Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

On 20/08/2019 at 00:46, sm1 said:

He's in Garth Crooks "team of the week". This is what he has to say about him:

Caglar Soyuncu: He saw off Olivier Giroud, then Tammy Abraham; Willian then came on, thought about it and didn't fancy it. Caglar Soyuncu was clearly punching above his weight but that never seemed to bother him.

Leicester City's centre-back out-battled and out-fought Chelsea's big guns and both were sent packing by the Turkish international. This kid has a real battling spirit and I liked it.

Did you know? Soyuncu attempted 13 more passes than any other Leicester player in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49388521

I don’t get why he was clearly punching above his weight? :dunno: 

loved it when he taught Pulisic how to play. 

On 20/08/2019 at 06:34, Ric Flair said:

The LCFC social media department seem to be making a huge fuss of him and I love it. Stoking up this folk hero status is important, we knew there was a player in there and circumstances are now affording us to see him progress. Its early days but I'm fully confident he will be superb for us.

Also important to build up his stock early doors in case he has a shocker in the next few weeks. People will be much more forgiving if we've been singing his name for a month before he makes a mistake. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also important to build up his stock early doors in case he has a shocker in the next few weeks. People will be much more forgiving if we've been singing his name for a month before he makes a mistake. 

Agreed. Most will be forgiving. Will still get some idiots pipe up though slating him and slating the club for not replacing Maguire and probably suggest we should start Wes ahead of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I thought exactly the same. What Garth means is 'I'm (somehow) punching way above my journalistic weight'

I suppose it wouldn’t fit the narrative that we shockingly haven’t replaced the worlds greatest defender if he acknowledged how good he actually is. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Cult hereo is a bit of back  handed complement, it implies a not so  great player beloved of the fans, like Tricky Trev :)

soyuncu is quality,  evans is quality. unless benkovic comes in and shows those two  up,  they are as good a centre back  pairing as there is in this league.

I hope it gets to the point where he's playing well every week, we keep winning but he hasn't scored his first goal yet. We're playing away, we're 30 games in to the season, it's 0-0 with 92 minutes on the clock, we get a corner and up pops Soyuncu with a last minute winner 

I agree that crucially he needed to start well. He's eased a lot of the fears. I do still think he'll cost us a couple of times but Maguire was hardly mistake proof either, and you can forgive it if he's good more often than not.

I was worried he'd make a mistake at Chelsea and let Abraham get his goal. That'd be a huge blow to both us and him but it never came.

He's got a lot about him as a player. I like him.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

Cult hereo is a bit of back  handed complement, it implies a not so  great player beloved of the fans, like Tricky Trev :)

That's not how I remember Clarence.

Taylor signed him saying 'he plays for Englnd U-21s' conveniently forgetting to mention that he was the manager who picked him for the U-21s.

Edited by hackneyfox

43 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

not even slightly amusing, chanting using a players name that no longer plays for us and the size of a players manhood is rather pathetic and embarrassing (imo).

I bet you're a right laugh on a night out 

You do realise it's a chant that was regularly used for Maguire and therefore makes sense as Soyuncu is his current replacement? 

And what are you on about his manhood for? I'm talking about the size of his HEAD (as in Slab Head!) 

stop being pathetic and embarrassing