Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

He’s doing great and I’m very happy to have him as Maguire’s replacement, but having said that I think we’d be kidding ourselves if we didn’t acknowledge that we do miss the extra aerial ability that Maguire brought.

Hey, he got an assist on a header! lol

Both Soyuncu and Evans are decent in the air, not exceptional.  I think an eventual Soyuncu-Benkovic partnership will cover a lot of bases.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

Hard to tell who was to blame for their goal but we were all over the place.

Both Soyuncu and Evans jumped for the ball, but McBeardy-Boatface got in between them and it was a simple header for him. I agree we were in disarray when the cross came in.

Maybe it's this zonal marking system we are using? But it looked to me that either, or both, were at fault.

Going back to Soyuncu, his heading is one thing that he has to improve on. His footwork seems pretty assured, apart from the odd lapse, and his positioning and reading of the game looks good too. It's promising, but early days. The fact he has a pit of pace helps too, so refreshing from the Morgan, Maguire, Huth parings.

Hats off to Morgan's cameo on Saturday. He threw himself into the game and made several really good blocks and challenges. Now there's a real cult hero!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frost said:

Can't believe we're not discussing his assist at the weekend. What a well placed header, Barnes just had an easy finish after that.

Turkish Prince.

Yeah. I've watched that goal at least 20 times. Most CB's would have gone for goal, and missed. The assist was brilliant.

23 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The ball was well flighted,it went over

Fuchs & Soyu's head.I don't believe we were in disarray, Attacking teams are allowed to get a good movement in a game...We could say Evans or a midfielder should of blocked the run..

To take these individual moments ,and use it as a major error that demeans the defences whole performance,is IMO OTT.

It's a footballing moment,and the CBs had covered their man,but he came in on the run.

We could say,we should of stopped the cross,or the player should not be allowed to get into that crossing position...Sometimes there are good moments in football,and well done Sheffield utd...Dissecting every mishap,and looking for blame..

Let Rodgers think about that...because I won't use every goal to demean our general play...Home teams will have those pressure periods..some will score some won't,but this goal IMO was not a 

error where Fuchs or Soyu,could do much about,the flight took it well over their heads..

Taking pressure,like we have in these 3 different tactical games,has actually shown,we have a defence/Bline that is 

we'll set up,and prepared.

Periera,is IMO the weakest when running back,but he also puts in some top tackles...

If this defensive group,concedes less,and hold their line,with shown improvement,over past seasons,& gives us a solid platform..That will do me.

I do the adding up not after 1 or 4 games,but over 3-4 periods over the season, then tot up at the EOS.

Let the season get underway,patience time,and see what tweeks ,and changes we will make,for various games,and when we have advanced into the season!!..

Some good points.

Having watching it again, I still think when the cross was floated in both Evans or Soyuncu were struggling to cover. It could be zonal marking, it could be ball watching rather than watching their players, it could be that we just weren't positive enough in that situation, it could be just a brilliant cross that no defense could deal with. It could be a combination of two, or all of these factors.

I thought Ricardo's tackling back was excellent in this match. By far his best defensive performance this season.

I'm really pleased Soyuncu has stepped up into what is a difficult situation after Maguire's departure. His reading of the game is good, his ground work is usually excellent, accept for the odd stray pass, but his heading is his biggest weakness currently, and I agree Maguire was far better in those situations.

Soyuncu has improved no end since the odd games he played last season. This could be because he knows he retains his place in the side if he plays well, rather than last season where he'd be out when others returned, even if he played well. This must be a huge confidence boost for him.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I never realised that this happened until watching the extended highlights - when Barnes scored and the Leicester players are celebrating a Sheff Utd  fan comes on trying to attack the players. All of them ignore him (Perez even looks a little frightened)  but you can see Soyuncu going to offer him out at about 13:23 lol

Man's Was MkII 

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1324381/sheffield-united-1-leicester-city-2

I actually thought that fan caught Barnes above the eye. You can see Barnes touching his brow and checking his hand as he walks away. Nothing much was said about it though. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

I never realised that this happened until watching the extended highlights - when Barnes scored and the Leicester players are celebrating a Sheff Utd  fan comes on trying to attack the players. All of them ignore him (Perez even looks a little frightened)  but you can see Soyuncu going to offer him out at about 13:23 lol

Man's Was MkII 

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1324381/sheffield-united-1-leicester-city-2

That’s a Leicester fan isn’t it?

On 26/08/2019 at 05:36, WigstonWanderer said:

He’s doing great and I’m very happy to have him as Maguire’s replacement, but having said that I think we’d be kidding ourselves if we didn’t acknowledge that we do miss the extra aerial ability that Maguire brought.

Whilst that is true, we also have to acknowledge that Soyuncu brings a new dimension to our defence with his incredible pace. Jota for example would have scored against us were it not for his incredible tracking back in the firsts game, and because we so often play with a high line, his pace is a serious asset for us now, at least as important as Maguire's aerial prescence was for us.

On 26/08/2019 at 10:42, fuchsntf said:

The ball was well flighted,it went over

Fuchs & Soyu's head.I don't believe we were in disarray, Attacking teams are allowed to get a good movement in a game...We could say Evans or a midfielder should of blocked the run..

To take these individual moments ,and use it as a major error that demeans the defences whole performance,is IMO OTT.

It's a footballing moment,and the CBs had covered their man,but he came in on the run.

We could say,we should of stopped the cross,or the player should not be allowed to get into that crossing position...Sometimes there are good moments in football,and well done Sheffield utd...Dissecting every mishap,and looking for blame..

Let Rodgers think about that...because I won't use every goal to demean our general play...Home teams will have those pressure periods..some will score some won't,but this goal IMO was not a 

error where Fuchs or Soyu,could do much about,the flight took it well over their heads..

Taking pressure,like we have in these 3 different tactical games,has actually shown,we have a defence/Bline that is 

we'll set up,and prepared.

Periera,is IMO the weakest when running back,but he also puts in some top tackles...

If this defensive group,concedes less,and hold their line,with shown improvement,over past seasons,& gives us a solid platform..That will do me.

I do the adding up not after 1 or 4 games,but over 3-4 periods over the season, then tot up at the EOS.

Let the season get underway,patience time,and see what tweeks ,and changes we will make,for various games,and when we have advanced into the season!!..

I agree with most of this, but whilst Pereira's tracking back may not be as good as the CBs, you have to take into account that he's often pushed very far forward, and also when he's in position he's very good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Whilst that is true, we also have to acknowledge that Soyuncu brings a new dimension to our defence with his incredible pace. Jota for example would have scored against us were it not for his incredible tracking back in the firsts game, and because we so often play with a high line, his pace is a serious asset for us now, at least as important as Maguire's aerial prescence was for us.

I agree with most of this, but whilst Pereira's tracking back may not be as good as the CBs, you have to take into account that he's often pushed very far forward, and also when he's in position he's very good. 

Yes I meant to mention that, but forgot (old age)

• Like 1

We HAVE to ditch the ridiculous twattish embarrassing ending to Cags song,  the beginning is now fine, not singing Slabs name as much but that end, really ????  an alternative ?   "and he`s ****ing rapid"   Yep that works and it has the vital swear word everyone loves to sing :-)

• Like 3