Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What?

He's a journalist in the national media praising how much of a cult hero Soyuncu could become.

Exactly what you want lol 

Yeah I know, you're absolutely right, but i've always been a bit choosy!

Percy is too 'easy', he's almost one of our own, if you like.

I want one of those lazy big-six-obsessed journos/pundits/gobshites to see the light and give us some credit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

A question?

Has anyone actually read or heard anything in the national media that reports - or even touches on - what a potentially excellent Maguire replacement Soyuncu is?

I haven't.

Listening to the Utd-Wolves game earlier, I believe Arlo White mentioned, in reference to Harry Maguire, that it was a bit like 'Harry who?' at Leicester after Soyuncu's performances in the last couple of games.

I believe Arlo is from Leicester as well though, so I guess he'd be more likely to mention something of the sort than some other commentators.

Interestingly one of his summarisers for tonight's game was FT villain of the moment Chris Sutton. Sutton's silence on Arlo's little nugget of information about Leicester was also quite interesting, although perhaps I'm just stirring the pot there!

4 hours ago, Hammo said:

A question?

Has anyone actually read or heard anything in the national media that reports - or even touches on - what a potentially excellent Maguire replacement Soyuncu is?

I haven't.

He's in Garth Crooks "team of the week". This is what he has to say about him:

Caglar Soyuncu: He saw off Olivier Giroud, then Tammy Abraham; Willian then came on, thought about it and didn't fancy it. Caglar Soyuncu was clearly punching above his weight but that never seemed to bother him.

Leicester City's centre-back out-battled and out-fought Chelsea's big guns and both were sent packing by the Turkish international. This kid has a real battling spirit and I liked it.

Did you know? Soyuncu attempted 13 more passes than any other Leicester player in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49388521

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I believe Arlo (White) is from Leicester

He is indeed and he's also one of us.

We played football against each other at school level then many years later ended up in the same profession (him far more successful but deservedly so as he's effortlessly brilliant - and he's a great bloke to boot)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We played football against each other at school level then many years later ended up in the same profession (him far more successful but deservedly so as he's effortlessly brilliant - and he's a great bloke to boot)

Do I remember right that he ended up with the NBC Premier League gig after relocating to the US to announce NFL games back to the UK?

Anyway, he's our gain in the US.  I massively enjoy his and Lee Dixon's work on the NBC PL matches.  Mustoe and Earle are decent in the studio too.  What I read on here about the pundits on Sky and BBC makes me wonder how good broadcasting talent ends up educating Americans, while alcoholic ex-players clog the UK airwaves.

EDIT:  @UpTheLeagueFox  spill the beans, Mr Peters.  Who was the better footballer, you or Arlo?

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 3

The LCFC social media department seem to be making a huge fuss of him and I love it. Stoking up this folk hero status is important, we knew there was a player in there and circumstances are now affording us to see him progress. Its early days but I'm fully confident he will be superb for us.

9 hours ago, Hammo said:

Yeah I know, you're absolutely right, but i've always been a bit choosy!

Percy is too 'easy', he's almost one of our own, if you like.

I want one of those lazy big-six-obsessed journos/pundits/gobshites to see the light and give us some credit.

Why, so they can then start their Campaign for him to go to a "bigger" club more deserving of his talent. Happy for him to stay under the radar as long as possible thanks! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Do I remember right that he ended up with the NBC Premier League gig after relocating to the US to announce NFL games back to the UK?

Anyway, he's our gain in the US.  I massively enjoy his and Lee Dixon's work on the NBC PL matches.  Mustoe and Earle are decent in the studio too.  What I read on here about the pundits on Sky and BBC makes me wonder how good broadcasting talent ends up educating Americans, while alcoholic ex-players clog the UK airwaves.

The Ex-pros like Merson wouldn’t cut it over in the States. Talking absolute drivel pre and post match. They’re in the comfort zone of a ‘jobs for the boys’ environment. Unfortunately we’re stuck with them until the next generation take over.

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The LCFC social media department seem to be making a huge fuss of him and I love it. Stoking up this folk hero status is important, we knew there was a player in there and circumstances are now affording us to see him progress. Its early days but I'm fully confident he will be superb for us.

Good Lord. 

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

Are they all based out there or is there a studio in London they use? 

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

If we don’t have Arlo commentating, I watch our games in silence quite honestly.    

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You guys are living a dream of mine. I'd love to write and broadcast about sport, and football specifically, for a living. Keep up the great work :scarf:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Are they all based out there or is there a studio in London they use? 

I know the NBC studio team are based somewhere in the US because they make a big deal of annual trip(s) back to the UK.  Not so good is a tie-in with Sky Sports where they relocated to Sky's studios for deadline day.  We have been "treated" to Sky's deadline day show for two years running.  :nigel:

Would also mention that unlike NBC's, ESPN's English PL pundits are run-of-the-mill to poor IMO.  Steve Nicol, for one example, comes across like a lazy drunk in the pub; you'd never know he coached (or even watched the games).