Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

Think about it for a second! You're watching your favorite team vs Manchester City, the fake blues, at home. The fans are all trying very hard to pronounce Caglar Soyuncu. The kid is disappointed and everyone including him is performing poorly because of it. Suddenly, you rush to the help of this young awesome player. You give him a boost like a case of Red Bull would do to you. Suddenly, Your favorite team turning the the Fake Blues into their original color, the Purple. Your team is up, and numbers on the scoreboard are moving like the sales in Amazon,com. on your favor. Imagine, it all happens just because you could pronounce Çağlar Söyün properly. You become the other hero. You reward yourself with a box of "Lokum," the turkish delight. Beware, consuming too much lokum takes your six packs away...no not your Budweiser, damn it!

29 minutes ago, TimT said:

Yes, it certainly does. Even though this may be minuscule, it provides a good pay check as well if you are employed by MI5, SIS (also known as MI6), NCA, GHCQ. Also, there are plenty of other opportunities in multi-national corporations which trade with or operate or would like to expand to the Turkish speaking regions particularly if you get familiar with various Turkish dialects that are spoken in the former USSR, and also countries like Iraq, and Iran where quiet a sizable of the populations speak Turkish due to being conquered and ruled by the former Turkish empires. Of course, the most important thing in being fluent in Turkish is that you get to pronounce  Çağlar Söyünproperly.

haha...boom! Thats whats called a 'comprehensive and informative answer'.

Tim - Im struggling with the "....which you also add a soft ğ which is likened to the sound of "gh" in weight, light. So the first syllabus would be pronounced as "Chagh

its the gh bit..can you do it phonetically?

1 hour ago, TimT said:

Yes, it certainly does. Even though this may be minuscule, it provides a good pay check as well if you are employed by MI5, SIS (also known as MI6), NCA, GHCQ. Also, there are plenty of other opportunities in multi-national corporations which trade with or operate or would like to expand to the Turkish speaking regions particularly if you get familiar with various Turkish dialects that are spoken in the former USSR, and also countries like Iraq, and Iran where quiet a sizable of the populations speak Turkish due to being conquered and ruled by the former Turkish empires. Of course, the most important thing in being fluent in Turkish is that you get to pronounce  Çağlar Söyünproperly.

Not forgetting becoming a Steward on Turkish Airlines...…...

For the soft g (ğ) pronunciation, it's somewhere between "gay" and "hey." I think the word "gay" is probably one of the best examples. Just don't put too much stress on the (g), like saying "Good!"and "Goal!"  in a reactionary tone. That's all.  

Çağlar = Chag-lar

yüncü = Si(r)-yewn-je(w)

Edited by TimT

8 minutes ago, TimT said:

For the soft g (ğ) pronunciation, it's somewhere between "gay" and "hey." I think the word "gay" is probably one of the best examples. Just don't put too much stress on the (g), like saying "Good!"and "Goal!"  in a reactionary tone. That's all.  

Çağlar = Chag-lar

yüncü = Si(r)-yewn-je(w)

I'm with Souness on this one.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TimT said:

Çağlar = Chag-lar

yüncü = Si(r)-yewn-je(w)

I put /explained the above ( in) twice..shorty after he signed... But never mind...the best ideas..or..

iyi fikirler  co`gu zaman kaybolur.....

In my broken-turkish.   (I think)

Just of note..I delibrately asked 4 Turkish men & 2 Turkish women exactly this question,suddenly there were

Another 10 Turks around our table,und they all  differed on a certain twist on the correctness of the accent...

Explaining & all agreeiing it depends on their Region of origin..and how various English/German Accent would get near,or be well

Off target...according to who they are speaking to..

Edited by fuchsntf

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Was there not a video when he first joined of him pronouncing his name? I'm sure it was on twitter? 

There was, from what I remember the video was him on the right side of the screen and a very confused looking old bloke in a suit with a clipboard on the left, and I swear Soyuncu said it as "Chalagh Shoonch" (or similar)

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'm trying very hard to read this but to my eyes it just looks like this:

fslskejrk sidhfkjhskd kjhsd  skdhfkjhs khsd kjskdh kjoqr  ushdf kuhiusf jusgdjfuyg kkjgd  gjdhfg hgd hgdf  dhgf hg dug dfhg  hgdf dug dfhg hd hd geo  kjef pdo

That's Turkish, mate. :ph34r:

On 28/09/2019 at 07:33, ThaiFox said:

Love to think our players would see through this, but money and having a 'big club' on your CV seems to turn heads very quickly.

Even with us winning the P/L Kante cleared off as soon as an offer came in from a 'big club', and they didn't even qualify for the P/L that season, and Vardy could well have too if Arsenal had guaranteed him a regular starting slot. 

Maguire has swapped an ambitious, forward thinking club, for a club with inferior players and an out of his depth manager who will be lucky to see the season through. Maguire was top dog here too, but is now just another player in the worst ever Man Utd P/L team. Drinkwater did the same and he's now on loan at Burnley. There are countless examples of players at decent clubs swapping them for big money moves to 'big clubs' then fading into oblivion. 

If players think the grass is greener, or want to leave, just let them go. Because if you don't you end up with what Spuds are going through. A bunch of unsettled players and poor team spirit.

❤️❤️

10 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Chap near me v Tottenham pronounced it Cougar Sancho

😂🙈

Lobbing strikers in his own half, Cruyff turns in his own box, snuffing out breakaways in the opposition half, digging the physio, hurting his teammates for giggles, cavalier hairdo, Farquaad chin. What a guy!

The scenes when he bags one from a corner are going to be absolutely immense.

• Like 4