Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

Well my opinion changed during the 2nd half.

I thought we started well, started with a rocket up our arse for once which was a nice start, although we still conceded first and our heads seemed to drop, whilst i'd still maintain we were the better team (Even though Tottenham had more possession...) our heads dropped and I didn't see us coming back, i've felt for a while once we go 1 down it's a struggle to see us come back.

I think they tired and also heads went when they had their 2nd harshly disallowed (Normally i'd say harsh or not we want the right decisions, even with VAR im not sure anyone can conclusively say whether that is right or wrong), I can see VAR being a gamechanger mentally for teams more than anything (I think we mentally dropped a little having ours disallowed), but despit my comment of our heads dropping and struggling to see us come back i'd say we were the better team throughout.

What a game though!

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, Woof said:

What a game!  By far the best team we have played this season and we went toe to toe with them.  Could have gone either way but a superb goal to win it.  Evans and Soyuncu were immense.

Spot on. A very good match played at a high standard by both teams. Really wasn't sure we had it in us to raise the bar but we did today and probably just edged it though it was close.

Shows the level at which we need to play week in week out to compete at the top though.

Thought Praet had a more than decent cameo when he came on.

Getting a bit bored with all the VAR stuff already. Wind the clock back 12 months and the two goals dissallowed today would have stood and we would have won 3-2 instead of 2-1. Those decisions may have been wrong but they would have stood and the result would have been the same.

• Like 1

As shit and as depressing as last weekend was, today was bloody brilliantly. Wasn’t always pretty, wasn’t a perfect performance by any stretch of the imagination. But we went toe to toe with a good side, held our nerve and got the win. I hope they all enjoy a big beer tonight they all ran their socks off today. 

I know VAR is a talking point and he looked to be level for their goal, but I’ll never begrudge us a slice of luck it’ll go against us sometimes too. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just seen the post match analysis from BT for the game. 

It was all Spurs, tough decision against them or poor defending. We got a few complements of playing well but no in depth at all

Expect nothing less from a pundit panel that contains both Glen Hoddle and Christ S*tt*n. You'll get no credit from that bunch, just excuses for the bottlers and doing us down with the occasional back-handed compliment to give the illusion of balance to the uneducated neutral.

I hope they both struggle to sleep tonight. Glen for seeing his beloved Spuds crumble against us once again, and Chris Sutton because he's Chris fuchsing Sutton. :crylaugh:

Well that was fun! :D

That’s how we should have played last week, but moving away from that. This was a fantastic display and generally a fantastic match. Had everything. To come back against them the way we does our top six credentials no harm at all. We reacted better to the goals being disallowed than they did. If we can keep that up, then lots to get excited about. Soyuncu didn’t let his error last week knock his confidence, and was largely imperious. Vardy set the tone with pressure from the front. Two excellent goals, and Spurs stumbling again. Good afternoons work :scarf:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reynard said:

Getting a bit bored with all the VAR stuff already. Wind the clock back 12 months and the two goals dissallowed today would have stood and we would have won 3-2 instead of 2-1. Those decisions may have been wrong but they would have stood and the result would have been the same.

Hate it when people say things like this.

We don't know what the score would have been if either, or both of the goals were allowed, as the sequence of events and mentality would have been totally different. 

Each event in a game is linked. If a goal goes in, you then have to kick off from the middle of the pitch and therefore the moves following the goal are totally different outcomes. One starts as a free kick, one starts as a restart.

Use your head.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

I've seen a few of these types of tweets, and it's nice for Soyuncu to get recognition, but they seem like numbers for numbers' sake. What is a 'good' number of interceptions per 90 for example, if such a thing exists? Does more equal better? Defensive numbers seem like a function of how much a team defends, rather than ability. Some context is needed imo 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, reynard said:

No way of knowing this. Teams change how they play in response to goals for and against, so we would have seen a completely different game. 

If var worked how people want it to, the ndidi goal would still be disallowed as perez was offside in the build up, but the son goal would stand. I wouldn't have fancied our chances of getting anything from 2 down. With today and wolves, we've been quite lucky with var to be fair. 

Best game down here for years. The title winning season has some good ones, the 5-3 man u was incredible, this was right up there with any games at the King Power. Atmosphere was immense, game had everything, goals, disallowed goals, strange goals great goals, so much emotion. Such a shame Maddison probably won't be here next season, love watching him play. 

20 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Are there any gems from the fighting cock? wanted to look myself but keeps telling me to disable adblocker and i aint doing that

Our goal would have definitely been ruled out. Theirs could well have stood. Just because the linesman doesn’t flag now, it doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have flagged last season.