Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Gutted it hasn't worked for him as when we signed him I genuinely thought he would be a future England regular but even I have to admit it, he's done here! 

same. he was also really good at his cameo job in the title winning season but since then he's never played well two games in a row, and these days can't play well for 5 minutes in a row. 

• Like 1

Cant see him ever playing for us again. This was his final chance in my opinion. Unless we get a load of injuries, cant see him playing another minute here. Absolutely woeful tonight against a poor championship team. 

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

Could be his last appearance for us I'm afraid. Bags of talent but his decision making is awful.

Oh I wouldn’t bank on it. We’ve been here so many times before it’s getting boring now. 

Gray has has enough chances this season to prove he deserves to be in this team. Apart from a few substitute appearances after he got dropped, he’s shown he has limited potential and has to move on.

as soon as Barnes came on, the energy and attacking play was dramatically different.

i feel sorry for the guy and maybe he’ll make it in some other team where he is the ‘luxury’ light weight player, but we need a quality aggressive winger to replace him in the summer.

Like everyone else I’ve always wanted him to do well but I think it’s the end of the road for him unfortunately.

Seems like he had the potential early on and I don’t know why he’s never been able to kick on. Almost seems to lack that hunger necessary to make it at the top level. Does anyone seriously think that he could get into any premier league side? The way he’s been playing I think he’d struggle to get into the better championship sides imo. 

Sell for whatever we can in the Summer and open up another squad place, either for a prospect bought in or to promote from within.

We need to ship him out for his own good as well as ours. I can't see that he's improved at all over the last few years and now in the few minutes he does get, he's totally anonymous and looks in no danger whatsoever of making a positive impact. I'm less convinced every time I see him that he'll ever be good enough for this level - let him go and kick start his career somewhere else.

Not massively important but noticed for one of their corners nacho sprinted to position himself in defensive line up whilst gray casually walked towards his. Had they gone early he wouldn’t have been ready. Just sums up his work ethic. Coupled with the lack of quality he’s what I always said he would be after seeing him start games. Average championship player 

46 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

The real question is...

Who's going to speak to Bournemouth about possibly re-offering that £25 million?

Right now I think a loan move would be best. Potential is there but he's got lots to learn. Have a season long loan somewhere where he can get lots of game time. 

29 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Right now I think a loan move would be best. Potential is there but he's got lots to learn. Have a season long loan somewhere where he can get lots of game time. 

A season long loan is no good to us, he'll be out of contract when that ends.

We need to get him off the books in the summer to get any return.

• Like 2

its been said so many times (by me on more than one occasion too) that he certainly has the natural talent but just not read the game at all. seems on a different wavelength to everyone else and has no spatial awareness, often turning straight into opposition defenders (guilty of this almost every time he received the ball with his back to goal tonight).  Came here full of promise but has never been able to make that step up. A shame really because the potential was all there.