urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

28 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Have you got a clip of that Cruyff turn from the Wolves match ??

• Like 1

He is only 23 aswell. At the same age Maguire was not needed by Hull and sent on loan to Wigan in the Championship. I think he could be a really good centre back. 

He was superb today. You get the feeling he has been told to not gamble on winning the ball and surging forward as much as he used to as he now takes calculated risks. At 23 he has plenty of improvement ahead but this guy looks different class.

• Like 1

Humble Pie all those doubters?  Thank God we did not waste 50m on a Brighton or Burnley cart-horse.

• Like 3

Caglar is quality. Still dives in a bit. Makes the odd rash decision, but he’s as good as Maguire when we signed him and I have no doubt he’ll be better. The Benkovic in alongside and we’ll have probably the best CB pairing in world football - until someone buys them obviously. 

• Like 2

he will give pretty much every fan and player a heart attack at some point this season, man looks so relaxed when strikers are charging at him. love it. 

• Like 2

Who would have thought that it would be the midfield we are concerned with rather than the defense in pre season 

He was imperious today. I'd shake his hand but he'd likely crush it!

His YouTube video when we signed him was very impressive. I'm really pleased he's had such a great start to the season. He'll make the odd mistake but he's a real presence and his pace is welcome. Harry who? 

22 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I wonder if he likes his new chant? :rolleyes:

When Pedro was down second half when we were waiting to take the corner, Hamza stood there listening to it with a big grin on his face 🤣👍😂

I think all of this OTT praise is due to the relief that he isn't shit.

Not bad today, valuable experience, but we were carved open at will in the first fifteen.

Edited by murphy

53 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I feel ashamed that I doubted him, he looks superb, Utd must be looking at him thinking that maybe the went for the wrong player. 

Great post. Well done for your admission.

• Like 1