Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sorry. But today's exemplary team display only served to magnify that this guy is the odd man out.

A.lovely flick to set up Ricardo's goal and a few neat touches....but way way off the level of every other player. I'm sure a stats person could illustrate how many 50/50 challenges he lost today.

It's a shame for him, because multiple attacking and midfield players are ahead of him in ability; Praet, Choudhary, Gray, Albrighton and Barnes are all streets ahead but each has had far fewer opportunities to start than this guy

I genuinely think you're wrong. 

Today he seemed to put himself about more than I've seen before; his tracking back was continual and his work rate was brilliant. A few of our goals came from him tracking back or getting at players. 

He had an opportunity to score in the first minute that was behind him; but he had some good link up play down the left with Riccy and Praet. 

Your challenge point feels weak; you don't buy a striker for his ability to tackle. 

He may not have scored yet, but he's growing in performances. He's contributing more and I'm sure once he starts scoring he'll continue to improve

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sorry. But today's exemplary team display only served to magnify that this guy is the odd man out.

A.lovely flick to set up Ricardo's goal and a few neat touches....but way way off the level of every other player. I'm sure a stats person could illustrate how many 50/50 challenges he lost today.

It's a shame for him, because multiple attacking and midfield players are ahead of him in ability; Praet, Choudhary, Gray, Albrighton and Barnes are all streets ahead but each has had far fewer opportunities to start than this guy

Thought Chilwell was again the worst player for us, not Perez

Thought he did alright today?

Think he linked well with Pereira (exemplified by the goal) and a lot of his work off the ball probably goes unnoticed.

Lost count of the amount of times he ran down the right channel to give an option for Pereira in the first half. Then he would shift inside to make space for Praet to run down the right instead. Again, could have done better with the finish early in the game but I don't think he's as bad as is being made out. 

It's quite clear Bruce changed tactically to nullify how much space he'd get down the right for the 2nd half. And obviously shifting to virtually 9/10 men behind the ball restricted that space.

There's not really anything to fault from him today - we've just won 5-0. Don't think anyone deserves much criticism at all. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Anyone who has watched Perez for Newcastle knows that this guy blows hot and cold and is inconsistent. He isnt a 7/10 player every week, but a 4/10 then an 8 or 9. Im sure he will contribute to us throughout the season and we will look back saying he was a solid signings.

I don't disagree. . . we've only seen the 4/10 so far. But that's no longer good enough.

We are entering elite level football. Ndidi, Vardy, Madison, Ricardo, Evans.. are amongst the best in EUROPE at what they do. We can't afford passengers on the promise of 'jam tomorrow'. Especially when better players are sitting in the bench.

A general question.

Would anybody on here expect Perez to line up for Chelsea? Or Man Utd? Arsenal? Spurs?

He was good as was all of the team. Technically got an assist through Ricardo's goal!

For sure though for a 30m signing you'd expect goals considering he's had 8 games for us including the cups? So hopefully he gets them. He's an important team player though, he wins the ball back a lot, does a lot of hard work and doesn't make too many bad decisions. Just missing that clinical edge which is the big piece we are missing... he says after we win 5-0!

Edited by StriderHiryu

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't disagree. . . we've only seen the 4/10 so far. But that's no longer good enough.

We are entering elite level football. Ndidi, Vardy, Madison, Ricardo, Evans.. are amongst the best in EUROPE at what they do. We can't afford passengers on the promise of 'jam tomorrow'. Especially when better players are sitting in the bench.

A general question.

Would anybody on here expect Perez to line up for Chelsea? Or Man Utd? Arsenal? Spurs?

Perez gives us that balance as a forward player that wingers dont. I agree he hasnt been great for us but he has only been here a couple of months. If we start judging new signings after a few months then we might as well have binned Caglar. Some of the knee-jerk stuff about him I read last year was farcical. Despite that, we have options and permutations and personally I think Praet played well enough to stay in midfield and Id have Maddison back in for Ayoze and try that 11.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brucey said:

Thought he looked disappointed when coming off after being subbed. Could see he really wanted to score especially after being booed by the Newcastle fans.

Should count himself very lucky he got another 20+ mins than Barnes got, he should have been the one to come off for Albrighton.

• Like 2

He was so unhappy to come off today and rightly so. He was great. 

He's not hit the heights yet but there's a player in there. He's looked more capable of fulfilling his price tag in seven games than Kelechi has in a season. 

Give the boy time, he's got a bit of class. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest An Sionnach

Is he a striker ? Is he an attacking midfielder ? Is he a winger ? Is he a Vardy stand-in ? Is he well paid ? Yes very. Has he scored yet ? No.

On 29/09/2019 at 22:24, foxile5 said:

He was so unhappy to come off today and rightly so. He was great. 

He's not hit the heights yet but there's a player in there. He's looked more capable of fulfilling his price tag in seven games than Kelechi has in a season. 

Give the boy time, he's got a bit of class. 

Whilst I agree he has promise and needs time he needed to come off,he was not effecting the game. Albrighton when he came on made a difference. Barnes also needs game time and I see him as being a far greater prospect for us than Perez. Barnes because of his age can possibly expect a season with a mixture of opportunities whilst learning his trade. Perez as a supposed 30m player has to step up as a finished article player somewhat sooner. Whilst it would be very wrong to get on his back yet, he needs to step up very soon or quite rightly Albrighton and or Barnes need to be given their chance to shine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Is he a striker ? Is he an attacking midfielder ? Is he a winger ? Is he a Vardy stand-in ? Is he well paid ? Yes very. Has he scored yet ? No.

You have a lot of weird takes. Perez has slowly been improving, 3 assists in 3 is more than any of our wingers have got probably since Mahrez. Patience is needed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I agree he has promise and needs time he needed to come off,he was not effecting the game. Albrighton when he came on made a difference. Barnes also needs game time and I see him as being a far greater prospect for us than Perez. Barnes because of his age can possibly expect a season with a mixture of opportunities whilst learning his trade. Perez as a supposed 30m player has to step up as a finished article player somewhat sooner. Whilst it would be very wrong to get on his back yet, he needs to step up very soon or quite rightly Albrighton and or Barnes need to be given their chance to shine.

Were you saying the same think about Okazaki 3 months after he joined us?