Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

• 2 weeks later...

We'd get more money EL money if Chelsea win the Cup.

Why Chelsea beating Arsenal in FA Cup final would give Leicester City a financial boost
Leicester City would benefit if Frank Lampard's side were to get the better of Mikel Arteta's men at Wembley on Saturday, and it's all down to Europa League payments

ByJordan Blackwell
11:28, 1 AUG 2020UPDATED11:49, 1 AUG 2020

Victory for Chelsea in Saturday’s FA Cup final would provide Leicester City with a financial boost next season.

City will be watching from home as Frank Lampard’s side, who knocked them out of the competition in the quarter-finals, take on Arsenal at Wembley.

But while City are not involved, they do have a vested interest in proceedings at the national stadium, and it relates to how Europa League prize money is split.

City have qualified for Uefa’s second competition and for taking part, they will receive a cut of the TV money the tournament generates.

However, the money is not split equally. The bigger the TV market, the bigger the cut the clubs from those countries receive.

But even then, it’s not divided evenly, with cup winners receiving a greater share. So if Arsenal were to win the FA Cup and qualify for the Europa League, they would get 40 per cent of the TV market money, while City and fellow qualifiers Spurs would get 30 per cent each.

With Chelsea booking a place in the Champions League, an FA Cup triumph would mean Wolves qualify for the Europa League, and it would mean the cup winners were not in the competition. In this scenario, the TV market pool would be split equally, and City would therefore receive a third.

It would also be beneficial for City if the English side, whether it be Spurs or Wolves, failed to make it through the qualifying rounds and into the group stages. Then, City would receive 40 per cent if Arsenal win the FA Cup, or 50 per cent if Chelsea do.

This would also be the case if Chelsea win the FA Cup and then Wolves win the Europa League, as the West Midlands club would then be competing in the Champions League, leaving just City and Spurs in the sister competition.

There are lots of other factors that influence the revenue City would receive. A full rundown can be seen here, on Uefa’s website.

• Like 1

I have more Sympathies & Kind thoughts for Chelsea,than I do vor Arsenal...

I like Lampard..

Arteta, I am still open..

I probably dislike Arsenal, more than any of our  neighbourly  rivals...more than any European team, exception Maybe Bayern...

Being also a BvB fan, suprisingly I dislike Arsenal more than Schalke....

"Hate" is not in my Vocabulary in Sport.....One cant exsist,or prove & aspire to ones ambitions, without opposition or competitors..