Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I've posted multiple times that he's a disaster waiting to happen.

But, I'm hugely encouraged by today. 

I like players who take their chance. He desperately needed confidence and he's building it now. Keep on keeping on, sunshine

tbh you can say that about a number of our players.....not just CS

the lad has shown why we spent £19mi on him, hes looked brilliant these first couple of games

• Like 1

Thought he was all over the place first 10, he wasn't alone admittedly but was dragged all over the place. Best thing I've noticed is he doesn't seem phased if he makes a mistake, calm and collected. See his personality coming out more and more as well with his confidence growing. 

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think all of this OTT praise is due to the relief that he isn't shit.

Not bad today, valuable experience, but we were carved open at will in the first fifteen.

Rubbish. He was never shit but filling Maguire boots is a big task. He’s doing it well. There will be mistakes, but this guy is mustard. How far have we come to be disappointed with a result like this at Chelsea. We are a damn good side. 

• Like 1

He wasn't flash (Harry!) out there today but he did his job.

It was disappointing that Maguire left but Cags looks more than comfortable out there.

Considering its European standard oppostion he has faced the last 2 games plus Atlanta he (and us) can be fairly happy with how he has played.

If it was Harry playing like that you would be delighted. For someone a quarter of the price to slot in is most pleasing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Sounness actually picked him out for praise today 

I was actually shocked how much praise he gave us.

Was worried how Soyuncu would fair against Giroud, especially when Giroud picked him to sit on. But he looked incredibly solid against him. 

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

We really need to bin that Harry Maguire/Soyuncu chant. It's so strange

I didn’t sing the maguire bit ..... I can’t see the point in singing about a player who isnt at the club. ...... I will face numerous questions at work tomorrow about why we are singing about him ...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

'Rons' wow that takes me back, is it still there? Remember going for a haircut on the day we were in the cup final against Man City early on, the town was almost deserted!

It's been a long while (maybe 10 years) but I think it still exists. If it doesn't I don't want to know.

At the recent Mod exhibition on New Walk there were references to them visiting Ron's in the late 50's/early 60's, and the hairstyles etc.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think all of this OTT praise is due to the relief that he isn't shit.

Not bad today, valuable experience, but we were carved open at will in the first fifteen.

We were carved open, but that was as much to do with the whole team not being at the races to start off with, you can't pin that on Cags. I watched the 2nd half on Sky and I couldn't believe hoe good he was. If Maguire had headed some of those clearances we would be singing his praises no end. To add to that I think Cags has much better qualities on the ball. Will he get caught out from time to time, yes. But I felt more nervous about Ricardo than I Cags today, so that is a biig statement.

Only the second game in, but he has shown me enough to believe we have done well out of selling slabhead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

He was superb today. You get the feeling he has been told to not gamble on winning the ball and surging forward as much as he used to as he now takes calculated risks. At 23 he has plenty of improvement ahead but this guy looks different class.

Kolo Toure. He's worked with him constantly this summer.

• Like 3

His pace is so impressive, what we've lost in Maguire's ability carry the ball forward we have gained in Soyuncu's ability to snuff out balls in behind us and he's also composed and talented on the ball. Star in the making for us and I'm so thankful Burnley asked for half a billion for Tarkowski.

• Like 1