Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheff Utd (A) Match Thread

Curious to find out how Maddison and Perez continue to interpret their role "on the wings" again.

They are no classic players for the wing, so we're going with a 4-1-3-2, looks rather narrow to me. But I'll let Rodgers (and Vardy up front) surprise me.

Hopefully, we won't be found out on either flank again. The Blades just need a stormy opening few minutes to put us off the rails, just like Chelsea did last weekend.

Need to settle quick.

And make those chances count, a little bit fed up with our seemingly persistent current inability to score from open play at the moment...

Here's to an entertaining match.

• Like 1

Leicester City Star Ndidi Doubtful For Ukraine Friendly After Suffering Hamstring Injury
Published: August 23, 2019
Leicester City Star Ndidi Doubtful For Ukraine Friendly After Suffering Hamstring Injury
Wilfred Ndidi is unlikely to add to his international caps when the Super Eagles face Ukraine in an international friendly next month and it has nothing to do with Leicester City refusing to release the midfielder to the Nigeria Football Federation. 

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that the Leicester City number 25 played through the pain barrier as the Foxes were held to a 1-1 draw by Chelsea in the Premier League on August 18.

After tests carried out by Leicester City medics, Ndidi has been diagnosed with a hamstring problem and could miss their next two matches against Sheffield United (Premier League) and Newcastle United (League Cup), but it is expected that he will be available for selection after the international break. 

Obviously the club tried to keep this quite but this Nigerian based website told us yesterday he was out with a hamstring injury.

Unlike many in here who crow for flying wingers like it was the 1970s, I love this fluid 433 system. With only one defensive midfielder in today it gives us a chance so see Praet in action which makes us even more attacking. The speedsters can come in if required later on in the match but I think we have a team full of players who can slip through balls in to Vardy and each other so I really fancy us here.

3-1 Foxes, MOM Hamza Goals, Tielemans, Praet, Vardy

34 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I know it’s not what people wanted but looking forward to seeing Praet have a run out all the same. Does any one know if Tielemans and Praet linked up a lot when they played for Anderlecht and Belgium? 

Praet began his senior career with 34-time Belgian champions, R.S.C. Anderlecht, where he also starred alongside City No.8 Youri Tielemans.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Curious to find out how Maddison and Perez continue to interpret their role "on the wings" again.

They are no classic players for the wing, so we're going with a 4-1-3-2, looks rather narrow to me. But I'll let Rodgers (and Vardy up front) surprise me.

Hopefully, we won't be found out on either flank again. The Blades just need a stormy opening few minutes to put us off the rails, just like Chelsea did last weekend.

Need to settle quick.

And make those chances count, a little bit fed up with our seemingly persistent current inability to score from open play at the moment...

Here's to an entertaining match.

When Chilwell is playing we have him and Ricardo running up and down the wings, so we can keep the midfield and forwards narrow. With Fuchs, it might force Maddison out wide left, but I hope that he has a 'free role' and can come inside when he has the ball, as he did the second half against Chelsea. 

46 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

People bltching about the system misses the point.  Switching out a pure holding player for an attacking player is a big transformation.  The change people seem to want - Barnes for Perez - isn't changing the system at all, just one of the moving parts.

Look for Tielemans to have a huge game today.

I would have wanted Barnes for Hamza/Ndidi and a return to last season's 4-3-3

• Like 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

I would have wanted Barnes for Hamza/Ndidi and a return to last season's 4-3-3

Fair enough, but if you followed the pre-match thread it was all about "Barnes for Perez".

I think once people see how the lineup changes with Praet starting, him being in the 11 is going to be taken for granted soon enough.

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Fair enough, but if you followed the pre-match thread it was all about "Barnes for Perez".

I think once people see how the lineup changes with Praet starting, him being in the 11 is going to be taken for granted soon enough.

We'll see. I still think against a back three we should have wingers, so as to stretch their back line and give Vardy some space to run in behind.