Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PaulW

Chilwell

15 hours ago, PaulW said:

Has anybody got actual chapter & verse on Chilwell?  Injury? Fitness? Discipline?

If his sick note was the same as Harry'r recent one, then he'll be off to Real Madrid for £100m before their transfer window closes

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Still such an undervalued player of this team. Missed his overlapping runs yesterday. The amount of times we had acres of space doing nothing yesterday highlights his importance p

Yeh, I missed all of his pin point crosses too. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Yeh, I missed all of his pin point crosses too. :ph34r:

Who would he be crossing to?

My point was he gets us further up the pitch. The amount of times we had to play it backwards was crazy yesterday

Edited by foxfanazer

Anyone who could watch that first half yesterday and not think we missed Chilwell is, to me, crazy.  Fuchs was better in the second half and part of the issue was no width and no outlets in midfield, but our left side was AWOL in the Chelsea half before the halfway whistle.

I don't know why Chilwell is such a favorite whipping boy around here, but I've just accepted it as reality at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Who would he be crossing to?

That's a difficult one, but if I can't phone a friend, I'm going to opt for answer;

A) a team mate. 

But being serious, I know we are not the best in the aerial department going forward but vardy is very good at getting in front of defenders for drilled / low crosses. 

I seem to find that Chilwell gets into decent positions but then play ends up further back In our own half, often all the way back to Kasper. 

He's an extremely indirect and indecisive player when it comes to going forward but a great defender which I guess is the main thing! 

I don't think I can ever say we have missed him in terms of attack. 

Edited by adejo92

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Anyone who could watch that first half yesterday and not think we missed Chilwell is, to me, crazy.  Fuchs was better in the second half and part of the issue was no width and no outlets in midfield, but our left side was AWOL in the Chelsea half before the halfway whistle.

I don't know why Chilwell is such a favorite whipping boy around here, but I've just accepted it as reality at this point

Chilwell has been so poor he's bordering on being a liability.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't actually injured and Rodgers just needed a way of dropping him without devaluing him or hindering his international career. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Chilwell has been so poor he's bordering on being a liability.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't actually injured and Rodgers just needed a way of dropping him without devaluing him or hindering his international career. 

Based on one poor match?

He was clearly injured. People have been suggesting he was dropped because of having a poor game against Wolves and that is absolute nonsense. If that was the case then Tielemans will be dropped for Sheff United. If Brendan actually dropped players from the squad after 1 poor game, We'd have half our squad handing in transfer requests come January. You drop a player for poor form over several games or for discipline issues, Not for one bad game in the 1st game of the season. 

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Not been at his best this season and indeed seems to have been stifled going forward ever since making his England debut but he was imperious today. Fantastic performance. 

I really had to read that again to see if I was going mad or you were being sarcastic or something. We all have opinions and see things differently but I saw him as our weak link all day long. Cannot beat a man cannot think quick enough cannot mark his man, like did he even see Aurier who was always on his own. I thought he was good last season but Fuchs showed in the 2 games he played he's a far superior left back still in my book. 

Edited by FoxyJim1987

10 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Not been at his best this season and indeed seems to have been stifled going forward ever since making his England debut but he was imperious today. Fantastic performance. 

Thought he did very well defensively especially considering the amount of times he was left 1v1 against Aurier. Still looked a bit hesitant going forward but I thought he linked better with Barnes than he has done previously. I remember him putting in a superb cross in the second half that nobody could get to. I think if we didn't have somebody as good as Ricardo on the other side, he'd be judged far less harshly.