forget the goal he scored for Vichai at Cardiff. 

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
Just now, FoxinNotts said:

As always, some on here over reacting. He’s a good player, just patchy on form. I’d play him against Villa, instead of Perez. 

The problem is, he has all the potential to be a world class player, he just can not put it all together, that has nothing to do with form.

I dont know what the answer with him, but i think it might be time to let him find his path else where.

1 minute ago, Cujek said:

The problem is, he has all the potential to be a world class player, he just can not put it all together, that has nothing to do with form.

I dont know what the answer with him, but i think it might be time to let him find his path else where.

Maybe, but we should definitely use him for the rest of the season, in some capacity. We have a lot of players going through bad spells currently 

Not  massively important but noticed for one of their corners nacho sprinted to position himself in defensive line up whilst gray casually walked towards his. Had they gone early he wouldn’t have been ready. Just sums up his work ethic 

14 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Think he has something and will eventually get a decent football career but not with us sadly. He’s stalled here and needs a move to get a fresh perspective and start.

He's just an OK championship level winger that will have an OK championship level career. 

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

As always, some on here over reacting. He’s a good player, just patchy on form. I’d play him against Villa, instead of Perez. 

lol

Look, I'm the first to bemoan a foxestalk over reaction but equally the foxestalk contrarian crowd can be just as annoying. 

It's been nearly five years, if you still think Demarai Gray is a good player and should be starting for us, you're the minority for a reason. It's a daft opinion. 

He's not the worst player in the club's history and he'll do alright sold back to some top half championship team but he's just not good enough for us where we are, it's not any kind of cruel personal attack to state that. 

Nor is it a position based off one or two odd games. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As a backup winger he’s alright. If we sell we’ll need to buy another backup winger (and a first team winger).

He gets a lot of hate for someone who plays so little.

I have the feeling if we sell, he’ll go somewhere, something will click and he’ll realise all his potential. Doesn’t seem to be happening here.

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m the same but with dancing 

im the same with most things, but i dont get paid 50k a week to be in an elite sports team :P 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

And when will he come good? I know patience is a virtue but this lad has stretched that a bit too far. Being spasmodic is of little use.

• Like 1