Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

How optimistic are you this season?

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Really not a fan of the system, however we are not losing so that is good. No Maguire hasn't had much of an effect. We just played a lot better when we had the 4141 system, Tielemans looks to be the most affected. 

I am optimistic for a top 10 finish and improvement on last season's points tally. 

Yeah this is my concern too. £40m spent on a player that our system is nullifying

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Really not a fan of the system, however we are not losing so that is good. No Maguire hasn't had much of an effect. We just played a lot better when we had the 4141 system, Tielemans looks to be the most affected. 

I am optimistic for a top 10 finish and improvement on last season's points tally. 

Perhaps defensively but we miss his sharp brave pass into midfield to YT or JM on the half turn - I think this is where YT has lost some of his ‘form’ .... has Brendan changed things around to compensate for the loss of maguire in this regard ?? 

Our problem will be similar to Spurs yesterday against a packed Newcastle defense. It was a great game to watch and Newcastle deserve great credit for their resilience. But my point is Spurs never once tried a long range effort from outside the box, Believing that they would pass their way through Newcastle to score a goal.  We will face similar problems this season probably as early as Wednesday. 

Our system so far is a little too rigid which is stifling some of our players movement. We play better with midfielders allowed more movement.

Now this might be only while BR hones they system into the players then he'll take off the reins and allow them to play.

I also think he has to find a way to play Wilf and Hamza together in midfield giving Hamza the freedom to break up play in more forward areas of the pitch.

This will turn the game in our favor quicker while also saving the players valuable energy by not having to build from the edge of our own box.

Still we're still a work in progress and a least one more window needed to plug the shortcomings of the squad. A fast direct Winger and another proper Striker.  

We have a lot of quality in the squad and we should finish 4 to 8 but with a little luck we could win a Cup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I’m cautiously optimistic. But there’s no getting away from the fact we’ve had 5 shots on target in three games. 

For me, the formation clearly isn’t working. I hope BR changes it soon instead of digging in. 

Yes the results have been OK but can you really say we look better than last year? 

Chelsea A - we can’t moan about a lack of chances through that second half. 

wolves - we should have scored at the end - Barnes fluffed his lines . That’s the way we get through packed defences. that wasn’t a shot on target but imo that was closer to a goal than a tame effort from the edge of the box.  It’s how good teams score ..... they work the ball and move the opposition around to get one on one and play quick give and go’s 

Very cautiously optimistic... I tell myself not to get irate and give Brodge more time, but at times can't help but feel we look a bit puelesque. I reckon if we played like this, in a cautious & reserved way all season we should be in top 10, but was expecting from BR to be more attack minded, adventurous...

Probably judging him too soon, maybe it is as some of you say he just wanted to be super cautious in the early games with our young/new lads and with the Maguire out. That said when I allow the inner optimist to have a word I can see us finishing 7th. Top 6 is... a wet dream :P Bring it on Brenda!!    

We can't really complain at the start we have had, I'm pretty happy with the results and we are unbeaten which always bodes well for confidence especially if you are picking up wins in that run.

I'm sure Rodgers has said he wants us to be able to play in a variety of formations and be able to switch it up when we need to so still think its early days and he knows what's required from teams to perform and contend and the top, I'm sure as the season goes on we will become more attacking and the formations and starting 11's will change we have enough quality in all positions to do so.

like that article says I still think we are in second gear, plenty more to come yet.

At least we're not Watford right now. Good lord, what a shambles there seems to be down at Vicarage Road right now. We've negotiated these first three fixtures well IMO, save for Wolves where we looked rusty.

Three games in and it's as we predicted - a two horse race for the title. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs struggling. Looks like Eriksen is on his way out within the next week. He was the player that made them tick.

What a great opportunity for us to break into the top six, and potentially challenge for a top four spot. Everton look poor, Wolves have had a poor start and West Ham are just unpredictable. For us to have an amazing season, we need Maddison and Tielemans to come to the fore. Vardy will score his goals, but if Perez can chip in with ten or so, we are well on our way.

Nothing to fear apart from Liverpool and Man City.

• Like 3

We're not playing the prettiest football but we're tough to break down, and we have the quality to get a goal when needed. Our midfield setup, while a bit stifling, was going to take some time to find those seams and through balls to Vardy. We saw a lot more of it on Saturday and I think that aspect of our game will continue to improve as the season goes on. Can't complain much about the way the backline is playing, either.

Are we playing as well as we could? Probably not, but who else is firing on all cylinders?

We're 4th! 

I get people saying that loads of other clubs aren't playing that great either but I only care about us. If they ain't firing on all cylinders then this could be our chance for a good finish so improvements need to be made

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Very cautiously optimistic... I tell myself not to get irate and give Brodge more time, but at times can't help but feel we look a bit puelesque. I reckon if we played like this, in a cautious & reserved way all season we should be in top 10, but was expecting from BR to be more attack minded, adventurous...

Probably judging him too soon, maybe it is as some of you say he just wanted to be super cautious in the early games with our young/new lads and with the Maguire out. That said when I allow the inner optimist to have a word I can see us finishing 7th. Top 6 is... a wet dream :P Bring it on Brenda!!    

Brilliant :D

1 hour ago, 49er said:

Three games in and it's as we predicted - a two horse race for the title. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs struggling. Looks like Eriksen is on his way out within the next week. He was the player that made them tick.

What a great opportunity for us to break into the top six, and potentially challenge for a top four spot. Everton look poor, Wolves have had a poor start and West Ham are just unpredictable. For us to have an amazing season, we need Maddison and Tielemans to come to the fore. Vardy will score his goals, but if Perez can chip in with ten or so, we are well on our way.

Nothing to fear apart from Liverpool and Man City.

Pretty most the way I see it. We're getting results whilst not playing our best. When our players click, they could be something special. 

Three games in is really too early to be calling it either way.

Too early to say. Only three games in, still trying to get the best from Tielemans and Perez, unsure how well Praet will play and how effective his position in midfield will be, still trying to play with inverted wingers, Barnes pushing for accommodation in the team, still not getting enough shots on target, unsure what our best formation is. I think we'll at least do as well as last season - yet to see if we'll do better.

Edited by Foxxed

Still plenty of pessimism here but maybe that’s good for dampening expectations at such an early stage. In truth though, we’ve got to be fairly happy, as it isn’t often a Leicester team starts as well as we have.

Some people seem to revel in their pessimism, no doubt casting themselves in the role of realists, but to be overly critical at this point is really unnecessary. We could get beaten in every game from now on for all I know, but so far, so good.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Very is the answer. I will definitely get a shag at least once during the season, so happy days. 

More importantly I will finish 1st. 

This post will make many visiting Blades supporters envious and any Spuds supporter suicidal

Edited by Chester Dontlie