Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Glad you found that...it proves again he has the skills & quality..Proves again one just has to have the patience and see how players develope....Not to make early scathing remarks or statements,before a player has at least 

Half a season  of same club genuine game-time...

How early some  posters react,makes me feel sorry for their partners....5 minutes,and it's all over..!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Can you get a negative reactionary?  Reactionaries just react.

This whole thread is reactionary but positively so.  He has done well and allayed pre-season concerns but some of these comments are OTT which makes me nervous.

I think that all of these positive reactionaries will become negative reactionaries at the first whiff of trouble.  That's what a reactionary does.

Got it.

51 minutes ago, murphy said:

Can you get a negative reactionary?  Reactionaries just react.

This whole thread is reactionary but positively so.  He has done well and allayed pre-season concerns but some of these comments are OTT which makes me nervous.

I think that all of these positive reactionaries will become negative reactionaries at the first whiff of trouble.  That's what a reactionary does.

I for one,stay calm,cool and collected,

I am never reactionary,I just bring varying opinions & thoughts,nothing reactionary....

In fact I believe at the beginning,middle,and even for experienced periods,one supports and encourages the player behind the badge.

It's football,only the refs and opposing fans are rubbish...

Now in Politics,both Corbyn and Boris are abysmal,horrendous and crap,but never a man with a Foxes badge on his shirt..!!   Now that just might be reactionary..!!:frantics:

24 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Got it.

Don't be facetious.

Perhaps I should have put positive or negative in inverted commas for you but I'm quite sure that you do indeed get it.

The point is that reactionaries react, positively or negatively to a given circumstance.

I think the guy is great...the skill bit in the corner made me laugh when watching it in the game....what a cheeky f**ker!

I also loved how he was hugging Big Wes in the goal celebration...looked like there's no hard feelings there. Also Madders and Chilly taking the piss out of his hair on Football Focus. Sounds like he's one of the boys.

Also, for someone with limited English? he was certainly very vocal during the game...great passion. 

Harry who??!!:ph34r:

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

While Maguire is clearly much better right now, I like the way Soyuncu plays the game. It appears easy for him.

With Maguire, I think it's less of natural ability and a lot of work to get to the top. He doesn't have that aura about him where he looks perfectly in control and I think that's what has led to pundits and other team's supporters believe that he's not worth the 85m.

Soyuncu looks like he could play in his slippers, he's got a great deal of grace to his game whereas Maguire is much more workmanlike.

The big trouble with Soyuncu for me is that he looks like he's got a disaster up his sleeve whereas I was always perfectly comfortable with Maguire. Suppose that will come in time, Maguire had me shitting myself numerous times in his first 10 or so games.

Was nice to see he has "the ping" in his locker.

I didn’t feel comfortable with Maguire straight away, when he started playing for England the same - he looked Nervous and uncomfortable. But that faded and barring the odd mistake (Like with ALL players) Maguire has been superb for us and Country. Will be for Yanited too. 

Likewise with Soyuncu I get the feeling in time we’ll see more bad than good and that class and ability will be at consistent level we’ll need to push on. 

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

I didn’t feel comfortable with Maguire straight away, when he started playing for England the same - he looked Nervous and uncomfortable. But that faded and barring the odd mistake (Like with ALL players) Maguire has been superb for us and Country. Will be for Yanited too. 

Likewise with Soyuncu I get the feeling in time we’ll see more bad than good and that class and ability will be at consistent level we’ll need to push on. 

Yeah same, easy to forget that Cags is also very young and probably not great at English yet.

38 minutes ago, murphy said:

Don't be facetious.

Perhaps I should have put positive or negative in inverted commas for you but I'm quite sure that you do indeed get it.

The point is that reactionaries react, positively or negatively to a given circumstance.

Yes I did get it, as evinced by my use of the words 'got it'.

So yes, I got it, but it's ridiculous. No-one uses the phrase 'reactionary' to describe someone who has just had a positive reaction to something (certainly not based on a reaction to an incident in a football game). The word isn't 'tied' immutably to the verb. 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Yes I did get it, as evinced by my use of the words 'got it'.

So yes, I got it, but it's ridiculous. No-one uses the phrase 'reactionary' to describe someone who has just had a positive reaction to something (certainly not based on a reaction to an incident in a football game). The word isn't 'tied' immutably to the verb. 

Well That was kinda my point.  I think that some of the posts on this thread are reactionary in a positive way to the two performances we've seen, not measured and I think  for that reason those same people might turn quickly.

Anyway, it is very pleasing to see him taking his opportunity.  

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well That was kinda my point.  I think that some of the posts on this thread are reactionary in a positive way to the two performances we've seen, not measured and I think  for that reason those same people might turn quickly.

Anyway, it is very pleasing to see him taking his opportunity.  

'Reactionary' means deeply conservative in outlook and opposed to progress - you can't really be reactionary in a positive way. I think the word you're probably looking for is 'reactive'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I think you're bending the truth a bit there.... 

Most games he got the ball knocked past him because he has the turning circle of continental drift, cags is no more or a liability than maguire or wes

The last two games have been good, but anyone with that viewpoint is pretty entitled considering his performances last season. The club by their own admission wanted another CB after Maguire went. So it's safe to say they were also a bit nervous about who we had, and that comes from Soyuncu making bad errors in each game he played. 

As I said last season, he was 95% Bobby Moore, 5% Bobby Davro in games, letting himself down with bad bad errors. If he cut out those errors (which it looks like he might so far, but it's very early) then we have a player. But the errors stood out against those Maguire made, or Wes made as they were catastrophic ones caused by really poor decision making. Not, "he's a bit of a lump and slow" or "his positioning was a bit off" type errors. 

If he steps up then we are laughing as the Maguire money fixes a Vardy shaped hole up front in the next 12 to 18 months. 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

'Reactionary' means deeply conservative in outlook and opposed to progress - you can't really be reactionary in a positive way. I think the word you're probably looking for is 'reactive'. 

Given the 'not measured' comment, and in terms of noun, I think it's even closer to 'naif'.

Ooooh, I bet everyone else is loving this

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KFS said:

I really like the look of this guy. The sort of player you build a team around for many years. Him and Benkovic are going to be a stonking partnership.

Depends...if We get £120 mil for him...!!

Naaaa he will want to go down in our History....!!! Pure delight. and feet as fleet as a flying carpet....just the Hair worst than the swirling derviches!!!

Ps: I used to have my Hair like that..butt I was cool..:cool:

Edited by fuchsntf

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The last two games have been good, but anyone with that viewpoint is pretty entitled considering his performances last season. The club by their own admission wanted another CB after Maguire went. So it's safe to say they were also a bit nervous about who we had, and that comes from Soyuncu making bad errors in each game he played. 

Perhaps that is why we had both Ndidi and Hamza in the side against Wolves as they weren't 100% sure if more protection was needed for the back four or not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected.