Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

57 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The bizarre thing about the new chant is that we had a perfectly good one going last week.

And you could swap Harry Maguire for Caglar Soynucu rather easily.

Just like in the starting XI. :ph34r:

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Rubbish. He was never shit but filling Maguire boots is a big task. He’s doing it well. There will be mistakes, but this guy is mustard. How far have we come to be disappointed with a result like this at Chelsea. We are a damn good side. 

Yes I know.  I just said that.

Calm down.

This is all working out very nicely in defense, Fuchs was certainly better covered by CS than he would have been by the old fella, just because of Caglars pace.

Still think we have lost a little in the air, but the speedy cover is a massive plus. Delighted for him, and for the club as a whole.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

His pace is so impressive, what we've lost in Maguire's ability carry the ball forward we have gained in Soyuncu's ability to snuff out balls in behind us and he's also composed and talented on the ball. Star in the making for us and I'm so thankful Burnley asked for half a billion for Tarkowski.

Spot on - that's the thing that really impresses me about him - his pace and composure on the ball.  There can't be many quicker centre backs in the division

I haven't seen much discussion of it, but I also liked how vocal Soyuncu was yesterday.  Nothing deferential in his behavior - he was giving his vocal chords a good workout keeping things organized.

He has all the pieces, really, to be a top-level defender.  A bit too cheeky in possession sometimes, and that's going to bite him once in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Only one choice for his song really

Chaglar plays in Leicester Blue

Leicester Blue, Leicester Blue

Head the size of a canoe

down on Filbert Way

Runs down Wolves, Soyuncu

then he clowns Pulisic too,

who remembers Harry Who?

down on Filbert Way

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Definitely a player who could easily be a 'legend' at the club, if his performances carry on and leads the club to cup success etc.

Also definitely need an emoji for him, given his ever-growing popularity on here.

@Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo:please:

Sorry I hardly ever have time to make these any more, I can only make them at work. I do love the old Soy bean though so I will make one when I get the opportunity

• Like 1

He definitely still looks like he's got the odd howler of a mistake in him but over all, I feel rather silly worrying about whether or not he would be able to take the step up. 

It would be topped off nicely if, over the course of the season Benkovic steps up and forces Evans out the team with good performances. 

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He definitely still looks like he's got the odd howler of a mistake in him but over all, I feel rather silly worrying about whether or not he would be able to take the step up. 

It would be topped off nicely if, over the course of the season Benkovic steps up and forces Evans out the team with good performances. 

Benkovic looks absolutely class as well. Think he'll probably need a season to get up to the speed of the league and probably tack on a bit more mass. He looks super composed and seems to rarely lose a duel. They're looking like a couple of class buys.

• Like 1