Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

46 minutes ago, Langston said:

Might never happen mate, Christ. Every thread.

Well as a right forward your not going to get a better chance to impress than when the left back marking you gets sent off a few minutes after kick off are you, really, that’s just a plain fact.

Should be very happy tonight though, his less than explosive start had started to concern me and I’m not totally convinced the wider positions suit him, and the first goal was fortunate, but seems to be exactly  what he needed and the 2nd and 3rd were the first times he’s actually exhibited  some ability and end product that Has suggested he’s got more about him than the options we have on the bench.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Sad 1

There was a very good interview with Perez by Sky after the match:
https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2019/10/25/southampton-vs-leicester-city-highlights-full-match/4/

Check the "post match" at about 9 minutes.

- Thinks Leicester has a big club / top team mentality. Kept going for goals even when the game was won and were 5-0 up. Likes this about the club - very enjoyable.

- It's always hard to get the first goal, sorry it took so long but knew that once he got it, the goals would come. Means a lot to him to get this to repay the fans.

- Is still adapting to the new role. He played as support striker (10) or as a 9 for Newcastle so it's taking time to adjust and hasn't fully done it yet. Knows he has to get into the box and support the attack.

- Was surprised by the players at Leicester when he signed for the club, much better than he expected. "Wow this is quality!"

- Both Vardy and Perez and a match ball each! lol

Perez put on an absolute finishing clinic tonight. Reminded me of the ruthlessness Suarez has.

No doubt in my mind he has the ability to play as a 9 in a Rodgers team. Coming into his prime.

Ayoze Perez is about to hit the Big Time. Goals, Goals, Goals.

He’s never going to be our new Vardy and he’s not the winger we needed. But even before this hat-trick, the boy had some fire in his belly.

He did a lot of the chasing Vardy has been told not to do. He grafted, ran, hassled, harried and now he’s notched (3x). All finishes worthy of a lethal forward. Great runs, passes and finishes.

Edited by Leeds Fox

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well as a right forward your not going to get a better chance to impress than when the left back marking you gets sent off a few minutes after kick off are you, really, that’s just a plain fact.

Should be very happy tonight though, his less than explosive start had started to concern me and I’m not totally convinced the wider positions suit him, and the first goal was fortunate, but seems to be exactly  what he needed and the 2nd and 3rd were the first times he’s actually exhibited  some ability and end product that Has suggested he’s got more about him than the options we have on the bench.

7 hours ago, murphy said:

I have been perhaps the fiercest critic of his transfer, so I will just say this - he did get dispossessed on the edge of our penalty area and teed up a shooting chance for them, so lightweight etc...

...Just kidding.  Delighted for him and for us.  I hope it's a turning point.  I hope I've been wrong (again).

You two had the balls to point out what I thought too, but felt it was churlish to post.

• Like 1

A few times in this thread I've said I can't see what perez offers apart from hard work. He certainly made me look stupid last night. 

Think both and Barnes will be the greatest beneficiaries of last night, Perez needed the goal and Barnes the belief. Been clear our wings have been our weakest part so it’ll be great to see if both can really push on now in terms of goalscoring contribution. Exciting!

13 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Keep up the good work Dave…. His finger in the ear celebration was pointed at you!

Well, if you're going to be critical, you have to give praise when it's due.  His finishing, especially his second, was very good.  You can't argue with a hat-trick.

Now's not the time but I haven't changed my mind based on one game against abject opposition but I am more hopeful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Well, if you're going to be critical, you have to give praise when it's due.  His finishing, especially his second, was very good.  You can't argue with a hat-trick.

Now's not the time but I haven't changed my mind based on one game against abject opposition but I am more hopeful.

Go on change your mind Dave…. I double dare you :ph34r:

You always were a stubborn bugger… you never bended once when was trying you up in knots in a political debate 20 years ago!!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't know why but his celebration might be my favourite of any player since Lee Sharpe

with him and brendan we are the absolute kings of the celebrations these days 

• Like 2

We've been looking for the perfect foil/partner for Vardy. We had the great efforts of Shinji and Leo in our title season who both did amazing jobs in their way. But realistically they were not genuinely top class. So will Pèrez step up to be that player? Last night he looked like it. Obviously he'll need to be at that level consistently,  so it's early days, but let's hope so. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Go on change your mind Dave…. I double dare you :ph34r:

You always were a stubborn bugger… you never bended once when was trying you up in knots in a political debate 20 years ago!!!

Yeeeeeesss.  Funny how time and great age addles the memory.  

But back OT, you do me wrong sir.  If I am wrong I tend to admit it.  Shinji springs to mind.  I was also wrong with Silva and Nacho but not in a good way unfortunately.

I hope I do change my mind on AP.

• Haha 1