Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 hour ago, 49er said:

Fair point, but it’s difficult to suggest that his performances to date have had a significant impact. We are in third thanks to the likes of Vardy, Ricardo, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Evans and Tielemans

it's a team game - we're in third and Perez has done his bit to put those guys in positions to get us there. he hasn't scored yet, no; but he's played a part in the goals of others

teams who have to carry useless players aren't sat in third. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
3 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

Cf in behind rondon right? 

He is a lot better than he looks for us , but he needs to be playing behind or alongside a big hefty striker and ours is playing for Monaco right now.

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, murphy said:

No, he played on the right.

Baclays-Premier-League-2018-19-Tactical-Analysis-Ayoze-Perez-1.thumb.jpg.393c0408f3792b1a5bf08060cac034a7.jpg

Heat map for the whole of last season:

Screenshot-2019-06-01-at-17_08_13.png.17463aae9a0ccbd61c68cc2a7de9a5a9.png

I didn't mean directly behind , he operated like an inside right not a winger , but Rondon's physical game gave him more space and goal opportunities.

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He really wasn’t awful yesterday.... he was pretty good and showed exactly why Rodgers likes him. His link up with Vardy was lovely, and he was responsible for some wonderful touches and flicks at time and heavily involved in some of that lovely interchangeable build up play in the first twenty or so minutes. He does need to step up in front of goal, but I like him, he gets into some lovely positions, which is enough evidence for me to suggest he is going to be a decent player.

We’re currently sat in third having lost two games, something is going right, so he can’t be as bad as some are suggesting. 

On my rewatch, he did very little wrong outside missing that big chance, he was just not very involved following the 25th minute ish

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thought he started off brightly today with some good interplay but ... thats where it stopped. It's as if he's forever in a '5 aside' training mode for me. Not out wide when it could be useful but running inside when there's no real chance of getting a pass and certainly goal shy. Whilst he tries and works hard, when it comes to any form of real end product, he flatters to deceive.

For me and for the time being, he's had his chance and how he starts ahead of Albrighton God only knows. It's about the betterment of the team as a whole and Albrighton, Gray and Barnes, for different reasons, should all be ahead of him for me.

Whilst I in someways understand and admire loyalty and giving players a good chance I feel he's had his whilst Albbrighton under Rodgers has been denied his. If it wasn't for his price tag and clearly at Rodger's  insistance that we bought him in the first place, I doubt very much we'd be seeing him on the field of play. There does now seem to be an implicit air of justification about his continued selection as opposed to inclusion on merit. My throw of the dice for him would be to play him against Burton with Vardy on the bench to see how he performs in that role. It would be a great opportunity for him to try his shooting boots out and potentially garner some confidence, should that be an issue whilst also letting us see if he's a potential decent replacement striker should Vardy need a rest or get injured later in the season.  Or perhaps, just accept,  for the time being at least, we have far better options.

How many people on this forum were crying out for him to start after the way he played against Liverpool?!? How many moaned that he should have started that game? The manager can’t win with our lot. 

Ive said this before about Brendan, he rewards good performances. He challenges his subs to go on and make a difference when they do they are often rewarded with a start.

Another example was Gray against Bournemouth, he came off of the bench and played excellently, so he started the next game. 

This is type of management keeps players motivated even when they’re on the bench because you’re never far away from a start. 

I do agree that the albrighton situation is is a little strange though, he doesn’t seem to be able to buy a start. I’m sure we will see him soon though

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

How many people on this forum were crying out for him to start after the way he played against Liverpool?!? How many moaned that he should have started that game? The manager can’t win with our lot. 

Ive said this before about Brendan, he rewards good performances. He challenges his subs to go on and make a difference when they do they are often rewarded with a start.

Another example was Gray against Bournemouth, he came off of the bench and played excellently, so he started the next game. 

This is type of management keeps players motivated even when they’re on the bench because you’re never far away from a start. 

I do agree that the albrighton situation is is a little strange though, he doesn’t seem to be able to buy a start. I’m sure we will see him soon though

I agree with the ethic but if we applied that to the letter of the law, I doubt Perez would have played anywhere near 10 games . In fact I would struggle to see him being picked at all. Contrary to that rule I do feel a run of games including poor performances is a better idea but in this case I just feel that he's had his fair share.

22 hours ago, murphy said:

Firstly, we don't have £50m left over from Maguire, we spent it on Tielemans, Perez and Justin.

Secondly, why didn't we just do that in the first place?

...Tielemans, Perez and Justin were purchased prior to the Maguire sale. If Maguire had not been sold, we would still have made the outlay for the aforementioned players.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Tielemans, Perez and Justin were purchased prior to the Maguire sale. If Maguire had not been sold, we would still have made the outlay for the aforementioned players.

lol I don't think it works like that.  It's quite naive to think that the money spent on those three was available as our transfer budget.  Probably spent on the promise of Maguire's fee at some stage.  If not this summer then within the next 12 months.

I think we have around £35m after wages etc.  Purchases can be structured over years but if we push the boat out beyond our means, we have to make up for it further down the line with a sale.  

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

lol I don't think it works like that.  It's quite naive to think that the money spent on those three was available as our transfer budget.  Probably spent on the promise of Maguire's fee at some stage.  If not this summer then within the next 12 months.

I think we have around £35m after wages etc.  Purchases can be structured over years but if we push the boat out beyond our means, we have to make up for it further down the line with a sale.  

...I understand that purchases are structured and likewise so are payments spread overtime!!!

Tilemans was our main target £40m and the need to cover the Right Back position going into a new season was paramount. The purchase of Perez was a surprise and the outlay was also not what you would envisage on a player no one was talking about. All these payments I would envisage will have been staggered, as clubs all work on the same ethos.

Going by your theory, the purchase of Tarkowski, Dunk or Lascelles was never on and hence the reason why we went with Soyuncu.

He’s an asset. I’d be comfortable with playing him up top if Vards got injured/suspended, he can play out on the right cutting in which allows Ricardo to cause havoc, or he could again play up front in a two if we play a diamond.

He probably isn’t a £30m player but he gives us options and is clearly talented.

• Like 1

He can get knocked off the ball too easily but he has shown some good footwork in tight spaces this match. But the main reason he was brought in is his goal scoring record. And I am thrilled he has delivered so far tonight. 

• Like 1