Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Yes that’s a fair point! It was a bit like watching someone on crutches out on a premier league pitch if I’m being honest!

Indeed, if you remember the match where Harry tied ManU on a stoppage time goal, it was in part because Smalling was hurt and Moaninho didn't take him off the pitch, and Maguire beat him at the far post.  In fact he never even pulled Smalling out of his central defender role despite the fact that he was useless - at least we stuck Maddison up top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

4 points from 3 “top six” teams. Pretty good I’d say.

No.

2 dropped against Chelsea and 3 dropped against Manure.

TBH we should be sitting on top with Pool still to play.

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Seriously, I can't believe people are still litigating that goal.  Supporting your team is great, but VAR absolutely got that right.  It was a no-brainer. 

Well your post doesn’t really add much does it? I assume you’re referring to my post questioning why it was offside when neither player touched the ball in the first phase of play.

I conceded that they must have been deemed to be interfering with play, and was just asking if someone could explain. ozleicester confiirmed that he thought that they were in the line of sight of the keeper. QED. No need for the snarks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well your post doesn’t really add much does it? I assume you’re referring to my post questioning why it was offside when neither player touched the ball in the first phase of play.

I conceded that they must have been deemed to be interfering with play, and was just asking if someone could explain. ozleicester confiirmed that he thought that they were in the line of sight of the keeper. QED. No need for the snarks.

It isn't just your post, it's that there are posters whinging about that on multiple threads - that's why I phrased it the way I did.

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Can I just say.

Hamza comes on when we're starting to wobble.

Assist for the goal. 

Victory.

FUTURE ENGLAND CAPTAIN

Crucial sub - we lost control of the game and Spurs got in time and again. As soon as he came on he fixed that issue and didn’t put a foot wrong. 

But I think Rodgers got the team selection right. If we didn’t have Ndidi then Hamza would start every week. But it’s a squad game and he was used correctly today IMO. When we want to see out a game or play a more protective style he’s brilliant. In time I think he’ll also add more to his offensive game too and may end up being box to box but he’s still young and doing a great job for us so far. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

No.

2 dropped against Chelsea and 3 dropped against Manure.

TBH we should be sitting on top with Pool still to play.

Totally agree.

Today, is is as annoying as it was a great result.. We gifted victory to a poor Man Utd and drew with a nervous Chelsea.

Apart from Liverpool & Man City there are no outstanding teams and all are very beatable.

48 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Great result. Loving beating Spurs. Felt Ndidi had a bit to much to do.

He does and that’s why Rodgers doesn’t play the system all the time. It’s frustrating for us fans but when under the kosh Hamza came on and saw the game out. 

But he got the balance right today. It’s not a case of playing one system - it’s changing it during the game based on what’s happening:

- Starts with 4141 with Maddison and Tielemans in the middle to create and take the game to the opposition. Spurs started better but it did work. 

- 442 diamond with Barnes up front and Maddison as a 10 supported by Praet and Tielemans. Used to create lots of chances against a low block. It got us the equaliser. 

- 4231 with two holding mids in the final 10 to shore up the back. Rewarded by putting Gray on first with a goal for Maddison by not locking the door right away. 

We we have a good squad and manager to do this now which is very promising. And we know we can better too! Very encouraging. 

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

My brother in law (🤐🤐).. Spuds season ticket holder!.. 

Reckons Poch is a dead man walking! 

I know you'll be as happy as I am with today's result!

As for Ponch, I still think he'll go at the end of the season whatever, as will some of their key players.

Hopefully they will then struggle for a long time in a half full stadium which is like a millstone around their necks.

• Like 2