Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

He was overhyped when he arrived. Newcastle got a very good price. And most fans looked at his stats for when he was Newcastle's main outlet. But he is improving, working hard and has been involved with a fair few goals. We'll get about 5 goals and 6 assists over the season. Not star signing stats but then he was never a star signing, only a decent winger and a striker backup.

Guest An Sionnach

The thing is we need 10 to 15 goals from him this season if we are going to make the top six . He did that for Newcastle but he had Salomon (The Beast) Rondon playing alongside him taking the physical strain and he won't get that with us . He is going to have to impose himself or he will get brushed aside.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

The thing is we need 10 to 15 goals from him this season if we are going to make the top six . He did that for Newcastle but he had Salomon (The Beast) Rondon playing alongside him taking the physical strain and he won't get that with us . He is going to have to impose himself or he will get brushed aside.

How many did Okazaki get when we won the league? 

Guest An Sionnach
23 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How many did Okazaki get when we won the league? 

Well we have no Mahrez now so if none of the others get ten Vardy will need 25 which will mean he will have to play in every match . If he gets injured we are basically f**ked. Maddison looks like the only other one who will make double figures.

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It's a bit cheap to start a topic like this and then pussy out of addressing facts like this. Good on you for setting him straight.

He is one of our lowest rated players and at the price we paid for him we need results .What did Rogers expect from him when he was signed , I assume goals, but he is in danger of not making the starting line up and as I said we need 10 to 15 goals from him if we are going to make the top six.

13 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

He has made more tackles than any of our attacking players so far this season and is 8th in the entire league for tackles?

Well said Rumble. Ayoze is a key part of our high-pressing game. The goals will come soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He is one of our lowest rated players and at the price we paid for him we need results .What did Rogers expect from him when he was signed , I assume goals, but he is in danger of not making the starting line up and as I said we need 10 to 15 goals from him if we are going to make the top six.

His last couple of games have looked very promising. You forget that he has had to completely adapt his playstyle; Benitez's football is antithetical to what Rodgers has him playing. The price we paid for him is also, sadly, not representative of much in the PL, certainly not the kind of money that "demands instant results".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

His last couple of games have looked very promising. You forget that he has had to completely adapt his playstyle; Benitez's football is antithetical to what Rodgers has him playing. The price we paid for him is also, sadly, not representative of much in the PL, certainly not the kind of money that "demands instant results".

Also last year he didn't get his first goal until November  so maybe he's a slow starter . 

14 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

He has made more tackles than any of our attacking players so far this season and is 8th in the entire league for tackles?

Weird how people in this Country are obsessed with physical, especially over technical. 

"Wahh Mahrez might score 15 a season but he doesn't track back".

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Weird how people in this Country are obsessed with physical, especially over technical. 

Weird how people have minimal ability to follow a thread. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I was addressing the point that someone said he was not physical and will be pushed aside which is, objectively, untrue. I made no comment on the merits of physicality vs technicality merely that the statement regarding his lack of physicality/effort is demonstrably untrue. I for one never expected Mahrez to track back. X 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I was addressing the point that someone said he was not physical and will be pushed aside which is, objectively, untrue. I made no comment on the merits of physicality vs technicality merely that the statement regarding his lack of physicality/effort is demonstrably untrue. I for one never expected Mahrez to track back. X 

No it's not.  Actually, he is lightweight and easily dispossessed.  He is our third most dispossessed player behind Maddison and Ricardo but has played a lot less minutes and is proportionally our most dispossessed player by a distance.  He was known for being lightweight before he came here.  However, you're right that he is good at winning the ball and so has the curious ability of being good at winning the ball yet relaltively easily dispossessed when he has it.

38 minutes ago, murphy said:

No it's not.  Actually, he is lightweight and easily dispossessed.  He is our third most dispossessed player behind Maddison and Ricardo but has played a lot less minutes and is proportionally our most dispossessed player by a distance.  He was known for being lightweight before he came here.  However, you're right that he is good at winning the ball and so has the curious ability of being good at winning the ball yet relaltively easily dispossessed when he has it.

Interesting stats thanks, will have a look. The dispossessed stat is interesting and you make a good point about fewer minutes. Conversely those fewer minutes make his tackling numbers even more impressive. I like him but I certainly understand some fan's concerns. I think he will be an important player for us this season and everything in his history suggests that when he does finally score he may go on a streak. When minutes played are factored in he is also third in the attempted dribble stats (behind Maddison and Ricardo) so it would maybe make sense he is also third in the dispossessed stats (behind the same two players). I dunno, I like him and think he's had a steady, if not remarkable, start. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

Guest An Sionnach

He is a good player in the wrong team ,we needed a powerful backup striker , in fact Rondon would have been ideal. I hope he proves me wrong but no goals in nine games is not great.