Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Benkovic looks absolutely class as well. Think he'll probably need a season to get up to the speed of the league and probably tack on a bit more mass. He looks super composed and seems to rarely lose a duel. They're looking like a couple of class buys.

Yeah, any time I've saw him, he looked almost bored. Never seems to panic and I think that's down to not being caught out of position too often. 

We have a huge luxury in that we dont need to heap pressure on him to be first team ready whilst Evan's is fit as he's still (probably) first defender on the team sheet but slowly introducing Big Ben in his place makes sense long term. 

13 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Humble Pie all those doubters?  Thank God we did not waste 50m on a Brighton or Burnley cart-horse.

Two weeks running with this ego stroking bobbins. 

Sure, it should be humble pie for anyone saying he would be shit based on minimal game time, but they'll be the same people who stank out Saturday's match thread, and these are people continuing to 'support' their team by claiming every time we concede that we're bottom six material and explaining what they'd rather being doing with their weekends. Water off a dicks back to them.

Humbe pie for anyone pointing out we're an injury to Evans (or Caglar) from looking very exposed?

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Sure, it should be humble pie for anyone saying he would be shit based on minimal game time, but they'll be the same people who stank out Saturday's match thread, and these are people about continuing to 'support' their team by claiming every time we concede that we're bottom six material and explaining what they'd rather being doing with their weekends. Water off a dicks back to them.

Humbe pie for anyone pointing out we're an injury to Evans (or Caglar) from looking very exposed? 

I tend to find that negative reactionaries are rarely humble, nor good at admitting they were wrong.

• Like 1

I think we need to not get carried away, at the moment its working, but I can pick out several moments yesterday he was caught out of position, especially at the start of the game almost one after the other. 

His passing and composure has been second to none & I am really happy with how he has started, but I do have a question mark over his incessant desire to come flying out of the back line several times per game, hopefully it gets coached out of him. 

Agree with many that I am glad we didn't spend £50m on a new CB, but we certainly could have done with spending it on some wide players, we are trapped into playing 4-1-2-1-2 narrow now as our wide players are just not up to scratch.  

On 17/08/2019 at 14:46, Paddy. said:

"He’s been a bit rash in the past but he has many of the same attributes I had when I was young, and I think he’s given himself a tremendous start.”

Think Gerry is rewriting history a bit here lol

Agreed, I don't think the words 'passing' and 'Gerry Taggart' have ever appeared in the same sentence unless intersected by 'not'

• Haha 1

There was no need to spend £50 million on a CB, as I and many others said. Caglar is quality and will become an absolute beast in our back line. 

However he will make the odd mistake, just as Ndidi contrived yesterday. People will jump on him for it, but it does not mean he is shit. At 23 he’s young, has pace to burn, confidence and skill. Might be a season or two before we see the absolute best of him, but I am damn sure he will end up sensational. For now I am happy to tag along on his journey, with all the ups and downs that will inevitably entail. 

• Like 1

While Maguire is clearly much better right now, I like the way Soyuncu plays the game. It appears easy for him.

With Maguire, I think it's less of natural ability and a lot of work to get to the top. He doesn't have that aura about him where he looks perfectly in control and I think that's what has led to pundits and other team's supporters believe that he's not worth the 85m.

Soyuncu looks like he could play in his slippers, he's got a great deal of grace to his game whereas Maguire is much more workmanlike.

The big trouble with Soyuncu for me is that he looks like he's got a disaster up his sleeve whereas I was always perfectly comfortable with Maguire. Suppose that will come in time, Maguire had me shitting myself numerous times in his first 10 or so games.

Was nice to see he has "the ping" in his locker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Sure, it should be humble pie for anyone saying he would be shit based on minimal game time, but they'll be the same people who stank out Saturday's match thread, and these are people continuing to 'support' their team by claiming every time we concede that we're bottom six material and explaining what they'd rather being doing with their weekends. Water off a dicks back to them.

Chortle ! 

• Haha 1

For someone who allegedly couldn't speak English he seems to be pretty vocal on the pitch which is good to see. You can tell he really wants to win and has that desire in him. Like any young player he will make mistakes sooner or later which we will have to ride out but I really like him. I suspect having Kolo around has really helped him a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

ego stroking bobbins. 

he would be shit based on minimal game time

they'll be the same people who stank out Saturday's match thread

Water off a dicks back to them.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I tend to find that negative reactionaries are rarely humble

I do love how you raise the tone from the more 'common' football language that we normally see Peaky ...   :D

Negative reactionaries ...   I'm going to get that one in down the pub tonight at the first opportunity ...   

Mate ...   "This pint doesn't taste good" ..

Me ...       " You're a fvckin negative reactionary w@nker !" ...     :) 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I do love how you raise the tone from the more 'common' football language that we normally see Peaky ...   :D

Negative reactionaries ...   I'm going to get that one in down the pub tonight at the first opportunity ...   

Mate ...   "This pint doesn't taste good" ..

Me ...       " You're a fvckin negative reactionary w@nker !" ...     :) 

For my part, I feel somewhat traduced by your judicious editorialising of my post. You bawbag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He produced a lovely bit of skill in the second half when penned into a corner, there doesn't appear to be any replays of it, but he certainly has some tricks up his sleeve. 

Also, can we get a new chant for him..... The Harry Maguire one seems a bit daft. 

Edited by Pliskin

1 hour ago, L3n9a said:

I think we need to not get carried away, at the moment its working, but I can pick out several moments yesterday he was caught out of position, especially at the start of the game almost one after the other. 

His passing and composure has been second to none & I am really happy with how he has started, but I do have a question mark over his incessant desire to come flying out of the back line several times per game, hopefully it gets coached out of him. 

Agree with many that I am glad we didn't spend £50m on a new CB, but we certainly could have done with spending it on some wide players, we are trapped into playing 4-1-2-1-2 narrow now as our wide players are just not up to scratch.  

Yes let's write off our wide players after two games against teams who finished higher than us last season.:doh:

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He produced a lovely bit of skill in the second half when penned into a corner, there doesn't appear to be any replays of it, but he certainly has some tricks up his sleeve. 

Also, can we get a new chant for him..... The Harry Maguire one seems a bit daft. 

There's a Gif of it back on about p3 I think it was :). 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I tend to find that negative reactionaries are rarely humble, nor good at admitting they were wrong.

Can you get a negative reactionary?  Reactionaries just react.

This whole thread is reactionary but positively so.  He has done well and allayed pre-season concerns but some of these comments are OTT which makes me nervous.

I think that all of these positive reactionaries will become negative reactionaries at the first whiff of trouble.  That's what a reactionary does.

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

While Maguire is clearly much better right now, I like the way Soyuncu plays the game. It appears easy for him.

With Maguire, I think it's less of natural ability and a lot of work to get to the top. He doesn't have that aura about him where he looks perfectly in control and I think that's what has led to pundits and other team's supporters believe that he's not worth the 85m.

Soyuncu looks like he could play in his slippers, he's got a great deal of grace to his game whereas Maguire is much more workmanlike.

The big trouble with Soyuncu for me is that he looks like he's got a disaster up his sleeve whereas I was always perfectly comfortable with Maguire. Suppose that will come in time, Maguire had me shitting myself numerous times in his first 10 or so games.

Was nice to see he has "the ping" in his locker.

I think you're bending the truth a bit there.... 

Most games he got the ball knocked past him because he has the turning circle of continental drift, cags is no more or a liability than maguire or wes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Yes let's write off our wide players after two games against teams who finished higher than us last season.:doh:

I'm not writing them off after two games. Go and look at their stats over the last 3 seasons and then come back to me with your facepalm. :facepalm::facepalm:

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I think you're bending the truth a bit there.... 

Most games he got the ball knocked past him because he has the turning circle of continental drift, cags is no more or a liability than maguire or wes

I think Maguire is one of the most comfortable defenders with the ball at his feet in the league, probably even the world.

Definitely doens't get caught for lack of pace that often.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

I'm not writing them off after two games. Go and look at their stats over the last 3 seasons and then come back to me with your facepalm. :facepalm::facepalm:

Perez has only just joined, Barnes is still young, these are most likely our wide players this season with Albrighton getting a few minutes in some games.

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

NEW CHANT NEEDED URGENTLY !!

GET TO IT !

Calm down calm down, there was a good one last weekend that will be on show in the Sheff Utd concourse this weekend :thumbup:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

Can you get a negative reactionary?  Reactionaries just react.

This whole thread is reactionary but positively so.  He has done well and allayed pre-season concerns but some of these comments are OTT which makes me nervous.

I think that all of these positive reactionaries will become negative reactionaries at the first whiff of trouble.  That's what a reactionary does.

I was referring more to a certain section of our fanbase, who only appear when they have a complaint.