Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

I thought he read the game well yesterday, apart from one slack pass in the second half his on the ground work was excellent.

Plus it's just so good to see some pace in one of our centre backs, after years of Morgan, Huth & Maguire.

It's still a bit early to call him a cult hero, but the way he's playing, and making the position his own, is hugely encouraging.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I thought he read the game well yesterday, apart from one slack pass in the second half his on the ground work was excellent.

Plus it's just so good to see some pace in one of our centre backs, after years of Morgan, Huth & Maguire.

It's still a bit early to call him a cult hero, but the way he's playing, and making the position his own, is hugely encouraging.

Hard to tell who was to blame for their goal but we were all over the place.

16 minutes ago, Collymore said:

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The more I watch it, the more I just think it’s an outstanding leap 

Was perfectly placed between our two defenders ...   by luck I might add ..    just one of those things I’m afraid ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I think it was 50/50 both Soy and Evans were to blame for the goal...  If you add to that old Fuchsy who couldn't block that or any other cross (at least that I can remember) then there's only 33 % Soy's fault lol Indeed we were all over the place, I'm worried how will we cope defensively against more demanding opposition

44 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I think it was 50/50 both Soy and Evans were to blame for the goal...  If you add to that old Fuchsy who couldn't block that or any other cross (at least that I can remember) then there's only 33 % Soy's fault lol Indeed we were all over the place, I'm worried how will we cope defensively against more demanding opposition

I assume Evans should take the blame as he was the one with a view of the attackers' runs. 

But I'm not a defender so I can't say for sure. 

Fuchs didn't stop the cross but really the problem seemed to be there being nobody to help him out.

Tbf it was a decent cross and decent header. 

30 minutes ago, HappyHamza said:

I assume Evans should take the blame as he was the one with a view of the attackers' runs. 

But I'm not a defender so I can't say for sure. 

Fuchs didn't stop the cross but really the problem seemed to be there being nobody to help him out.

Tbf it was a decent cross and decent header. 

As was shown on goals on Sunday, sharp was offside when the cross came in and prevented Evans getting to McBurnie ...... fine margins ...

• Thanks 1

Caglar is doing well but Soyuncu/Evans did look a touch wobbly in the air during the late bombardment. At that point they were in a 3, I think, with Wes presumably displacing Fuchs from the back line.

Not as sparkling as his first 2 games but still a good performance, and he is learning all the time.